- File Size: 780 KB
- Print Length: 69 pages
- Publisher: Triskele Books (July 20, 2015)
- Publication Date: July 20, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B011L303S8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,763,714 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
A Taste of Triskele: Short Story Collection (with recipes) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I just read Louise Erdrich’s short story in the New Yorker today. I didn’t feel that her inventiveness and descriptions were noticeably better than some of the submissions in this collection. For instance, here’s a description of an afternoon scene from JJ Marsh: “(the) sun illuminated a whole palette of greens in the hedgerows, sparkled off granite rocks and lit celandines, poppies, and cornflowers like scattered sweets.” Or JW Hicks crafting a tantalizing mix of archaic and other-worldly in the dialect of a young girl remembering her lost freedom: “Even tired from dream-frights or shadow-weary with mill labor, I relished walking to and fro.”
If you’re a fan of well-crafted stories, you’ll be happy with these.
The Boy with the Bird is the penultimate story and is a cleverly told urban fairy tale written in the third person from the point of view of Alya, the central character. The collection concludes with The Stone Boat, an intriguing story from JJ Marsh that challenges and teases the reader to puzzle out its many layers of meaning.
A highly accomplished, well crafted and edited short story collection by a group of talented writers. Loosely themed as a taster of the works of the authors, they have included a recipe to go with each story. This reader will be starting with the Ancient Egyptian Honey Cake and the Breton galettes. Five stars and highly recommended.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors