- Brand Name: Targus
- Model Number: AKP01US
- Color: Grey
- Hardware Platform: Pc
- Item Package Quantity: 1
Targus Wireless Stow-N-Go Keypad AKP01US
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wireless freedom - Wireless keypad with unique Stow-N-Go built-in receiver storage is perfect for travel, home and office
- Faster data input - Full-size keycaps for convenient data input; ideal for spreadsheet, accounting and financial applications
- Plug and play connectivity - Simply plug the wireless receiver into your notebook computer's USB slot; no drivers required
- System Requirements: Windows 98, Vista, 2000, Me, XP, USB Port
- Color - Silver / Black
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I will agree that the receiver that plugs into the USB port is a little on the fat side, and makes it a little difficult to use my second USB port, although not impossible.
I'm not sure why people were sitting 3 feet away from their computer using their keypad - I usually have it on my desk next to my laptop, or I sit back in my chair with the keypad in my hand.
The only time I had problems with it picking up what I was typing was when the battery was low. I changed the battery and the problem was solved!
I purchased this keypad to use with Sibelius 7, and it's been barely serviceable for the purpose. One of the issues may be Mac-specific - I'm not sure - but the other is related to the hardware. My experience so far:
1) Some of the keys register properly, others don't. 0-9 work fine, but BkSp - + and Enter don't register at all, and / * register one key to the left. This means I don't have hotkeys for some of the important keypad functions in Sibelius at all, which sort of defeats the purpose of having the hardware.
2) The plastic posts on 6, 2, and 3 keys have burs on them from manufacture that make them stick down from time to time. This didn't happen at first, but the more I use it, the more "sticky" they get. I've popped them off and tried to trim off the burs, and it's helped a bit, but I really shouldn't have to do that.
I do like that it's wireless and that the colour matches my MacBook, but that's about it.
Bottom line, I'll be buying a new keypad shortly.
*** NOTE: If you're having issues with range or the receiver is too fat for your USB port, that's what the USB cable is for. It doesn't plug in to the keypad - it's an extender for the receiver. Plug the receiver in to the female end of the cable, then plug the cable in to your computer. Your receiver can now be 1 foot closer to your keypad.
It worked well as a substitute -- range was good for normal desk work.
Nothing more to say -- its a wireless number pad and functions well as such.
Just plug it in and it works.. no headaches.
The one thing I wish they would have designed better was the slot to hold the USB adapter. The adapter can easily slide out when being stored. They should have made it snap in or something similar. This isn't a deal breaker though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
been using this for a while now. The keypad is a comfortable size and the batteries last quite a while.Published 11 months ago by dog walker
Skip numbers and created a lot of extra work correcting the errors . Would not recommend this key pad . Had to stop using it and bought another .Published 17 months ago by EDWARD LEE
this is just what I wanted and they were quick and efficientPublished 18 months ago by Laurie Clark
Replacement for another I'd bought many years ago & was stolen. A great help for a leftiePublished 20 months ago by cwnurse
The keypad works, but only if in line-of-sight with the USB plug in receiver, which consists of a large bulky plastic unit. Read morePublished 22 months ago by ChesneyDigital
Works awesome, love it. Bought a computer without a 10 key, will not do that again. This definitely is a huge plus. Had it for a couple of years now and it works great. Read morePublished on July 31, 2014 by chiefrita
When working at a clients office, two people cannot use the wireless mouse. If one person is entering something it is picked up on the other person computer. Read morePublished on June 21, 2014 by Rita Tyree