Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Taste of Home Mom's Best Made Easy
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$7.95+ $3.99 shipping

on September 17, 2012
If your Mother or Grandmother were great cooks and you wish they had written down each of your favorite recipes for you....they did! Here, in this cookbook.

The name and location of each cook who submitted a recipe is listed next to that recipe. I love that feature!

My favorite section is "Mom's Best 30-minute Meals." You get wonderful hearty meals with quick shortcuts. For instance, on page 174 you are given recipes for the complete meal: "Smoked Sausage Kabobs" with "Corny Lettuce Salad" and "Banana Pineapple Sundaes." All from one cook who also offers shortcuts or variations to each recipe. Page 175 shows us a full page color photo of how each dish will look. LOVE THAT!

You could also mix and match meals. For instance, take the example meal above. Let's say you don't have any bananas on hand...so on page 185 you could make "Microwave Oatmeal Cake" instead!

All the recipes I've tried so far use everyday ingredients found in most grocery stores.

How easy is that? And that's what this cook book is...easy to follow recipe directions, easy to find ingredients, easy to use!

I hope this review has helped!
on March 12, 2011
I have a gazillion cookbooks. This one is really good and photos are excellent. I enjoy the fact that I can cook from a page or two for a meal. For example, I made the chicken parmigiana, broccoli fettucine alfredo, and very easy apple cinnamon turnovers by flipping to a page when planning a meal. Delicious and not very time consuming. The layout of the book is super. The meals are classic! Love it! Moreso, my family loves it.
on April 1, 2011
I have several Taste of Home cookbooks, but this is my favorite. The recipes really are easy and speedy to make and taste great. Tons of photos, too.

This book is really more like the stuff Taste of Home magazine used to be like several years back...Ya' know...when it didn't have advertising filling the pages and the recipes were truly wonderful! The price at the time of this review is a complete no-brainer, so grab it while it's still available.
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 21, 2014
Don't buy this book if you are watching y our weight, or counting points. This is full of good hearty recipes. I have made several all ready. There is a ice cream sandwich cake, picture on the cover, that is out of this world. Makes a 13 x 9 pan, which serves a lot! If you love to cook you will love this book.
on August 26, 2015
I always appreciated the Mom's Best Meal feature from Taste of Home and was delighted to see some of them compiled in this cookbook. Recipes range from solid, every day fare, while others are company-appropriate. I know I will enjoy using this book. Just a warning to those who own a lot of Taste of Home cookbooks: a lot of these recipes are repeats from other collections, and some I've seen in 3 or 4 other collections. There's still enough of a variety that it was worth purchasing. I also bought this as a gift for someone and she loved it. Recommended!
on November 28, 2011
I bought one of these at a local bookstore for my brother-in-law's birthday. Looking through it, saw several recipes that I wanted to try. Went back to the store to get the other copy that they had when I bought first one, OF COURSE it was gone. Purchased this one from Amazon for less money.

I have made the pumpkin cake roll, then I changed the recipe and made Peanut butter cake roll, Strawberry cake roll and pineapple cake roll by substituting for the pumpkin in the recipe. Then I made the Cherry puff pastry ring. ALL were hits.

Would definitely recommed this cookbook
on January 7, 2018
Bought for a gift for a friend.
on March 1, 2016
Good idea and food choices.
on May 1, 2016
Love Taste of Home.
on February 9, 2015
great cookbook, lots of great recipes.........kids will love this.......