Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 4,138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,736 reviews
Funny, adorable family movie for all ages. Mandy Moore (Musical Artist) music throughout the movie makes this movie not only fun to watch but fun to sing along to as well. My family has the songs stuck in our heads for days after watching! The movie is packed full with parts that will make the little ones laugh, and I even caught myself laughing at the horse - who is quite a charming character, and has many facial expressions that speak loud and clear for him (since the horse can not speak).

I thought with all the music in the movie I may not like it, since I am not a fan of musicals but the story really pulls through and the musical songs are tied in very well with the moment they enter. Mama knows best, your kids will be happy (especially girls) and giggle most of the way through the movie. Perfect for a rainy day when I have work to do - I find myself singing right along with the kids! I highly recommend this movie!
on April 7, 2017
This Disney is a little different from most others. It was the first all digitally animated movie made by Disney and I think the humor used is just as different as the animation. The characters reference themselves a lot, that is, they joke about the fact that they are in a fairytale, that real life is more complicated then just singing a song, things like that. I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan when I first watched this movie (back in 2010 when it came out) but I have since grown to really like it. This was the first of the "Modern" Disney movies, in my opinion, and if you like any of the Disneys made in the last 7 years, you'll like this one too.
on March 5, 2015
I wrote a review of Frozen DVD yesterday. When I went back to check if I had any misspellings or other grammatical errors in my review, I ended up reading the other reviews written yesterday. Very entertaining. When something has 14000 reviews, the latest ones rarely get read. One reviewer mentioned that she liked Tangled better. That intrigued me, so I rented Tangled last night. Another really fun movie. Flynn (or his real name Eugene) is just too handsome for words and he KNOWS it. But his good looks don't get him far with Rapunzel. I love the use of the cast iron fry pans in the movie (people, don't do this at home). It was a funny reoccurring joke. The guys at the thieves tavern were vastly entertaining as they sang about each of their dreams. The floating candle lanterns set off on the missing princess's birthday where beautiful. Rapunzel's character is completely endearing, more so than Anna in Frozen. Another really charming animated movie from Disney. I agree with the other reviewer on Frozen that Tangled is a charming keeper, more for the fun story and adventurous scenes than for the songs. Will be buying this when my next pension check comes in!
on December 23, 2012
It's been a while and I may be rusty, and I know I'm about 2 weeks late on this film, but let's get started. I am a male, and didn't really grow up knowing this fairy tale. I knew Tangled was originally titled "Rapunzel" though. Disney attributed the failure of The Princess & The Frog to one thing; little boys didn't want to see it. I enjoyed the that film, but could see where little boys had no desire to watch it. So Disney quickly changed it's title and marketing scheme; showcase the male character! And so the adventure began.

What I liked about the movie:
The Animation
Pixar gets a lot of credit for their films, as well they should. Dreamworks has always been in second place with their films. Disney's in-house animation doesn't get the credit it deserves though. They now have three successful films in a row (Chicken Little & Bolt).

This is probably the last time I'm going to list this on my "likes" list. The quality of the animation SHOULD be spectacular. The animators have no boundaries to make these films look amazing. Tangled does not let us down. From the different settings to all the various characters and of course, Rapunzel's insanely long hair. There are a few fight sequences that stand out in my mind that showcase the animation. There is one involving Rapunzel and the other involves the male lead character, Flynn Ryder, awesome!

The Voice Acting
This is going to be a tough pill to swallow folks; but Mandy Moore did a great job as Rapunzel. There I said, don't make me say it again. So you know why that was tough... I can't STAND Mandy Moore's acting. This is sort of a nice fit for her though. She started as a singer and this movie showcases that "talent".

Zachary Levi from "Chuck" is a great lead. His character, Flynn Ryder, is funny, and this is due to Levi's delivery. The character has to be witty, charming and sarcastic, Levi conveyed all of those things. Ron Perlman, Jeffrey Tambor and Brad Garrett round out the supporting cast who are great.

The Story/Heart
This is pretty cheesy to talk about, considering I'm almost 30 years old, but hey, it's true. Disney has always done well in this department. Their stories can be summarized into one sentence and this movie is no different; its about an innocent girl eager to learn more about the world. There is one scene in particular that has no dialogue that had my wife and I reaching for tissues. You'll know it when you see it, as most of the people in our theater were teared up (it was a packed house by the way).

What I didn't like about the movie:
The Settings
One thing Pixar does so well is create a larger than life experience in their films. Whether its Nemo in the ocean or Woody and Buzz in a daycare, they create these amazing worlds for the characters. Tangled didn't offer up the same. Most of the movie takes place in the tower where Rapunzel is being held captive. When our characters do venture out into the world, it's not very far. There's the woods, a bar and the tiny village. It didn't have the scope of other Disney films like Aladdin for example. With Aladdin, you felt how big Agrabah was, the marketplace, the palace, etc.

