Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tatung THWP-40 4-Liter Thermo Water Boiler and War..." and save 42% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Tatung THWP-40 4-Liter Thermo Water Boiler and Warmer with Stainless Steel Inner Pot
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2 ways for water dispenser:electric pump and cup push
- 100% full boiling
- 360 rotation base design
- Automatic keep warm function
- stainless steel inner pot easy to clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Stainless Steel Inner Pot, Tinplate Wrap Electronic Cup Dispenser, 360 degree Rotating Base , Re-Heating Function, Visible Water Guage, Night Illuminate Indicator for Water Guage and Manual Cooling Function.
Top customer reviews
Finally, Tatung, a respected Taiwanese brand, gets it. The inner container is all stainless steel, even the inside "cover". The water boils and stays hot in this dispenser---perfect for making tea, instant noodles, rehydrating dried veggies --- i even use it for coffee in my French press.
It has 3 simple buttons, nothing complicated:
1) "DISPENSE" + "UNLOCK" button: safety 'unlock' prevents accidental hot water accidents. Hit 'unlock', then 'dispense'. Standard amongst Asian hot water pots.
2) "TEMP DECLINE" button: A secret function that i LOVE! Hit this to save energy + stop heating, thus bringing the water back to room temp. I use this when i leave the house for work -- why keep water hot for 9+ hours when i'm not home? Saves energy. Just hit "Re-boil" when you come back.
3) "RE-BOIL" button: This will automatically turn on when you refill the pot with fresh water. Or if you just want bring water back to "boiling hot" after it's been sitting for a while. It's pretty fast.
To those who complain about the water not being "hot" enough: you're thinking "boiling hot" as if you could burn yourself. Hey--keeping water at "boiling" levels, for hours and hours, takes an enormous load of energy and is not even necessary. True, it's not "boiling hot", but it's steaming hot enough to brew tea, coffee, and even make soup -- it's perfectly calibrated for everyday use, and will not burn you if accidentally splashed. If you want water that is scalding hot, then use a traditional tea kettle. Besides, if you want it super hot, just hit "re-boil".
It's true that if the water falls to about 2 liters or less, the temperature will be less hot than if it was filled all the way. This just has to do with the law of heat transfer and mass. It'll happen with ANY brand of dispenser -- not just this one. Example: A hot cup of coffee in a huge pot will reach temperature equilibrium faster than if the pot was full. To sum it up? Keep this dispenser filled to the top as much as possible. Or just hit "Re-Boil".
Overall, I am more than thrilled with this purchase. As huge tea drinkers, my family goes through at least 3 liters a day! The size is perfect for my small kitchen without taking up counter space. The top portion easily detaches, so you can put the unit under a faucet for easy filling.
Upon first use, there was a plastic smell which emanated from the unit, basically a sort of "clearing out" of factory odors. After that first batch, it completely disappeared.
It looks very well made. Pretty and cute looking. The motor of dispenser is strong. The lock function works for home with small kids. The water level gauge is clear.
Other reviews says that the body is hot. It is the case. I think the design can be improved by doing better job on insulation. Another review complains the temperture at the "warm" stage. Yes, it is not hot enough to cook instant noodle but it is good for tea brewing.
The water did taste plastic smell for the first week and it went away after that. I damped the water during that time period.
Overall, I love this little pot.
Most recent customer reviews
Update after 6 months of use:
The unit is running well and quiet. This is things I like about this unit: