Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tarzan Untamed PS2
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on July 11, 2002
On my original Playstation, I have several Disney Interactive titles, and all of them turned out to be fairly simple and easy to beat, which I found as a big setback after just buying them! I had Tarzan and it was some-what entertaining, and when I saw this one for the Playstation 2, my first thought was, "Gee, it's probably bigger and better now that it's on PS2!" Well, Tarzan's world in this game is slightly bigger, but overall, it is mostly for smaller kids, 8-11, and the Disney Interactive touch of non-hard video games is still in action with Tarzan: Untamed as it's specimin to prove it.
This time around, the plot is based more around the Tarzan books but uses the Disney movie characters for the playing, like it's brother on PS1. Gameplay is simple and you follow an "invisible" track that always either guides you along or behind, never able to explore the jungle past your "King of the Apes Boundry Fence."
Also, with a unique twist, you can river surf, bungee jump, water ski, vine surf and do various tricks on all of them. I don't like how in today's world, all of those sports just have to have tricks to go along with them. Why not just do these sports and enjoy the ride? Still, it was rather enjoyable to do moves such as reverse sking and hand-sliding.
There are also two modes of gameplay: Story Mode, which is like your typical platformer, and Terk's Challenges, (Terk is a character from the Disney movie Tarzan, for those of you who don't know.) In Terk's Mode, you do Time Attacks, Trick Score Challenges, and Terk's Super Challenge which combines the two, on every level. Most of it was pretty easy, but sometimes the Super Challenges were pretty tough to do.
Anyway, this game is a true Disney Interactive game, with simple gameplay, various perks and still aims for younger Disney Movie fans and "Just-Starting-Out" video game players.
Still, somtimes it's just fun to untame the beast within, and play for old-time's sake as the King of the Apes, Tarzan.
on April 15, 2002
My son loves this game! Sometimes it has been hard, as a parent, to find a game for a 7 year old that is not filled with loads of violence. It can be repetitive, but for someone my sons age it still presents a challenge for him.
on March 3, 2003
(I would probably really give the game 3 1/2 stars, but it is a 4 rather than just a 3) This game was pretty fun - I was surprised at how cheap it was compared to most Playstation 2 games and this was why I bought it. I had played the Tarzan game for Game Boy Advance (given to me for Christmas) and had a great time with that one. While I think that the GBA version is much better, this one is good for the price you pay. I do think the graphics could use some work, but if you like Mario-Brothers or the P2 Pac-Man games, you'll enjoy this one, and it's especially a good game for children (not too hard and not overly complicated to play). For what I payed I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. I don't play P2 games very often and get frusterated when they get so hard that I get stuck, so this one was great for me - just hard enough to enjoy, but not enough to get me too stuck anywhere.
on December 18, 2001
I bought this game as a gift for another adult. We have played this game together and it is loads of fun. Pretty challenging, but not too impossible to beat. We don't play video games 24X7, so we have not completed all levels yet. Many levels of play and once you have completed the level you need to go back through it to get items that you missed in order to move on to higher levels. Great for someone looking for adventure with blood and guts.
on December 26, 2001
This Game is lots of fun. Me and my sisters love playing it. Its not really easy or extremely hard. But it is a challenge and the settings are always cool. The graphics are PERFECT! I cant think of one wrong thing about the game. If your looking for a game to buy this is it!
on April 15, 2002
on January 21, 2003
I have a 7 year old son who has the Tarzan movie and we have played the Tarzan game online I believe under Disney.com one day and on Christmas he got a PlayStation 2. He is a very good boy, and when we rented this particular game from Blockbusters, he did not want to give it back and every since then, I have been trying to find one of the Tarzan Untamed games to purchase so we can add this to his collection of games and, it seems everywhere I look, it's either dicontinued or they do not have it.
But the game is really GREAT, EXCITING, ADVENTUROUS, CHALLENGING, and really I can go on and on. This is just my son's and my own personal opingion of this PS Game. Keep up the excellent work.
Sincerely,
Angela Hudnall & Markus Hudnall,
Parkville, Maryland
on August 13, 2016
seems ok may be hard like some are to get past first level forgot may see cheat code. love graphics though and loved how looked on youtube so I got it
on December 29, 2001
this game is one of the worst I have ever seen for ps2!
I was extremely disappointed with the graphics! the game
play was awful! I found my self frustrated and annoyed!
the load time was way over limits for such poor graphics
all UBI soft did was take the ps1 game and make it a little
harder. Tarzan untamed is just a platform game I thought
I was back on my old Super Nintendo there is only one path,
one way! everything else is decoration! I myself am a true
Tarzan fan but this is awful! and for 50 bucks its even worse
on March 7, 2016
Perfectly processed and perfectly delivered great condition have had no problems