Targus CityGear Netbook Case for up to 10.2 Inch Netbooks- Black and Grey TSM097US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Front pocket, interior workstation with pen loops and accessory pockets, padded/removable shoulder strap
- Constructed of durable nylon materials
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The CityGear Netbook Case is designed to fit netbooks with up to 10.2" screens. The zip-down workstation features pen loops, a cell phone/PDA pouch and mesh accessory pocket. The case provides plenty of space to store a power adapter and other accessories and includes a back slip pocket for additional items. For added convenience, the CityGear Netbook case features a carry handle and a padded/adjustable shoulder strap, making it comfortable and equipped for travel.
Top Customer Reviews
* It must protect the iPad from drops and impact.
* It must have a latching top or zipper.
* It must have padded separators so I can carry my Apple Wireless Keyboard alongside the iPad.
* It must be wide enough to handle the Apple Wireless Keyboard (11.2").
* It must be smaller than a standard laptop bag.
* It must have a shoulder strap AND a handle to make carrying the bag easier (i.e. no "sleeves")
* It must look nondescript, and not advertise "Hey! I've got expensive gadgets! Come mug me!"
* It must NOT look like a purse, or compromise my manhood in any way.
* It must be lightweight.
* It can't be from Belkin (I have had way too many problems with Belkin merchandise).
* I'm not paying over $30 for it, either.
I looked around for a while, and tried a few different bags and carrying cases. I finally settled on the Targus CityGear, which fulfilled almost all of my requirements. SwissGear had a nice case, but they didn't have a shoulder strap or handle on it. Most other companies seemed to focus on padded sleeves, or jumped right up to cases for 15" laptops.
The CityGear fits my iPad snugly (even with the Targus 360 case on it), provides ample protection, doesn't add a lot of weight, gives me an adjustable shoulder strap, and is just wide enough to fit an Apple Wireless Keyboard. The build quality is quite acceptable, and the price was right.
It turns out that at this price point, there was nothing else that fit my requirements so well. The closest contenders were all built without shoulder straps, unless I wanted to get a pretty purple thing that looked like a purse for a teenage girl. Targus once again fits the bill for the men who want to carry what is essentially a purse, but don't want it to *look* like it.
Hey, it's a changing world! How else am I going to carry around my gadgets? I can cope with carrying the CityGear. It's more "satchel" than "purse" and has all the features an iPad or netbook owner might need.
The bag is well designed and the construction quality is superb. Padding is fine throughout and it features a divided sleeve compartment for the netbook and external DVD or hard drive, as well as a spacious front pocket area for a few accessories. There are also a couple of zippered pockets for flat items. Unlike many of the neoprene cases, which tend to be very tight, my netbook fits inside the Citygear bag perfectly. The computer is easily accessed, slides in an out without fear of scratching, but is also held securely.
The bag is very compact and lightweight. It's hard to complain about space in a bag designed for a netbook, but I wish it provided a little more room for the power brick and cord. I can get it in the front pocket, but it fills it up. Adding an external DVD drive for travel presents a bit of a problem. You can do it, but the bag really feels overfilled at that point, and I would fear something might get crushed. With all this gear, throwing in a couple of other things like an ipod and camera is out of the question.
Bottom line: I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could. It's as good as it gets for its size and I would buy it again, even with the space constrictions. If you frequently travel with external drives or lots of accessories you might want to consider something larger. But for traveling with just the netbook, mouse, and power supply, this bag is outstanding.
Overall, I would highly recommend this case to anyone looking for a great messenger bag for their iPad.