- Product Dimensions: 11 x 12 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B000FFAKDW
- UPC: 742496801180
- Item model number: BF-683W
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #468,234 in Health & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health & Personal Care) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Tanita BF-683W Body Fat/Body Water Feature, White
- Tracks 10 previous weight and body fat % readings with calendar date
- Monitors your weight, body fat, and body water %
- 4-person memory with Athlete mode
- Easy-to-read 2.25" 2-line display
- Health range indicator for body fat
Tanita's digital scales are distinguished by their accuracy, reliable performance, rust resistance for moisture protection and unique features. This scale will monitor your Weight, Body Fat% and Body Water%, it has a 4 person memory with Athlete mode. New Tracking feature will track your 10 previous weight and body fat% reading with calendar date. This scale has a weight capacity of 330lbs and a 3 year warranty.
Would you like to give feedback on images?
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I shipped the unit in, and without even so much as a courtesy call, the "customer service manager" returned my unit with a note that my warranty claim was refused, even though I had spoken to someone before about the issue, and said it would be replaced no problem. The customer service manager was nice enough, but said that even though it was well within the boundaries of his discretion, he was going to refuse the claim, because they refuse all like claims regarding evaporation. He even admitted that it happens fairly often.
His recommendation? Buy another Tanita, and not place it in the bathroom. Right.
However, the batteries are contained within a plastic piece that pops out of the back of the metal scale. With a soldering iron, I could have it replaced in two minutes. The problem? Not only did the 800 number included with my original documentation no longer work (it was a recording for someone who wanted to talk to me locally--you know, the adult kind), but the people I did get ahold of using the long-distance number found on the company website had little to offer. Apparently, they don't sell spare parts for any of their consumer scales. So this expensive scale is rendered useless by a $2 part that should be easy to replace.
I might be able to hack out a fix and keep using the scale. I would be very wary of buying any scale from this company. It was nice when it worked, but any little problem and they won't back their product. I WILL NOT buy another scale from them; be careful if you choose to do so.
Having said that, it appears that measuring body fat via Bioelectrical impedance analysis is not very accurate. This article gave it a C+, better than calipers or BMI scale. But worse than everything else. I'm going to go find a Body Pod and get a accurate measurement. [...]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We had a BF 682 and have been pleased with the scales until it stopped working. We bought the scales (6 of them) for us and our 5 children six years ago. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Renee L. Magnuson
I had it for over a year and it still works great. Still as accurate as the the day I bought it.Published on October 22, 2013 by Ralph Bagarella
Very good product. The BF accuracy is actually very good in comparison to pinch tests. I am impressed and trust the results I get from it. Read morePublished on April 9, 2011 by Amazon Customer
I bought this scale to replace an older model from the same manufacturer. The old scale provided weight and body fat data only. Read morePublished on April 3, 2011 by Dan J
I've had this for quite some time now. It works perfectly. Glad I purchased it. You can weigh yourself with accuracy.Published on September 11, 2010 by The Lady