Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tanita UM-081 Scale plus Body Fat Monitor with Body Water % Percentage
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on August 19, 2012
Received my order on time. The scales are accurate, programming is easy.
The Body Fat and Body Water Percentage Monitor is accurate for the pedestrian non-professional athlete.
I checked my numbers with my physician, the difference was less than 0.25%

Enclosed will be an instruction book, warranty information, and page to record your progress.
Also on that page is space for recording Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Visceral Fat, and Metabolic Age.
Scale does not perform those functions, you have to order a more advanced model, if you desire this information.
For me the weight, body fat and body water percentage is enough.
on August 9, 2012
I bought this scale to closely monitor my body fat % between appointments with my nutritionist for weight loss. So far, the scale has been spot-on in regards to my weight and my body fat % in accordance with the measurements at my doctor. It is a great value compared to other products on the market that are much more expensive. I would definitely recommend giving this a try.
on July 9, 2012
Great price and scale is dead on. Use it for my wrestler. We take the scale with us on trips to check weight prior to weigh-in.
on October 26, 2013
My old scale was a Biggest Loser scale and you could step on it 3 times and get 3 different weights that differed by 3-4 lbs. That's very frustrating when you are trying to lose weight. My doctors office had a Tanita scale that did all the fancy BMI and tell you how many calories you should eat so I thought it might be a better brand to try. I love this scale. First, it feels sturdy. It's heavy, but that's OK because I think it's made well. Getting yourself setup as a profile is a little tricky, but once it's done it's easy to access and weigh in every day. So far, I'm the only one in my family using the scale so I haven't tried to set up a second profile yet. It seems to be very accurate and consistent. I can step on it multiple times and get the same weight and I like that it tells you your body fat and water %. It's keeps me motivated. All and all it's a really good scale and I'm very happy with my purchase.
on June 26, 2013
This is a great scale/body fat monitor! I cross checked it's readings with the doctor's scale and body fat monitor at my health club and they were the same. It also measures your body water percentage. If you want an affordable digital scale and body fat monitor, buy this one.
on December 1, 2012
Reading some of the reviews I had concerns on the weight accuracy, but it runs withing .2 lbs of my other scale. It says right in the instructions that the BMI readings are not accurate at high BMI levels. I mostly like the body water % readings so you can attribute weight loss to water loss or true weight loss.

This things feels substantial. It is heavy and feels firm when you stand on it and I am a big guy. I would definitively buy again. Also for you information if you are struggling to find a scale that truly does BMI with high accuracy according to Con$umer Report$ Q&A When asked why they have not tested these scales they say it is because they have not found even one that is truly accurate.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 18, 2015
Tanita makes great scales. My last one broke after several years (around 12 actually) when it was dropped onto a hard floor from a fairly high level. It had been dropped many times in the past but this last time did it in. I was crushed. I wanted another Tanita but didn't know which to get as the one I previously owned was no longer for sale. I did a ton of research trying to find the scale that seemed to be the most consistent and that held up well. I came to the conclusion that the UM-081 was that scale.

It came well packaged with easy to follow instructions. It took me a just few minutes to set it up. I just had to input my gender, height and age, I believe, The scale is activated by tapping a small button and then tapping a second one to access your profile. If you want, you can just tap a bar along the bottom and get a "guest reading" which will only give you the weight but not the body fat or water statistics.

I weighed myself and the results were the same as my old Tanita's which was incredibly accurate and consistent. The body fat was also the same within a few tenths. The water composition seemed to be on point. However, the one negative to this scale is that the display has no back light and the numbers are really dark. It's hard to see them unless the room is very well lit. I wish Tanita had either made the numbers light up or used a back light for easier reading. I can see the numbers from a standing position but I can't see the little arrows that tell me if my body fat is in the good range nor can I tell if it is giving me info about my body water composition.

Aside from the display which is not BAD, just could be better, I really like this scale. My old one told me how many calories I could eat to maintain and also how much I lost or gained since the last reading. I miss the lost/gain feature as this one does not appear to have a memory and doesn't give me the last reading nor compare numbers. But it isn't hard to simply write down the numbers if it is a big issue. I generally just keep track of my weight. My body fat has been the same for ages and only fluctuates a bit. The water composition is nice but not really necessary for me. I do pay attention to it though and it is consistent. If it suddenly takes a dive or jumps up high, I will find out what that means and make changes to correct the situation.

The scale is of a good weight. It feels sturdy under my feet and does its thing quite quickly. It also displays all three numbers (weight/fat/water) a couple of times so you can write them down or just not miss any of them. When I am rushed, I just do a guest weigh in which only takes a few seconds. Usually though, I do a full weigh in.

The scale can have two different profiles for two people to get accurate results but I am the only one currently using it so I didn't set it up for anyone else. I may do so for my husband if I can convince him that at home scales are accurate. Speaking of which, I weighed myself at home and then at the doctor's office an hour later and my weight was within 4/10ths of a pound so I am confident that this scale is accurate. It's also very consistent with no whacky readings even if I weigh myself several times in a row.

I think I did the right thing buying this model. It wasn't overly expensive and it gives a lot of info. It appears to be sturdy and accurate. It's easy to program and to pull up my profile. My only two quibbles are that I really wish the display were brighter and easier to read and that I wish it would tell me the difference in weight from my last weigh in. I am so used to that feature that I really miss it although I can easily figure it out manually of course.

In all, I recommend this Tantita scale. There are pricier high tech ones and they are probably great but this one gives me three readings and is accurate and consistent. It also allows for multiple people to use it and get personal and accurate information. I can't complain. I hope it will hold up half as well as my old Tanita. I am taking no chances and am not storing it on a shelf as I did my last one (which fell to the ground). Great price for a very good scale. I will update this review if I have any issues down the road.
on January 16, 2013
Great price for a great weight scale. It is very very accurate, however the body fat monitor can be off at times. It's good to use to see what range you are in though. Body water is pretty accurate. Great product for its price overall
on May 24, 2015
I bought these brand before because it had great reviews. And I bought it again when it broke after 7-8 years because I didn't really care enough to research the scale option again. And I'm ok with that. But it's just really great. Depending on how you stand the weight is off by half a pound. Maybe that's normal. But what really annoys me is that this scale beeps when you turn it on, beeps when it's ready for you to stand, and beeps again when it's done judging you. Beep, beep, beep. No way to turn it off. So, if your bathroom is in earshot of anyone, your husband maybe, you will sound like a compulsive weight-checker.
on February 26, 2013
Exactly as described, but I didn't notice there is no backlight which makes viewing display challenging in early morning light.