Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
Nice, but flawed
on January 10, 2013
This is my 4th or 5th cover, from minimalist to thick portfolio. This one was purchased because it has my preferred retention mechanism and its thin profile.
- Retention system allows access to full surface, something that I very much prefer (nothing obstructing any area of the screen, including the frame)
- Material is attractive as is the overall cover. Time will tell about durability.
- The angles that the cover holds the iPad in are good for viewing and typing (as I am now).
- There is a place to hold a stylus
- The magnetic trigger to wake/sleep the device doesn't work correctly. The magnet is near the correct location, so if I force it, the unit sleeps. However, as so as I let the cover relax to its normal position, the unit awakes. This will absolutely kill the battery in a backpack or briefcase as the movement of cover will wake/sleep the unit repeatedly. This is the biggest fault with this cover. The $15 cover I bought from a street vendor in Bangkok works better in this regard.
- The stylus holder location, with stylus installed, precludes laying the unit flat on a table if face up, and makes it more difficult to pack into a full backpack or briefcase. Obvious from the pictures, but notable.
Overall, it is an okay cover. I very much like the form factor, but some of the functionality is lacking.