There really wasn't too much else I didn't like. I wish there was just a bit more humor to appeal to adults, but overall I was very entertained the entire time. The cast was great, the story was solid and the execution was there. The songs were very fitting on the story and that's always nice, unlike some B movies out there. I would recommend this movie to young and old, but keep in mind it's very G Rated. My wife and I watched in 2D and believe me, it was just fine that way. Save your money and avoid the 3D version, I just don't see it adding much to the experience. Other than that, be a kid for 2 hours, go see Tangled, and you wont regret it.
on April 17, 2011
Since John Lasseter took over Walt Disney Animation Studios, a trend of quality has been noted in the features released since his commanding. Disney Animation Studios has a rich history and was one of the best (if not the best studio) in the animtion field. But since the 2000s, the studio became less and less succesful with awful movies that not only did not resonate with audiences but also were box office bombs. Since Lasseter took over the studio, only four films (Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, The Princess and the Frog and Tangled)had been released but each one of them are compelling and have pushed the studio up again. Following the phenomenal The Princess and the Frog (which also set the return of glourious hand-drawn animation into the studio), Tangled became Disney's 50th Animated film and I'm happy to report that is a sensational film that proudly fits that milestone.

Struggling almost 8 years in production and costing over $260 million, Tangled had a very troubled production. Formerly knwon as Rapunzel, the title was changed in order to appeal to boys and to draw more money from the box office. While the title change is somewhat a debatable decision, it seems it worked because Tangled became a major box office success earning almost $600 million in receipts. Although the title was changed and the trailers showed a "contemporary" story, make no mistake: Tangled is a tradional musical fairy tale and is a really good one.

I won't tell the plot here but let me tell you that the movie has a lot going for it: a compelling and likeable heroine, a brave and funny hero, adorable animal sideckicks and a memorable villain. Rapunzel is a very strong, free-spirited young woman who is easy to root for, the same can be said for Flynn Ryder the thief with a heart of gold. Pascal the chameleon and Maximus the horse are really funny and Mother Gothel is a very amusing villain. The animators and the voice actors have to be credited for doing such roundable palpable characters.

The animation is simply amazing!!! It's the first time that a CGI Disney film can be up there with the Pixar catalogue. The humans are rendered marvelousy and the sceneries are breathtaking (specially the lantern sequence). But what struck me the most was how amazing Rapunzel's hair is. Is so beautiful and believable that really adds to the picture value.

The score and the songs were done by legend composer Alan Menken and his new lyricist Glenn Slater. While the songs are good and serve their purpose in the film, they are far from memorable. They are not the best Menken has done and they are not at the same level as others like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin. Still the ones that I really like were "When will my Life Begin?", its reprise and of course the Oscar nominated "I see the Light" (which should've won the Oscar).

Wrapping up, Tangled is an excellent film with outstanding animation, great characters and nice songs. An excellent Disney film.

Video & Audio:

Unsurprisingly by now, Tangled BD looks absolutely spectacualar. A lot of things can be said about the transfer but let me tell you that this disc is demo quality and will completely blew your mind. The same can be said for the 7.1 DTS-HD MA track which is dynamic, clear and potent.

The DVD also boasts a fairly impressive transfer for SD and a good 5.1 Dolby Audio.

Bonus Material:

You have some deleted scenes, two storybooks openings, a 50th animated countdown (which is great), a making-of featurette, two extended songs and 9 teasers.

While all the material is great, the making-of featurette feels really promotional and too short to be entirely valuable. I was hoping for a more compelling documentary that will talk about the music in the film, the anination and the production overall. Overall they are entertaining pieces but Disney could've done a lot more in the special features department.

Sneek Peeks:

You got some interesting Sneek peeks like:

The Lion King: Diamond Edition (Coming this fall!!!)
Winnie the Pooh (in theaters July 15, same day as Harry Potter)
Cars 2 (in theaters June 24)
Dumbo: 70th Anniversary (not release date but is definetely coming this year)
The Incredibles on BD (already released)

And more that for me are not worth mentioning. Also is worth noting that in an insert that came in the box, The Fox and the Hound: 30th Anniversary Edition and TFATH2 are also listed in a 2-movie collection 3-disc combo pack which will include a BD and a DVD for the original film and one DVD for the cheapquel. This set is going to be released this September.

