Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 25, 2012
There are not words to express how much I LOVE these shoes. They may be the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned including tennis shoes and my favorite slippers.

I should mention that I have a lot of trouble finding shoes that are comfortable for me and sandals are the worst to shop for. In regard to sandals I needed a soft material in the foot bed to avoid sticking and tearing of skin. Check, these have a super soft lining. I needed an adjustable strap because I have flat feet. These sandals have 3 adjustable straps to create a PERFECT fit. And, I needed good arch and heel support. These sandals are literally better on my feet than my orthotic inserts.

And, thank you Taos, they are not ugly. In fact, considering the criteria, they are pretty darn cute.

It took me a day to break in and get the straps adjusted in the right position for long term wear. They were a bit slippery at first until the foot bed molded to my foot. I experienced one tiny blister on my toe from having the strap too tight during break in. This is a record for me - a one day break in and only one tiny blister. Apparently, my skin tears easily.

If you have foot problems, buy these. If you stand or walk a lot, buy these. If you just want one of the most comfortable pair of sandals available, buy these.

Taos, many, many, thanks for a cute AND comfortable shoe. I will be a customer for life.
66 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2010
This is a very attractive shoe and equally as comfortable. I have bunions, neuromas, and no arches so most shoes are not comfortable for me and I am always looking for something that is accommodating and supportive. This shoe has a nice arch support, the straps (all 3 of them) are adjustable-not sure if they would adjust enough for a really narrow foot-and the footbed is very comfortable-more so the longer the shoe is worn. The footbed is a softer material than most shoes of this type-I usually wear a sock with others due to the roughnesss of the footbed but that is not necessary with the Taos. For me it ran true to size and true to width. I have been wearing the shoe regularly for about a month and like it better all the time!
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2014
Taos has become my favorite sandal company. They make comfortable, high quality sandals that consistently fit my hard-to-fit foot. My foot runs a little wide and I have a very high instep. A lot of times, my foot is hanging off of the footbed and the straps are never long enough go over the top of my foot. The adjustable straps on this sandals allowed me to customize the fit so all of the straps are the perfect length. Plus, the quality is so good I can easily wear their sandals for years without the footbed discoloring or the leather looking worn. Since where I live, we wear sandals 6-7 months of the year, that is really saying something.

I also require arch support and I love that Taos sandals provide this without looking like my grandmothers orthopedic sandals. They are light and not bulky looking at all. Thank you Taos!
on June 8, 2014
I have very high arches (high instep) and have suffered from plantar fasciitis and heel pain on and off for years. I am also starting to get arthritis in my feet. It's difficult to find shoes that I can spend any time walking in for any length of time. Most contoured footbeds do not hit my feet in the right spots; either the arch is too far forward or too far back. I've often had to buy a size larger in order to get my high instep into the shoe. These sandals are wonderful. All three straps adjust so I can make the top strap over my instep looser. If my feet swell in the heat I can loosen even more. The contoured footbed is not too extreme and has a metatarsal support which helps alleviate pain in my forefoot. Metatarsal support is important for those of us with high arches. The lining is smooth and comfortable without allowing my foot to slide around. The rubber sole absorbs shock when I am walking. I can walk longer distances without pain. I found in sizing that it fit pretty true to size. I normally wear a 7 in dress shoes, a 7.5 in walking shoes with thin socks and either a 7.5 or 8 in boots with thicker socks. I'm actually close to a 7.5 according to the foot measurement devices they have in shoe stores. I wear a size 7 in these sandals. If you have a half size foot try both the size down and the size up to make sure you are getting the best fit. You want to make sure the arch fits the contour of your foot correctly. My first pair of these sandals were a size 8 and while they were comfortable the size 7 were even more so and fit better. I now have 3 pairs of these sandals and love them. I wear them everywhere and with everything. As a bonus: they look cute and I get lots of compliments on them.
on May 23, 2013
I love sandals, especially since I live in the Phoenix area where it is sandal weather nearly year-round. I have many, many brands of sandals from cheapie flip-flops to expensive dressy low-heel sandals, to go with all manner of clothing, casual to classy. However, I think I have found my perfect sandal with these! Comfort, style and support - all-in-one. I have a casual colored pair now, but can easily state that other colors will meet the nearly classy mode for slack outfits. I have a high in-step and these sandals support every millimeter of my soles. The adjustable straps would allow for wider feet, although with my narrow feet, I could easily want a bit more tighter fit; however, foot movement is minimal due to tri-band construction of these beautiful sandals. My new goal is to begin the process of getting these sandals in all the colors that fit my clothing/color style...which may be all of them!!!!

Little to no break-in time required!!! Honest!
Great fit with adjustable straps...all three straps!
Excellent supporting foot-bed.
Quality materials. Love the leather smell!
Flexibility. Sandal can flex in perfect harmony with natural body movement.
Sole - perfect on all surfaces!
Decorative medallions and bead - adds a touch of fun!
Fit - true to size...I wear a 6.5 - 7.0 and a 7 was just slightly bigger as I would expect in a quality shoe that comes only in whole sizes.
Love the mixed colored selections and the metallic leather choices!

