Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tangle Teezer Salon Elite Detangle Hairbrush, Dolly Pink
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Format: Health and Beauty|Change

on February 11, 2013
I originally wrote this product a GLOWING review. I loved everything about this brush, I even defended it against the other one-star raters, basically saying they must have been doing it wrong, or maybe their hair is just too course (mine is soft/wavy): I was SO CAREFUL to brush from tips to roots, never on wet/damp hair, never ripping through knots, etc...

Well for the last several months, I've had to repeatedly chop off my hair. Every time I start getting a little length back, I realize the ends are SHREDDED, I mean split/dead/tiny spiral curly cues/looks so much like dry brush I get terrified when someone lights a match...

So I blame everything else: my conditioner isn't effective (even though it always used to be), my hair was over-processed (even though I haven't bleached/chemically treated it since I cut it all off), I just need more moisture (I deep condition twice a week now), I just need to tweak my hair routine until I find what works; I'll keep tweaking and tweaking and tweaking...

And then, I went to brush my hair. With the Tangle Teezer, the only brush I've been using... since I started having all this breakage (which has never been a problem for me in my life, IN MY LIFE)... Something made me remember the other bad reviews on it, how it caused breakage/split ends/shredding/misery/wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I'm switching back to a regular brush. IMMEDIATELY. They don't call this a Teezer for no reason; it fluffs your hair. I thought that was phenomenal when I first started: look at all this volume!! I don't think it's so phenomenal now that I realize that the cost is sad, broken, sickly hair.

Now, I read another blog by a girl who said her hair is still perfectly healthy (and about 5 blogs from girls who had the same problem I did). Anyway, the moral of healthy-haired girl's article was that it might work for some and not others. I don't know about you, but I say it's not worth the risk. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose (unless you've been considering shaving your head, then there's probably not much to lose, I should think). Just don't do, I'm telling you: if you want healthy hair, avoid the Tangle Teezer like the plague.

--UPDATE: TO SAVE YOUR HAIR--

I was terrified that I was going to have to cut off another 3 inches of hair though because it was so brittle and dead a few days ago. Now, keep in mind my last hair cut was pretty recent, so I was able to snip out a few split ends without having to cut off all of it. What I did to heal the dryness was: I mixed a good amount of coconut oil (buy it in a glass jar so you can see that it's white; I once bought it in a plastic jug and took it home to find out it was yellow and smelled of lard) and several drops of pure glycerin (CVS/drugstore) and smeared it into my hair, focusing on the ends. I wrapped it in a bun and wore a headband scarf, then repeated the next morning and washed it out after 48 hours. Don't be grossed out, it totally worked. Two days after throwing the Tangle Teezer in the trash where it belongs, my hair looks like hair again for the first time in 5 months. Bounce, curl, shine, and all the other great things healthy hair is supposed to have. And in case you're thinking I just needed a deep conditioning all along, I've been doing this coconut oil/glycerin routine for weeks; it only just now worked because I stopped using that wretched Teezer.
on November 3, 2014
This is the second Tangle Teezer purchase I've made. The first one we used daily on my two girls, 6 and 3 years old, for over 2 years. The product held up great to being dropped often and packed for travel many times. The best part about this brush is that it really does stop the ýtangles from pulling my girls hair when they have knots. Both have pretty curly hair, not super curly, but enough to leave them with many knots at the end or start of the day. They would cry every time we brushed their hair, so I decide to try this brush. It WORKS, and it works great! This brush is worth every penny, and your kids with thank you for using it on them. You'll even thank yourself if it is a purchase for yourself. I'd give this one 6 stars if I could. Hope this review will be helpful.
on October 26, 2014
I guess I'm in the minority here, but... no. This is a cheap plastic brush with plastic bristles. It's ridiculous. My hair immediately stood up on end from static electricity and I could hear my hair cracking and breaking. It does not untangle my very long hair. It is not nearly as effective or as healthy for my hair as my wide-toothed comb or paddle brush. This brush went right into the trash. It's worse than worthless; it's actually damaging to your hair.

