Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on November 6, 2016
Just got these. Fit well and warm. Bought as cold weather house slippers and they seem great for that purpose. Not comfortable to stand on for long, First time I tried to snug up the fit with the rawhide laces they broke atop the tongue. The lining is glued to the bottom of the tongue so you can't even replace or rethread a lace through the lace-holes in the tongue so I had to skip a hole to tie the lace pieces back together. They would do well to forget the cheap rawhide laces for the "look" and use a lace that is functional. Otherwise, this is what I wanted for cold weather indoor wear.
**** Later on got tired of the leather laces that are difficult to tighten and always come untied. Buy 30" round shoelaces, tape end to the leather lace, draw it through all the holes, untape and you will have much more functional lace.
on August 2, 2016
I love these slippers and am on my second pair. They are affordable slippers with a high-top, everything I need. They typically last me 2 years and I wear them all the time during the winter in our house and even sometimes in the summer in our cold basement. I couldn't imagine living in a cold climate without some type of slipper like this, I'd have to keep the house much warmer. The fit is tight at first, but be aware that the leather both conforms to your feet and the lining decreases in volume dramatically within the first few weeks.

My only construction complaint is that the threads used to tie the top piece of leather to the sidewalls came undone on the first pair pretty early in its life and I spent a lot of time trying various methods to keep it from totally unraveling.
on February 5, 2017
These slippers arrived today and they've been on my feet ever since. They appear to be very well made and I'm very satisfied with them. The fleece is nice and thick and keep the feet very comfy on a cold day. Some reviewers have said that these tend to run small. Luckily, that wasn't the case for me. I take a size 11 and they feel like size 11. It's always risky buying shoes/slippers/sneakers online without first trying them on. But, I hit a home run with these! I don't hesitate recommending these Tamarac slippers to anyone interested in warm, toasty, comfy footwear!
on January 13, 2014
These slippers were a gift for my brother. He loved them so much that one week later he contacted me to find out where I bought them so that he could purchase another pair or two for if/when something happens to the current pair.

Size is just right, he wears an 11 and they fit as expected. They are solidly built and you can tell they are a nice, quality pair of slippers. The soles are rubber, so that you can go outside and check the mail without worry. The insides are nice and plush and have good support.

I expect these slippers to last a good while.
on March 25, 2017
At first they seemed small, but after getting them on and wearing them for a short time, they fit just right.
on February 12, 2014
Recently took up with an Indian mate where the custom is, shoes stay at the front door. I don't do bare feet nor stockings, so a decent pair of slippers were in order. My previous pair of Tamaracs lasted 4 years before developing a hole in the sole. Bought this pair on look and reviews alone. Not until after the order did I notice them being the same brand.
Fits me perfectly. I'm normally a 12.5 narrow (B). I could see how they might be tight for a a true 13(D). The thick "wooly" padding conforms nicely.
I like the "chukka" style. A more substantial covering, yet I'm still able to slip them on without hands, with a bit of extra wiggling.
I see no initial problems with quality. Stitching and seams all in order. The molded sole looks like it will hold up much long than my previous pair.
on December 5, 2011
First, these are not a semi-chuka design, as the photo suggests. No big deal to me, but they are shaped like a normal mocassin.

The problem is the fit. They are loose in the heel and tight in the toe. I bought one to one-and-a-half (different sized feet) over size after reading the reviews, and they are oddly enough, tighter in the toe area of my smaller foot than on my larger (right) foot, and they flop around on my heels like shower togs. When I walk in them I make two footsteps per foot - the loose heels hit first and then my toes clack down.

They are warm. I can walk in the dew-soaked grass without getting wet feet. They are well enough constructed... But can't someone please send the Chinese true North American lasts? Even British lasts? Everything manufactured in China, from shoes to socks to slippers, are just stupidly and terribly inconsistently sized.

You see a lot of folks complaining about Chinese-made goods. I'm going to join the chorus here: it's not that the products are poorly made, it's that they are poorly made AND don't cost us less.

You just want to get what you pay for.

I could not recommend these to anyone, even if I didn't like the person.
on December 31, 2011
These slippers are OK - BUT - you need to know a couple of things before ordering. First, as others mentioned, order one size larger. I'm a size 10 so I ordered an 11 and it's a good fit except it's a little wide in the heel. Second, the "warm wooly lining" is NOT wool - it's acrylic. Third, not that it matters to me, the color is darker than pictured, about the color of coffee with one cream. If I had tried these in the store I would have passed on them but they're not so bad that I would return them. I go through a pair of slippers each year so these will do for this year. While 'Tamarac' or 'Slippers International' may be an old American shoe company the only thing that remains of that heritage is their name on sewn on to generic Chinese made slippers. The Staheekum slippers they are replacing are a better choice.
on November 3, 2016
Update -
The stitching already coming out. Very disappointing as they are very comfortable but longevity is questionable.

Original -
These are so fluffy and warm. I would like to see a bit more texture on the bottom to help prevent slipping but that is a very small complaint.
on April 17, 2014
I bought these slippers for my husband. He has a habit of going outside in his slippers and these have a much better sole on them for doing that when living in a colder climate where there could be ice on a surface that isn't easy to tell from just moisture. If he wore them as much as I expected him to, I could give a more informative review. They look exactly like the pictures and should serve him well for years to come.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.