Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Flavor: Channa Masala|Size: 10 Ounce (Pack of 6)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,077 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,339 reviews
on August 3, 2017
My parents have been attempting to get me to try these for a very long time. I shouldn't have "judged a book by its cover". These have an amazing flavor and I would say a mild spice.

We cook them with jalapeño sausage cut into to bite sized pieces,sautéed onion and jalapeño and organic brown rice. Sometimes we add a little cheese over the top as well, that could just be the Wisconsin in me though, haha.

I'm telling you, it's tasty and our whole family approves. Yes all three of our children actually request this!
on July 23, 2017
This Punjab eggplant dish is delicious! I can't get enough of it, really. One packet can feed one to two people with rice, depending upon how hungry you are. It's spicy, but not overly so. The spices are perfectly balanced and the texture is just right. Being able to buy it in volume is greatly appreciated, and the pricing is spot on. All around, I am delighted with this product and the seller.
on July 26, 2017
These have been a savior in college! Huge fan, because it fills you up without needing an additional starch. In 1 minute I have an entire meal, and they can be eaten out of the bag. The best part is their price point. Being gluten free, quick fixes like this normally aren't cheap fixes. It tastes so good too, my roomates were hooked on these.
on November 2, 2016
Not as good as homemade but still tastes good. A decent alternative to homemade. This goes great with pita bread. Key product features include:
Chickpeas slow simmered with onions, tomatoes, and spices
•Microwavable pouch, ready in 60 seconds
•Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free
•No artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives
•Made in India
on April 14, 2015
I bought these Tasty Bite Jodhpur Lentils to keep at the office, along with some pouches of chicken, so that I could have something reasonably healthy on those days when I don't have time for a real lunch break. To my surprise I love them! Seriously. Instead of being my "Meh, at least it's not out of the vending machine" kind of lunch, I actually look forward to these. The ingredients are very simple. Adding chicken, or tuna, ups the protein even more (from 12g for the pouch to >20g), and these are ridiculously low in fat (<5g per pouch). The spices are very mildly curry-ish, not so much that you (or your office) will reek of curry, but pleasantly so. This is my third order, and I've added them to Subscribe & Save because I really do like them...and as a bonus, there's no need for a bowl or plate. The pouch even manages to keep my microwave clean because the sides are high enough to contain any potential spatter matter. Yuup, I'm happy with these.
on February 9, 2015
I've been deviating from my typical non-spicy foods to dishes that are Indian based. As a soy free vegan for years, I've been very happy with the change in quality and variety of prepared foods that I can now find in the grocery stores. However I became gluten free a year ago, and things have definitely gotten more...difficult.

So far I have tried the Bombay potatoes, the Mushroom Masala, and the Chana masala. Tonight it was time for the Punjab eggplant.
I like both the Bombay Potatoes and the Mushroom masala, but I did find that it was a little overwhelming for me, so adding in some organic ketchup (from Annie's) helped to neutralize it a bit. I could not get over the texture of the Chana Masala, it was just hard, almost crunchy and unplesant. I wanted to like it, for the protein, but it is definitely not for me.

Now, on to the Punjab eggplant. Let me preface this by saying I LOVE eggplant. I prefer tender eggplant than big thick slices that aren't usually cooked all the way through. Typically when the pieces are smaller they are cooked better. That was the case for the punjab eggplant. It's definitely soft, and I would have liked a few more chunks to give it the appearance of something a bit heartier. But overall, it was really good. Since it was cooked in a tomato and onion sauce, I did stir in a little tomato sauce to again neutralize some of the flavors I am trying to get used to. Adding in these extra ingredients helps to make the strong Indian spices a bit more subtle. I served it over rice, and shared it with my spouse. Not bad at all for a quick meal on a day when we're both super exhausted and don't feel like preparing something fresh.
on August 5, 2017
Have had better homemade but for something already prepared, it certainly fills the bill. Good, full flavor. Homemade brings spices out more but this still has a strong flavor that I enjoy. I will make a small amount of basmati rice and serve this over it for a good lunch or with other Indian foods for a dinner.
on June 6, 2017
Great office lunch for the cupboard. Definitely recommend a side of rice or naan with it because it's not quite filling enough without it and there's plenty of sauce.
on March 23, 2017
Delicious addition to many meals. It's spicy, but not as spicy as other prepared Indian lentil side dishes. It also contains less fat than most prepared Indian vegetarian meals. The price is at least $1.00-$2.00 lower (per package) depending on whether or not the product is sold at its regular price or on sale.
on July 26, 2015
Makes a great quick and easy lunch on those days you intend to brown bag it. I just pack a ceramic container half full of rice, pour the contents of the TastyBite pouch over top, and microwave for 90 seconds. The chickpeas are the same thing hummus is made from, so this really packs a protein punch to keep you going through the day.

While it is marketed for microwaving in the bag, I do not do this, nor do I recommend microwaving in plastic or styrofoam. I only microwave in glass or ceramic, because I don't want the chemicals leaching into my food from plastics.

Lunch can't be easier, and with Subscribe and Save, it is far cheaper than dining out every day. The only down side to these TastyBite meals in a bag are the sodium content. I don't take these every day, but once in a while is fine.