FREE delivery: Wednesday, Dec 14 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
A Taste of Latin America: Culinary Traditions and Classic Recipes from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico & Venezuela Hardcover – October 3, 2017
Enhance your purchase
From the Publisher
It is easy to view Latin America as one homogenous block of nations. All, with the exception of Brazil, speak Spanish. Nearly all were conquered during one of Christopher Columbus’s explorations of the New World. All have benefitted from the influences of immigrants from other nations. Yet each Latin American country is distinct in its own right-particularly where its unique flavors of food are concerned.
A Taste of Latin America is not only a cookbook-although the recipes are flavorsome examples of this region’s incomparable cuisine. It is also a journey through the history and daily lives of the people of Latin America. Come along and experience this world as few ever will. Buen provecho!
Flan de Coco
2 cups sugar
5 eggs 1 cup evaporated milk 1 cup milk 1 can condensed milk pinch of salt 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup fresh coconut, shredded
1. Boil 6 quarts of water in a large pot on the stove. Preheat oven to 325 F. When the water comes to a boil, pour enough into a baking dish to fill it halfway. Transfer the dish to the oven.
2. Heat 1 cup of the sugar in a heavy-bottomed medium-sized skillet on medium-high, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and becomes a medium-dark brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; pour caramelized sugar into a 9-inch round glass pie dish. Swirl dish until sugar evenly coats the bottom. Set aside and let cool.
4. Beat the eggs in a blender. Then add all remaining ingredients, continuing to blend until combined.
5. Pour mixture into caramelized sugar pie dish and set into the hot-water bath in the oven. Bake 45-50 minutes.
6. Let cool at least 6 hours in the refrigerator. Invert onto a serving dish, slice, and garnish with any remaining syrup.
About the Author
- Publisher : Imagine (October 3, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 176 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1623545218
- ISBN-13 : 978-1623545215
- Item Weight : 2 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.25 x 0.75 x 10.26 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #64,180 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is almost as if the layout artist understood that these items are supposed to convey information!!! In contrast, a Caribbean cookbook I got at the same time felt the need to be cool and used some weird sdriptive calligraphy in a limited TOC and some angular kitchy bambbo font. I had trouble with thesee, even with a strong magnifier. The Latin America cookbook even has thick semi-gloss great feeling sturdy pages to go along with the hardback. Built to last! I can be a tough judge, but this book smoothes my feathers and soothes the soul. Nothing but good.