Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on May 5, 2017
This is the second installment of the Reconstruction series, which takes place in the adept world like the Dowser and Oracle series. Wisteria Fairchild has captured the attention of Kett, the executioner vampire of the Conclave. She is certainly special on her own, with unreached potential power. Yet Kett's interest brings possibilities of danger and intrigue. She is tied to her cousin Jasmine and Jasmine's half brother, Declan. The three were trained by their sociopathic uncle as children and endured significant trauma. This book helps the reader understand why Wisteria sometimes appears cold and withdrawn. She is reluctant to trust, justifiably so. As a fan of Kett for a while now, I'm glad he is getting more attention now. The opportunities with Wisteria and her friendship with Kett are limitless and I look forward to watching their relationship grow.
on May 6, 2017
We are introduced to Declan in this book and given much more insight into Wisteria Fairchild's memories - the good and the horrific. The author introduces us to the Fairchild clan that Wisteria left behind - for very good reasons. Kett and Jasmine are there too, and all are in danger.. Well, Kett probably isn't..

We also get to see Wisteria fully embrace her very powerful magic, with help from the "trinket" crafted by the Dowser, Jade Godfrey.

This book deals with some very dark content and issues. I still highly recommend reading it. If you are new to this author, you should definitely read the rest of all of the series, as recommended by the author, or else you will probably be lost with all of the interactions and characters.
on July 3, 2017
This is book 2 in a new series by MCD. She has quite a few under her belt now. Technically, the Echoes series is good. MCD is a talented author and her creativity is fantastic. Her first , the Dowser series has really taken off . All of the spin off series are in the Dowser Universe. So I have faith that this one is going to work some magic for me, just not quite yet.
I am left a little bewildered by the actual story and cohesiveness. The characters didn't pull me in or engage me. I found it very YA, so maybe that's the audience it's going for.
I will keep up with it, and wait for the continuation of the other series. MCD is an author to watch.
on May 5, 2017
I didn't think another character could be as intriguing as The Dowser, but I was wrong. This spinoff series with Wisteria, the reconstructionist, has me completely enthralled especially with my favorite vampire, Kett playing a major role. There are no Dragons in this story, but the plot action will hold your attention. Thank you Meghan. I greatly look forward to your next book.
on May 4, 2017
I can't get enough of the Adept series. Each book has the power to make you feel everything as if you are the characters. Wisteria is such an awesome POV and while her story has its heartbreaking moments you still have those laugh out loud scenes. Each person has such a well rounded story and manage to become almost like actual people. The fast paced and intense story line make this book impossible to stop reading- unless you need a quick chocolate break to recoup before diving in again!
on May 4, 2017
I love all the books by Meghan. All of the series draw you in and make you fall in love with all of the characters and make you want more. Each is in their own universe, yet all intertwined. Each time a new book comes out, I read it in one sitting and then am left waiting for the next. The characters are all complex and leave you wanting to know more about each one. I can't wait for the third volume to see where Wisteria and Kett will go next.
on May 26, 2017
I loved it, but I have loved every one of her books - and this one certainly did not disappoint! My only regret is that Meghan does not write as fast as I read - lol!! I can't wait for the next one to come out. Her stories are well developed and never predictable, and I have totally fallen in love with the characters and their stories. I also love how the different series are tied together but can also stand on their own. She has quickly become one of my favorite authors!
on May 11, 2017
I have to say I love all of the books set within the same world as the Dowser series. This includes the Dowser series, the Oracle series and now the Reconstructonist series. Each book ends with me yelling I want more. However, the author, Meghan Ciara Doidge is smart than I am. For after I stop yelling and dwell a bit on the story I start realizing there is more detail and subtly than I first recognize. Her writing is evocative and addicting; her characters are well rounded and unexpected. For a highly enjoyable read, check out these books!
on May 9, 2017
I am not normally a fan of paranormal romance, but having been introduced to the Dowser series by an impulse by from BookBub, I just plowed through every book from Dowser 1, up until this point, and I'm hooked. Kett was my favorite among the supporting characters from the other books, and despite thinking I wouldn't like her, Wisteria, the Reconstructionist, is actually my favorite among the three narrator-protagonists in the Adept Universe. The pacing of the Reconstructionist books, and particularly Tangled Echoes, is on point. Can't wait to read more!
on May 16, 2017
I very seldom leave reviews but Meghan Ciana Doide has written an amazing epic story woven thru multiple series. I have read just about everything she has written except for a couple that are advertised as a stand alone, although she might expand them, that is me wishing. Tangled Echoes is the latest episode and it didn't disappoint at all. Answered old questions and presented new ones that make me want the next book now. So in the meantime I shall re-read the entire series in the order suggested.