BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Tartine
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 19, 2017
good
on September 28, 2017
everything went great more than I expected
on April 22, 2014
I really love pastries and would someday like it for a career... so this book is a good start for practice. it has many recipes and the directions are easy to understand.
on April 18, 2015
There is not enough words for love in this world to cover what I feel for this book. Easy to follow instructions and many varieties. This has something sweet for every occasion.
on March 4, 2014
Very straightforward and surprisingly unpretentious. I liked it and it was a steal at $4.00. Less than my usual library late fees.
on September 6, 2014
Loved the book. Shows not just the how, but also the why. You will enjoy this book in your kitchen.
on January 17, 2014
Typical to this couple to produce books that tell the story behind their careers their travels and all the thought and inspiration behind the recipes all this calming you down and putting you at ease to go ahead and dive into them.
Excellent book!
on March 4, 2014
was a bit disappointed - not many recipes that I would be interested in. This book is not for the beginning baker. I consider myself an experienced baker but was not blown away by the recipes.
on August 19, 2013
When I first received this book, I loved it. The book is very beautiful and it has weight measurements, which is one of the reasons I purchased it.

However, now that I've made enough recipes from the book, I feel like I can give a fair review of the actual quality of the recipes, and unfortunately, some of them did not turn out so great. I have been practicing baking with the precision of making macarons and baking from Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery, so it's not an issue of technique; the bad results are really due to the ingredients and ratios. There were quite a few recipes that just turned out way too sweet - the brownies and the chocolate hazelnut tart (understandably they are both chocolate based but then the authors add a LOT of sugar to the base). And then there were the ones that didn't taste spectacular (like I was blown away with Bouchon Bakery) - these were the cookie recipes and the chiffon cake.

Now onto some of the good recipes that initially made me like the book: the banana cream pie (but their caramel recipe is too fancy, it ended up becoming rock hard. I would stay with the simple 1:1 sugar and heavy cream), the almond tea cake, and the lemon bars.

So there's a few nice recipes in here but definitely proceed with caution...
on July 4, 2014