|Print List Price:||$19.95|
Save $9.98 (50%)
The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman's Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
- The dilemma of the career-oriented woman
- How to embrace your inner goddess
- Why men are so damn horny
- Why you need to kill the prince
- The perfect guy vs. the perfect guy for you
- The big secret about how men relate to female beauty
- Your secret gift as a woman
- Why good women get involved (and stay) in bad relationships
- How to spot bad boys
- How to love your body now
- Thirteen places to meet great men
- Why long-distance relationships suck
- Internet dating: perils and opportunities
- Meeting men: should you initiate or not?
- The Passion Formula
- Fail-safe ways to make men approach you
- The Three-Man plan
- Rejection-Proofing yourself
- Use your Unfair Advantage
- The Magic Question
- How to be irresistible
- 3 ways to make a man fall in love with you
- What drives men away
- Getting the second date
- The right time to have sex with a man
- How to keep a man worth keeping
From the Back Cover
'The content is intelligent and compassionate and enriching far beyond anything to do with dating. In essence, this book somehow, magically, alchemically, brings you back to yourself. Everyday TV and other media specialize in portraying women as cheap and disposable. This book is the antidote. Just by reading it, one is restored to one's own heart. I can think of no better praise.'
'I have read many books about relationships and dating, but The Tao of Dating is one of a kind, so different and mind-blowing in its common sense and simplicity that it is impossible to put it down once you start reading.'
'Thanks to this specific book, I went from having a nonexistent dating life, with empty weeks stretching ahead, to being booked every night of the week...The results were dramatic: I now feel like I have my pick of the litter with a slew of fabulous guys who all clamor for my attention.'
'Well, where shall I start? Mind blowing? Life-changing? Truly opened my eyes? No words can express how much I love this book. I wish I had read it much earlier.'
'I keep this book in a small, carefully chosen, boxed collection of 'indispensable advice I wish I had written' that I will pass along to my children as they navigate through teens, twenties, early adulthood and beyond.'
'This turned out to be one of the most transformative books I have ever read much more so than I thought it possibly could be.'
'1.5 reads of the book in and I can honestly say that I not only have a clear sense of the basic things that I was doing that were completely throwing off the dynamic with these men, but that I now have simple, quite beautiful little tools in mind when I'm interacting with men that make me properly excited to date. I'll admit that I bought a few books in this vein in one lump...but 'The Tao of Dating' just completely blew them out of the water.'
'This is the most helpful dating book that I have experienced! At the time of my purchase I also downloaded two other books and after reading this I can't even get through the first chapter of the other ones.'
- ASIN : B003GAMXG0
- Publisher : Elite Communications (February 14, 2010)
- Publication date : February 14, 2010
- Language : English
- File size : 444 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 284 pages
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #298,787 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Peggy on August 5, 2019
1. Know yourself - know what you want, know what you need, take the time to get to know your OWN SELF first and foremost, so that you never need to make excuses for how you feel.....
2. Show yourself - don't fake who you are to please people, don't fake being a vegan if you love McDonald's, don't fake enjoying boxing if the mere sight of blood makes you nauseous - be real, accept yourself, and you can and will find a person that loves and accepts you too. Honest! But, in the meantime - you will be a much happier person if you quit pretending to be someone that you're not. Plus, you won't wake up 20 years down the road secretly hating yourself or the person you married because they "fit the bill". It's not 1950 anymore....
Dr. Ali covers a lot of ground, and I think pretty much everything in this book not only applies to relationships with other people, but to your relationship with yourself, which is truly the most important. His writing is really entertaining and funny, he has a hilarious way of discussing the most personal issues without being gross or insensitive - he is both a dreamer AND a realist, which is definitely unique.
When I bought the book I had just come off an on-again-off-again very passionate, very dysfunctional relationship with a guy I was bordering on being obsessed with. If he didn't call for 3 or 4 days I could barely sleep. When we were together it was fun, it was great, but he was also verbally abusive and disrespectful of my feelings, and I just kept making excuses for him. Even my friends wanted me to break up with him because they hated the way he treated me - like I existed just to accommodate him. Then, I found out - at a party that his ex-girlfriend was also at - that he had been seeing her on the side the whole time he was with me. That did it for me. I bought Dr. Ali's book at a really low time in my life - and although I'd like to say everything just magically turned around and he fell in love with me, what actually happened was I realized I didn't love him even though I wanted to. I guess I finally just accepted that - if you are honest with yourself like Dr. Ali encourages you to be - some things are deal breakers and you are deluding yourself if you ignore those elements in any relationship. What happened for me was I chose no longer to see him because I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy ending it either - but it was my choice, not his - and that felt a lot more empowering.
Get the book. Honest. It's not about game playing, or wearing this, or saying that when he does this - it's about figuring out who you are and then figuring out who you want to be with. A much better approach to life and love than any I've read so far.