Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.32 shipping
+ $5.19 shipping
Tandy Leather Craftool Strap Cutter 3080-00
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.88. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Tandy Leather Craftool Strap Cutter 3080-00
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Professionally designed tool for cutting strips up to 4" (102 mm) wide. Two cross bars firmly hold most weights of leather for perfect cuts every time. One blade included. (Additional replacement blades #3081.)
Top customer reviews
Update June 2013
I have found out this is really only meant for veg tanned leather, not chrome tanned. I will be looking to buy an Osborne or similar make cutter.
Just a few caveats:
1) You will, of course, need to create a straight edge on your leather, because this tool follows the edge and cuts a specific width away from it. So if you start with a wonky crooked edge, you'll just duplicate it. I used standard methods to get my initial straight edge. Once you manually create a straight edge, that's the basis for cutting your strips with the strap cutter.
2) Make sure you really tighten the wing nut on the square end of the solid part (opposite the handle), otherwise the width measurement width may creep and change a bit as you cut, especially on thicker leather.
3) The blade is VERY sharp!!!! While making adjustments I somehow managed to give myself a nasty little cut right through my fingernail and into the finger (and I have tough fingernails). So be careful.
The product features a large, sturdy-feeling handle. The hardware seems somewhat cheap/flimsy, but I don't expect those parts to get much wear-and-tear during standard use. If you haven't used a strap cutter before and you find yourself wasting a lot of time wrestling with your straight-edge, give this one a shot.
This product is decent. I found that it is tricky to cut straight with the strap cutter. With every strap that I cut using this product, it wandered off-line. Fortunately, in the end, my projects didn't reflect the uneven cuts. I did, however, find that it was much easier to cut leather in long lengths with this product as opposed to using scissors, which is what I was using prior. The cut was also very clean.
I'm moderately satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind having a uneven cut.