You're much better off investing in a good paddle brush. Run some moroccan oil through your hair first and use a paddle brush or a wide toothed comb to detangle wet hair. To detangle dry hair, a good paddle brush and a little patience is much more effective and much healthier for your hair.
on March 4, 2015
Please beware of the seller I&SR. Firstly, I ordered an Orange Burst Salon Elite style, and got the Original style. Secondly, when I opened the box, the tangle teezer just didn't feel right, I think it is fake. It is smaller then my real Original Tangle Teezer, and the bristles feel like crap, really stiff and the ends are badly finished, not smooth like with real tangle teezer. I will try to leave a bad review for the seller as well.
on January 30, 2014
I finally caved in and bought the Tangle Teezer for my youngest child's super-long hair after growing tired of the daily argument about hair-brushing. Her hair is nearly to her waist, on the thick side, but fine. From the first day we bought the brush, the arguments about hair-brushing ended, and she is now begging for a second brush to take to her father's house.

Now, that being said, my oldest has super-thick naturally wavy hair, and the brush is an outright disaster. I can definitely understand the complaints from those who note that it seems to detangle the surface and leave snarls and knots underneath; I think the bristles simply aren't long enough to work through super-thick and/or wavy hair. So while this has been a life-saver for one child, it's a disaster for the other.

For the child with the fine, thick, straight hair? Awesome, and does a great job getting all the way to her scalp? For the oldest, with the thick, wavy hair? No way.

Also, a side note: if you have the beauty supply store starting with a U near you? It's about $4 cheaper there.
on December 23, 2012
I have curly, thick, course hair. I can easily brush my hair wet or dry with no pain. Normally it would take me a half of an hour to brush through my hair. It only takes me a few minutes now. I cannot say how much easier life has been with this!
on October 12, 2014
Both of my daughters have extremely thick and curly AFrican American hair. This teezer gets through all of their knots pretty easily. Damage to their hair is dramatically reduced with this teezer as well. FYI--I am NOT a paid sponsor for Tangle Teezer. I am a real mom that needed a good brush to deal with my kids hair.
on December 26, 2013
easy comb, the best of those that I have. Yet pulls the hair (in a smaller amount compared with the others) and often slips out of hands
review image review image
on February 19, 2016
I am not sure when I first heard about this brush, but it seems like suddenly everyone is talking about it. I really struggle with my hair, because I have alopecia, and I don't want to damage what little hair I have left. This sounded like a great way to protect my hair from damage. Oddly enough, on the day this arrived, I stumbled upon an old boars bristle brush my mother used on me when i was a kid. I pulled that out to try, as well.

This brush feels really cheap and chintzy. I don't know how else to describe it. It's just not a solid product, and it feels like it cost nothing to manufacture. I don't know if all Tangle Teezer brushes are like that, thought, because I'm fairly certain mine is a knockoff. The packaging was a bit off, and looked like someone did OCR on a PDF. There were a couple grammar issues. And throughout, the letter "h" was printed as the letter "b". I thought maybe it was a bad font, but in a couple of places, the letter "h" was used correctly. It seems shady to me, but I've never seen a Tangle Teezer from an official source. It's possible I got conned by hype and it's never been a high quality product. Actually, I'd love comments letting me know either way.

Aside from "feeling cheap", it's not a great brush. It's hard to keep it in my hand without a handle, and I don't feel like it's any better for my hair than any other salon brush. I keep it in the bathroom by the front door so I am forced to use it if I'm too lazy to go upstairs, and I have given it a good try for almost a couple months now. I will say it looks cute on the bathroom counter. But that old boar bristle brush I found the same day I got this one is so much nicer. I never find hairs in it, and my hair always looks smooth and shiny after I use it. I can't say that about the Tangle Teezer.
on October 8, 2015
This is amazing product. My 4 years old daughter absolutely hates brushing hair and she have long beautiful hair (over 16 inches long). And it takes over an hour to brush her hair and listening to her cry which breaks my heart. This one, only takes 10 or less minutes to brush her hair and she doesn't cry nowhere as much anymore. Just little ouch here and there which is way better than agony crying for over hour! After a week, she took this hairbrush and started to brush her own hair. Now her hair is always smooth and beautiful. I am grateful for this one. Last week, we lost this hairbrush. I was ready to order another one of this hairbrush then we found it. I would order this again in a heartbeat!
review image