None....I tried very hard to find a negative in these sandals but could not come up with one. Oh, perhaps I wish there were even more colors! Patent black leather, cream, silver, light blue...
on June 20, 2015
I thought these looked cushy and would have some arch support. There is no arch support at all. I'm thinking to buy some partials and glue them in. The shoes are pretty, but they feel like you are walking on a couple of boards. There is no give in the sole (maybe just because they aren't broken in yet). They slap as you walk because of no give. I have wide feet and was happy that these could be adjusted. The two lower bands of the decorative center do not slide over to the center of your foot if you have wide feet, so it's really for just normal width feet. I usually wear size 8.5 shoes, but lately have found that size 9 shoes are needed if wearing slides with a part that comes up a bit on the heal. I assumed I would need size 9's for these as well, but they are a bit long. 8.5 would have been perfect. Even 8 may have been a better choice if no 8.5 was available
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 10, 2011
I have several other pairs of Taos sandals and I tried to be reasonable and not get another pair, but I did not have a pair in the multi colored green and tan of this Open Toe Slide. My girlfriend has the same shoes in a brown and red multi color. It is much flashier than the pair I have, but Suddenly, I must err on the side of reasonableness and admit that I have a toering, t-strap pair in the same colors. However, should that pair wear out or become decrepit looking, I may have to get a pair JUST LIKE HER PAIR. I do believe that Taos makes the most comfortable sandal that I have ever worn. These are the reasons I find that they are "must haves:" 1. Molded foot bead which is very comfortable; 2. Springy rubber "spots" on the soles that give them bounce and take the ouch out of walking; 3. Comfortable fit: these only come in whole sizes, but they fit me correctly anyway although I normally wear a half size 4. Anti-microbe embeded sole: supposedly no matter how long you own and wear these, your feet will smell good and you will not acquire "jungle rot" from wearing them (And don't you know I spend most of my day worrying about that!)5. They just plain feel good and 6. I can walk when I have them on. I have a disease process which makes walking painful. With these I can walk without pain for about 30 minutes. May not sound like much to you, but to me it is a miracle. 7. They are well styled and pretty. 8. They have a definite southwest look.
I find all the above attributes to be positive and so I love these shoes. I will have to see what color strikes my fancy next. I have several pair in various colors and love them all. I must note: One and a fourth inches is the highest heel I can tolerate in these. I did order one pair with a higher heel and had to send them back. Happy shoe shopping. (I cannot do a product link to any of the other pairs I have as "shoes" will not come up on the product list and Amazon says they cannot find them in "Everything Else".) June, 2011. I failed the test and bought these in the multi-color with red, brown, and green, so that I have a pair JUST LIKE HER. But I am being a good girl and put mine away in the closet to save for next year. I finally got them because the shoes are just so darned comfortable and so cute! I was afraid they would sell out and no longer carry them. Do not know this Taos company and how long it makes a particular shoe. Guess I need to fess up to being a shoeaholique.
on May 12, 2014
Recently, my husband gave me these sandals for my birthday. The thing(s) I like MOST are the colors of silver, gold and bronze. How can you go wrong? These shoes match anything and everything for me. Also, they are dressy enough to wear for any occasion, particularly comfortable if you are running up and down stairs, if you are prone to stumble, or if you don't want to have to worry about walking around like a 20-year-old model but an older woman who is perfectly comfortable with herself. With the velcro straps, these shoes will fit any foot all the time. Also, I dare say, they are quite sexy and feminine.

As far as style goes, I find that I prefer the Taos Hero Dress Sandal, which I have in Teal and plan to purchase in Port.
on June 7, 2013
I love these shoes. They felt good as soon as I put them on! I have many foot problems and have a very hard time finding shoes that don't hurt me somewhere. I have a neuropathy, bunions, blisters, Morton's neuroma, arthritis, etc. Nothing hurts when I wear these! I'm thinking of buying a second pair! A hint when buying: all the colors seem very nice - I put my size in, and just clicked on all the colors until I found the color with the lowest price! I'm not sure why it costs more for the same size in different colors, but when I purchased mine, the bronze in size 7, it was the cheapest at $79.99. I just saw that there are now a few more at this price, and even one at $74.99. And at the same time, there's one color at $100! Buy the cheapest - they all feel and look very good!
on April 11, 2015
Taos has been my sandal of choice for over 5 years. They fit well, they're true to size, and they last forever. Unless you're a shoe diva who has to have hundreds of different styles and colors pairs of sandals, Taos are many colors to choose from. I cannot wear sandals that have the strip that goes between my toes, so my selections are limited. Taos does it for me. The straps close with a Velcro strip and can be adjusted to your foot. Go ahead - slip a pair on. You'll be pleasantly surprised and a Taos fan for life.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.