Taming the Duke's Heart: Taming a Duke's Heart Books 1-3 (Taming the Heart Series) Kindle Edition
Customers reported quality issues in this eBook. This eBook has: Typos.
The publisher has been notified to correct these issues.
Quality issues reported
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- ASIN : B075P2GWTY
- Publication date : October 10, 2017
- Language : English
- File size : 3706 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 530 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #523,041 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Taming a Duke's Reckless Heart Piper Baker and her mother are nearly destitute. Her father lost all his money shortly before his death and her mother is now very ill. Their only solution is to find Piper a rich husband. On a Boston dock, Piper and her mother are accosted by thugs as they waited to sail to NYC. They are rescued by Barrett Maddox, Duke of Manchester. When he realizes that Piper's mother is a friend of his own mother, he puts them aboard his ship bound for NYC. Because she is so ill, Mrs. Baker asks the Duke to become Piper's guardian. The plot didn't hold together for me and I didn't care for either the H or the h. Also, it really, really annoyed me that the SHIP was referred to as a BOAT for the whole book. The Duke owned the darned thing and I know that no owner/captain would refer to his ship as a boat!! 2 1/2 Stars
2) Taming a Duke's Wild Rose Lady Rose Wentworth is constantly falling in love. Every time she meets someone who is a soldier or looks 'heroic,' she falls in love. Her father has made a match for her with a Duke, but she believes that she is in love with a soldier. When her father's friend Alex comes to visit, she is intrigued by the handsome man with the wicked scar on his face. When he rescues her (several times), she believes that she is in love with him instead. She's a ding-a-ling and I got tired of her scatterbrained ways. The Duke got on my nerves with his irrational jealousy and insecurity. 2 1/2 Stars
I skipped book 3.
Sexual situations may offend some readers
Top reviews from other countries
I also enjoy the little connections to each.
Strong interesting heroes & wonderfully fearless heroines.
Perfect happily ever afters with adventures along the way.