Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Acoutsic Christmas STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 1, 2011
Love this book! It has a recipe for almost anything you could want to make and they are GOOD! I've made probably 20 different recipes in here so far and was thrilled with every one of them. I love how it's broken up into sections so things are easy to find, i.e 30 minutes meals, light meals, beef, pork, chicken. So you can easily look up recipes. My favorite thing is the splash guards that protect your pages from splashes, smudges, or in my kitchen, flying ingredients like flour and sugar ;-)
This would make a perfect gift for newlyweds or anyone setting up house on their own for the first time because it has lists in the front of the book for items in a well stocked kitchen, they give loads of instruction on basics like how to cut different meat, how long different meats should be cooked and so on. Really a great all around book. I don't think anyone could be dissapointed in this!
on April 17, 2012
I purchased this cookbook as a birthday gift for a friend of mine who has always been partial to Taste of Home publications, cookbooks & recipes. She's even gotten my eye trained to look for the "Taste of Home" brand!

This book has an excellent selection of recipes, arranged by types of meat, course of meal, etc. Throughout, it has helpful tips on food preparation & how to select, purchase & store different fruits, vegetables, etc. The nutritional information for each recipe is especially informative, & the photos always make everything look so good!

My friend frequently brings me samples of different dishes she tries out, & I was more than happy to be able to present her with more selections!

For a novice cook such as myself, this book is a perfect comprehensive selection of easy, straightforward recipes. I browsed through it several times before presenting it to my friend, & had to add it back to my Amazon "wishlist" to splurge on a copy for myself in the future!

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone, & will probably be a proud owner of my own copy in the near future!
on August 17, 2012
I was really surprised to see this book have a few extras in it. Such as the pasta and the sauces that come with it! This is great! No - its fantastic! I cannot wait to try them! I've always wanted just a section of pasta and sauces. Easy reference to get to also.

They also had 30 minute entrees which is also a surprise.

They divide their food into categories like always. I always like that. Plus the info that comes with it.

LOVE Taste of Home! Will always buy from them forever. :-)
on June 19, 2013
There are a ton of recipes in this cookbook that look amazing! Also, there are a lot of helpful pages such as measurements as well as suitable substitutes for ingredients that you may not have on hand. I also like that there is a plastic 'splash page' to protect the page you're on as you cook. There's a section of quick and healthy recipes as well as a section of apps perfect for entertaining. Right now, it looks great in my kitchen. Perhaps, one day, I'll learn to cook and really use it regularly :)
on August 18, 2013
I originally bought this cookbook as a gift for my niece's bridal shower, but ended up getting her something from her registry and keeping this for myself. It was great seeing so many recipes from past Taste of Home magazine issues. My husband was happy to see it, too, because now I can throw away the clutter of little cut-out recipes from years of subscribing to the magazines because now I have them all right here in one book.
on July 29, 2016
One of my go to books. Easy and tasty, lots of info regarding calories and time requirements. I would have preferred a bound book, but the binder is sturdy.
on November 16, 2014
If you can't get a Taste of Home magazine every month, get these big-book collections. Truly taste-tested recipes for all occasions beautifully photographed and presented. A good reference book too. Very good value for all cooks at all levels.
on January 1, 2013
I have one of the original Taste of Home cookbooks, which I love. I got this one for my 15 year old grandaughter who loves to cook. Besides receipes it includes information on cooking techniques and tools. The spice section is great for learning how to use spices.
on April 9, 2015
This cookbook has been something of a life saver! Not only does it include many wonderful recipes for me to make for my wife but it details what cuts of meat are used for different things and all the different herbs and spices for different purposes. It also includes tips on how to slice, dice, and chop your vegetables. Would definitely recommend purchasing this cookbook, especially if you are not the master chef we might pretend to be!
on January 5, 2016
this was a great gift for daughter in law mine was so good. The information inside is awesome for anyone