|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches|
|Item model number||3710-DC|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||3710-DC|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tartan Shipping Packaging Tape, Clear , 1.88 x 54.6 Yards (3710-DC)
|Sale:||$4.75 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Packaging tape for light duty applications
- Made in USA
- Meets US Postal Regulations for standard packages
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Just a warning. If I had bought this at a retail store, I'd take it back. Doesn't make sense to return the 2 rolls I bought. I just won't buy this tape again in the future.
UPDATE: I've had this tape for 4 months now. I'm still unhappy with its performance. I end up over taping boxes just to make sure they don't open in transport which seems wasteful. Also, I've noticed that they included another brand (Tartan?) on this product page. What I received was Scotch Sealing tape. Be aware the photo of Scotch tape is not what you will receive. This is not heavy duty tape. On the 3M Scotch website this tape is described as "Ideal for lighter weight boxes and general use." The description on Amazon says medium duty, that's pushing this tapes ability. I have moved up to Scotch® Mailing and Storage Tape 3650-4, 1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 4-Pack. It comes at a greater cost, but watch for it to go on sale for a good deal. I just bought a 3 pack for just a buck more than 1 roll of this cheap stuff.
1. When I tried to use the tape, I found it almost impossible to pry loose. Unlike every other packing tape I've used over the years, this brand doesn't have a colorful piece of light cardboard indicating the starting point and making it easy to unhook the tape.
2. When I finally got the tape unhooked and started trying to remove from the cardboard wheel a strip to wrap around a package I needed to mail, it was so weak, it tore apart after only a few inches. This caused me the incredible aggravation of once again having to try and find the starting point of the tape. Worse, the tear was that awful kind where the tape splits apart in the middle, so it creates a narrow, jagged piece with a very skinny tip that is particularly hard to see the end of.
3. Tape ripping to shreds like this is a clear indicator that it is so fragile, it is completely unsuitable as a packing tape. To give you an idea how frail it is, the tape I use in my office, of the 3/4-inch, clear variety, and even masking tape, are both far stronger than this tape.
Because of these defects, I don't recommend this tape for any use whatsoever, and I myself am going to ask for a refund.
By the way, the package states that this tape is, "Made in the USA," but since the company distributing the tape has made a false claim about this tape by calling it "shipping tape," perhaps this claim isn't true either.
I'll pass, and pay a dollar more a roll for tape I don't have to fight with.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Tape, I've been using this for awhile now. I made it through the entire Christmas shipping season with this tape and it never let me down. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brandy
I order this tape for our office, It doesn't stick very well and all of the shipment people complain. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I use this tape for shipping packages, very sticky, durable, and works wellPublished 5 months ago by Snow_White
moved last year, used a lot of this packing tape. great pricePublished 8 months ago by antonina j scotti
Always good to have tape like this available on those occasions you need it. Holds well! Worth having in the home.Published 12 months ago by TRM