Final Thoughts:

Tangled is another example that Disney is recapturing its magic again and delivering good quality animated films. With stunning video and excellent audio and a good (if lacking) assortment of bonus features, Tangled is a must-own title on BD. This set is great for the majority of us who won't buy 3D crap and doesn't care for digital copies. Tangled on BD comes highly recommended!!!
review image review image review image
on March 16, 2016
Loved it! I am a grown woman but I love animation that's done well. If there is a great story line; great characters; great lines & great scenes & cinematography, I am in & "Tangled" had all of that for me. Two of my favorite animation series are still "Charlie Brown & the Peanuts Gang" and also "The Flintstones" so I love good animation. I don't care for singing every few minutes, I need those songs spread out; but if there is frequent singing those songs better be good songs. In "Tangled," I know I loved the story line & I know the songs were good & I do believe the songs were spread out just enough not to be too annoying to those people who don't like continuous singing.
on May 19, 2011
This movie is Disney's--Glenn Keane's(with CEO Robert Iger & John Lasseter of Pixar)--attempt and desire to go back to the Classic Walt Disney formula. After Katzenberg's departure from Disney Animation (and now we have another great Animation Studio in Dreamworks!), Disney lost its way with some very sub-par story/animation with a few gems in between (Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, etc.)

According to The Art of Tangled Glenn Keane (Character Supervisor for Little Mermaid, Tarzan, Alladin, Beast, etc.) was tasked to create "Rapunzel" but later they wanted to create a "parody" version of the Princess theme (I think Enchanted [Blu-ray] might have come out from that endeavor) but Glenn Keane refused to work on such a project and pushed for a return to a classic Walt Disney ideal of the Fairy Tale story which Disney is known for.

The Current Disney CEO Robert Iger approved and supported this move and decided to bring all the old school Disney Feature Animation people into this project:
- Executive Producer: Glenn Keanne (also Character designer) and John Lasseter (Pixar)
- Music by Alan Menken (Alladin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc.)
- Directed by Dan Cooper and David Goetz (Chicken Little, Lion King, Bolt, too many!)

and thus we have Disney's first try in a long time to go back to the their roots.

I think this is for the best, as Disney Feature Animation will be able to put out their classics again while Pixar (part of Disney now) will be able to work on their more creative endeavors because John Lasseter runs both departments now!

Tangled thus, although not the BEST, made me come out of the movie theater thinking "Disney is Back!" Yes, there are a lot of things to criticize on in this movie; music might not be up to par with their previous classics, story is not as deep and might be predictable, but I think that's the Disney Fairy Tale formula, (Ariel didn't die at the end of The Little Mermaid like the original story!) It just makes you feel good at the end and makes you want to watch this over and over.

If you enjoyed Disney's classic Feature Animation (by classic I also mean 80-90's not only their old school ones) then you'll definitely enjoy this animation if you are not too critical... and if you're a fan of the video game Left 4 Dead 2, you might notice a certain frying pan haha.
on April 15, 2016
This may just be my favorite Disney movie of the 2000's (or all time!) Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi (as Rapunzel and Flynn Rider respectively) are perfect! Tangled has just the right amount of old school Disney singing (nothing annoying like Frozen!) mixed with newer Disney Animations to keep everyone entertained! Even the side-kick animals have amazing personality- Pascal the chameleon and Maximus the horse (who is chasing Flynn) are hilarious! This movie is a staple in my house, covering all the bases- my toddler girl, my 1st grader boy, my husband and myself, we even let my parents borrow the movie and they enjoyed it too! The only downside of this version is that it doesn't come with a digital copy (you have to get that separately, or with the Blu-ray 3d version.)
on March 3, 2016
One of our favorite Disney movies of all time! My three year old daughter loves this movie and so do I! It's clean with no language and has a good message to it. It also doesn't really have anything "scary" in it, so I haven't had any issues with having to skip over certain scenes that I'm worried might give my daughter nightmares. I love that this set comes with a DVD, Bluray, and Digital Copy. All those are super helpful as we use the digital copy on the ipad, the dvd plays in the minivan and the bluray plays in the house on the bluray player! SO nice to have so many options. We don't personally own a 3d player, so that doesn't matter for us. Shipping on this was fast! Great movie at a great price!
on August 18, 2015
I gotta say I'm a sucker for Disney movies (the cartoons, at least). But this one really tops the charts for me. it and the Incredibles (Pixar to note) are my 2 top movies of all time. Including normal ones.

This one is fantastic. take a classic love story, throw in a strong independent and Innocent (in a cherishing way) lead woman, add a standard dashing frivolous young hero, that ends up not quite being a hero...more like a charismatic burglar (at first). throw in a horse that keeps up with them all, and a fight between a sword and...a pan.

that has got to be the best sword fight ever. er....pan fight? sword pan fight? If you think that's weird...the horse was wielding the sword. you gotta see it. this movie had me laughing and tearing through the whole thing. one of the best, most balanced and funny love stories out there today.