- Audio CD (June 22, 1999)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Single
- Label: Edel America
- ASIN: B00000JIZI
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (20 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #874,833 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Tarzan & Jane Single
Top Customer Reviews
1. Tarzan & Jane (SINGLE version)
2. Tarzan & Jane (MAXI version)
3. Tarzan & Jane (CLUB version)
The reason I rated this single 4 out of 5 stars was because it only had three tracks, as compared to the "Best Friend" single which had five. They could have put another mix or two on this, but the ones on it definately are good. Now for my review of each track.
1. Tarzan & Jane (SINGLE version)-This version is the one that appears on their first album "Fantastic" so it's nothing new to an existing fan. There is one exception, the song starts out with that chime like the video does, but besides that it's exactly the same.
2. Tarzan & Jane (MAXI version)-The MAXI version just means that it's the extended version of the original. It's a minute longer than the original, and even if you are getting tired of the original, the new bits in this version will spice it up for you and the song will be brand new again.
3. Tarzan & Jane (CLUB version)-This version is good, it's very techno-y and dance-y, something I can picture hearing at a club. The one downfall to this song is that it doesn't have very much lyrics, especially Amir's parts in the song. This version does kick ass though.
So overall, if you are Toy-Box fan adn want to hear it all, pick this up no doubt. If you like just this song, I suggest you buy one of their albums instead and pick this up later. You'll get bored of it quick, and they do have a lot of other good stuff. For a great bargain on the limited edition version of their CD, go to [...] and search for Toy-Box. This version of their CD has a bonus track and a bonus disc which includes music videos, interviews and behind the scenes.
Enough soapboxing though. The song is upbeat, and good to get your blood pumping. Natural dance tune. Cheesy yet catchy lyrics.
Very interesting that Amazon.com is the only place you can get the American release. Virginrecords online didn't seem to carry, neither did Borders.
Overall, a very good song, wish they would release the entire album here in the States.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this song, it is weird and fun and goofy. I'll grant those with the negative reviews that Mozart it's not, but if you wanted depth then you have gone wildly wrong in... Read morePublished on March 23, 2008 by Jeanne R. Panossian
Wow!This song is so much fun!I love it.I listen to the clip over over!The only thing I'm angry about is that they have to have second meaning lyrics. Read morePublished on May 19, 2006 by Just My Opinion
Tarzan and Jane is wonderfull, I am 10 years old and i've been
interested in Tarzan all my life. I love the characters,and the
background. Read more
This song is the kind of song you can listen to for week, but this isn't big hit. This is like Aqua's "Barbie Girl". Read morePublished on July 17, 2000
Toy Box's "Tarzan and Jane" is probably the worst song that I have ever heard. Basically, it is some new euro dance-pop band trying to cash in on Aqua's one-hit-wonderdom... Read morePublished on February 10, 2000 by John Kobylarz
Toy-Box' style is similar to that of Aqua but is no rip off. Are truly FanTastic. I advise you get all the CDs while you can. Same goes for Aqua and Hit'N'Hide.Published on September 14, 1999
The song is so cool,but kidish but not babyish.It's a nice song and i enjoy listing to it alllll the time!!!!!!!!!Also the music video is awesome too.Published on September 11, 1999
That way, I would never have heard of Toy Box or their "song" Tarzan and Jane and I could get it out of my head. Unless you enjoy torture, STAY FAR, FAR AWAYPublished on September 11, 1999