Consider this available item
Tamrac 5788 Evolution 8 Photo/Laptop Sling Backpack (Brown/Tan)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Evolution 8 Photo/Laptop Sling Backpack can be carried three different ways: as a backpack, as a sling pack on the right shoulder, and as a sling pack on the left shoulder
- The Evolution 8 is perfect for a DSLR with a grip and up to an 8" lens attached, several additional lenses, a flash, and accessories
- When worn as a backpack, the two foam-padded shoulder straps, waist belt, and chest strap distribute the weight
- To convert the Evolution 8 to a sling pack, cross-connect a single shoulder strap – red to red for carrying on the right shoulder, or blue to blue for carrying on the left shoulder
- The Evolution 8 features Tamrac's QuickClip tripod attachment system with a Tripod Foot Pocket, allowing a compact tripod to be easily attached and carried
|Save on Quality Laptop and Tablet Bags by AmazonBasics|
AmazonBasics 15.6-Inch Laptop and Tablet Bag, 10-Pack $107.64
AmazonBasics 17.3-Inch Laptop Bag, 10-Pack $131.77
AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop and Tablet Bag, 10-Pack $116.84
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Evolution 8 Photo/Laptop Sling Backpack can be carried three different ways: as a backpack, as a sling pack on the right shoulder, and as a sling pack on the left shoulder. With Tamrac's Triple Access System, there are also three ways to access your gear: through the front door and through two side doors. The Evolution 8 is perfect for a DSLR with a grip and up to an 8" lens attached, several additional lenses, a flash, and accessories. The rear, completely foam-padded laptop pocket holds most 15.6" screen laptops and others up to 15" x 10¼" x 1½" (38 x 26 x 4cm) in size. When worn as a backpack, the two foam-padded shoulder straps, waist belt, and chest strap distribute the weight. For quick access to camera gear, slip off one shoulder strap, swing the pack around to the front, and open the side door to access a DSLR with a lens attached. To get to additional equipment, swing the pack around to the opposite shoulder and open the side door on the other side of the pack. Both side doors feature two convenient memory card pockets and a pocket to store lens caps while shooting. To convert the Evolution 8 to a sling pack, cross-connect a single shoulder strap – red to red for carrying on the right shoulder, or blue to blue for carrying on the left shoulder. The other strap is easily tucked away inside the back harness. When the pack is removed, all gear can be accessed through the door to the main compartment. The internal dividers are foam-padded and fully adjustable
Showing 1-8 of 121 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1 )Converts from sling to backpack VERY easily
2) Comfortable in either configuration
3) Protects equipment well
4) On the trail, it did not throw my center of balance off
5) Well made
6) lots of little pockets
7) Held all my camera gear (2 bodies, 4 lenses, film, memory cards, batteries) plus water, some snacks and a few other accessories.
8) Includes a rain cover
9) In sling mode, I can actually rest my elbows on it and use it as a somewhat stable shooting platform
10) Can carry laptop, but I see no reason why I couldn't also fit a hydration bladder into that slot if I wanted.
1) It is a little heavy on its own. The generous padding and quality materials are kind of a double edged sword in that manner.
2) I wish it had a little more room for extra gear. Not so much photo gear, but general supplies. It's comfortable to hike with, but it can't hold ALL my photo gear AND other hiking supplies (first aid stuff, etc) at the same time. For airplane/car/train type traveling, the bag is perfect.
Very highly recommended.
My only cons are no outside accessible pockets, such as side mesh pockets. I like being able to reach to my side to get my water bottle or phone. With this one I have to put it down and get in the top compartment. Since it is thick I can't hear my phone going off either. And the straps, they are super long. I am 5'6 125#s. I can take the bottom straps and put them around me probably twice. After tightening the straps to a good backpack fit I have straps that hand to my ankles (ok maybe my knees). I understand the need for the length of them all but it would be nice to have a way to shorten. I did work with them and utilized some of that open space in the back padding to get them out of the way.
Only two minor complaints, outside of that I love it.
The construction on this backpack is quality throughout. It is generously padded - more than I expected, has easy to move zippers that are heavy duty and secure. The functionality of the straps is extremely useful. There are times when I want it on my back; and other times when I need to take a quick shot and don't want to remove it - no problem...just pull one arm out of the strap and swing it around like a slingback.
My camera and belongings are secure...they stay put and are protected by thick padding. The ability to change compartment dividers works well and I am extremely pleased with this backpack. I did wind up returning it to get the Evolution 6, which was smaller and still held all my stuff without the extra size. Either bag is highly recommended and a good value!