Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Taste of Italy Gift Basket by ig4U
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This was a cool basket of goodies. I wasn't sure what to expect honestly. There were two little packets of specialty flavor coffee, two different kinds of cheese sticks & cheese biscuits, a packet of cheese & spice dip, a box of spaghetti, chocolates, box of garlic crackers, and a can of cheese stuffed olives from Spain. Most everything seemed to be from Italy or Spain. The basket is a standard little woven job with cute leather handles. (It'll make a fine container for the trick or treat candies)

The chocolate covered cherries were very rich and indulgent. The hazelnut mousse chocolates were extremely rich, everyone agreed though that the cherries were the best of the two items. The cheese straws were cheesy and not overly crunchy - tasted fresh. My father is an olive nut - he can tell the difference in types of olives under all circumstances and there is always some type of olive on his table. The can of cheese stuffed olives was good - he liked them, I find olives a tad salty normally, but these were quite nice. We haven't had a chance to make the coffee yet or cook the pasta, but if the other items are any indication, there won't be anything yucky in this basket. I would feel good sending one of these as a gift to family or friends.
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We were really please with the Taste of Italy Gift Basket. There were a lot of great things to taste in here. Several of the items in the case have become household favorites and we've tracked down where to purchase them individually. My girlfriend is also giving one or two of these baskets to relatives for the holidays - that's how much she was impressed by this.

So what comes in your gift basket?

1) 7oz Bellentani Rustice Tuscan Style Salami. This is excellent. It's a very strong herb covered salami that tastes great and is sure to knock you for a loop the first time you taste it.

2) 3.5oz Italian Herb cheese spread. Also excellent. It's great with crackers and compliments the salami wonderfully.

3) 7.05oz Sandamiri Garlic Crostini crackers. These are amazing. The good news is you can purchase Sandamiri products on Amazon. The bad news is they don't have this flavor.

4) 3.5oz Water Wheel wafer crackers. These were okay. Just your standard superthin wafer crackers.

5) 5.29oz Spread Sticks. These long hard breadsticks are great with the cheese spread or mustards.

6) .9oz Dolcetto Chocolate Pastry cookies. These are tasty and the chocolate is quite strong for such a little amount. Very happy with these.

7) 2.4oz Crespo pitted green olives with herbs and garlic. These are TERRIBLE. I love olives and these things made me gag. My girlfriend had to spit hers out. These are nasty. I can not emphasize that enough. This is the one bad bit of the basket.

8) .85 Caffe' Vergnano 1882 Biscoffee. I don't eat things with caffine in them (allergy) so I can't personally comment on these. High marks from those that ate them though.

9) 1.3oz Amaretto Royale coffee. See 8) above.

10) 1.2oz dark chocolate covered cherries. Who doesn't love these?

11) 1 oz Hazelnut chocolates. Delicious. There are only two so they'll go fast.

12) 1.6oz Honees. These are honey candies. I liked them but my girlfriend thought they tasted like very strong cough drops.

Overall, you get a lot in the basket and aside from the olives (go with a can or fresh instead of these things), it's all quite delicious. I'd definitely recommend this to people who want to give a nice food basket to friends or family.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hard to recommend this from a value standpoint. While the construction and quality is OK the quantity of the product inside the boxes is so small (such as 2 of the hazelnut chocolates) that they come off as free trials more than anything else. If we really breakdown the elements that are fully size you get crackers, wheat thins, bread sticks, salami and olives. None of them are particular stand-outs where you would say 'wow this is amazing'... just pretty standard grocery store mass-market, shelf stable, long dated expiration type products. This is worth about half the price that it is currently selling for.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you're sending this gift basket to a friend in the mail, you'll be pleased to know that the presentation is lovely and it comes well assembled and wrapped so it makes a great first impression as a gift.

As a gift receiver, I'd be thrilled to get this gift basket (the bread sticks and the chocolate straw wafer things were my absolute favorites) but as the gift sender, I might be a little bit disappointed in the price paid. The items in the basket can be pretty easily replicated if you have a Cost Plus or other market in your area that sells imported products, and you can probably get all the items in the basket together for a lower price than what it's sold on here for Amazon.

It probably would have been nicer to include a hard cheese wheel to go with the salami instead of the processed cheese tub that was included, but I've received those cheese tubs in other gift baskets before. My husband, who loves olives, could not eat the stuffed olives that were included in the bagged set. On the other hand, my mom - who doesn't care one way or another about olives, enjoyed the stuffed olives.

In any case, I think that if you're trying to send a last minute gift to a far away friend or acquaintance, this gift basket would be a great option if you don't have the time or resources to put one together yourself. It's more affordable than some other gift basket options I've seen, but gift baskets in general seem to be a bit overpriced to me anyway.
on January 25, 2014
I was so disappointed in this purchase from Amazon that I called to complain about the contents and lack of items for the money.amazon was very helpful.. package looked great until you opened it up and said,,,,,,,,for this amount of money I got this.!!!

Very limited quantity in the 12 small packages,,,,2 pieces of chocolate,etc. A real disgrace
on February 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
While I enjoyed the contents of this basket, I must admit that the current price of almost $60 seems a bit steep to me. The basket contains quite literally "a taste" of some of the items as some of the items only contain two or three pieces. For instance, there are only two chocolate covered cherries and only three hazelnut chocolates. There is a single brewing of coffee that comes in a box that is four times the size of the actual bag of coffee contained therein. There is a tiny box of coffee cookies that contained four very small cookies. And there is a box of Dolcetto dark chocolate pastry cookies that contain only three tiny sticks. Very disappointing.

There were some items that contained what I consider to be a more "normal" amount. For instance, there was a pack of Honees candies. I liked the Honees so much that I bought a whole case. There was a box of garlic crackers that I thoroughly enjoyed. There was a box of olive-oil breadsticks that, at first I thought were just okay, but it turned out that I really liked them. I also liked the thin water wheel crackers.

There is a rosemary herb encrusted salami that is very strong - the jury is still out on that one.

I haven't tried the olives or the cheese spread.

Overall, I liked the basket, but I can't help but think that it is overpriced for what you are receiving - especially with some of the items being so small. If the basket was about $35, I would rate it higher. For $60 you could put together your own basket of goodies that would put this to shame.
on November 23, 2011
This package was so beautifully put together I was very surprised. I bought a mid-priced package hoping it would be ok as a hostess gift and it way overexceed my expectations. And the products inside look delish! ig4U rocks! THANK YOU
on May 15, 2015
Purchased as a present for my mom. She loved it! It came on time, was packaged nice and the food was awesome. Definitely recommend and will buy from them again! thank you! great job!
on August 27, 2015
The basket didn't look as great as the photo. The contents were all there, it just leaves you with an "anti-climactic" feeling...a little let down. Not worth the money.
on December 30, 2011
I was very disappointed when I received the basket as I truly think the contents were not worth the money paid, and I felt the basket quality at least would have been better.