Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tax Loopholes for eBay Sellers: Pay Less Tax and Make More Money
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 14, 2006
Even if you don't have an Ebay business, this book is so informative for those of us who just don't understand the behind-the-business scene. My husband and I have had a business for years and FINALLY, I now understand what the heck an "S" corporation is and why we have one, as opposed to the "c" corp that we used to have. I HIGHLY recommend this book to ANYONE starting a small business, whether its Ebay or not. Thanks to the authors for putting it in plain English.
on November 2, 2006
As a new e-bay store owner, I was in need of some tax advice. This book gave me everything I needed to know about owning a small business on e-bay. I read it cover to cover the first time and still often refer to it. Highly recommended to anyone who may not know how tax laws work for e-bay sellers.
on February 22, 2007
For a large volume eBay seller this is a vauable resource. For the more casual seller who sells occasionally or has a smaller volume of sales it is probably not necessary. It is well organized and it is easy to find the tax topic you wish to address.
on August 25, 2006
Very useful for online sellers and anyone getting some kind of income from casual ebay sales or any other comparable site. Lots of money saving tax tips.
on May 21, 2010
If there were a way to give this book 0 stars I would. First, the criticism in the other current 1 star review is legitimate, so read it. I expect a 2005 tax book to be dated, & I am used to buying books with companion websites. This book takes that to the extreme. A huge amount of the material which should be in the book was linked on a companion website. I say was, because the website no longer exists. The publisher & Amazon have no business continuing to sell the book under these circumstances, & the author should either be supporting it or pushing to have it pulled off the shelves. It is a complete ripoff, & at this point even the used prices are too high.

In addition, the formatting for the kindle version is terrible. The sidebars are apparently formatted as images so they do not text wrap correctly & you keep having to change font size; & many of the charts & table are illegible even in the computer versions of the kindle reader. (You also can't print out of the kindle reader app, which exacerbates the problem of the phantom website.)

It is too bad that the author is not supporting or updating this book. It is needed. At this point for tax info on ebay, see: "My Tax Tutor for eBay Sellers: What every eBay seller should know about their taxes," a self published effort by accountant Joni Becker. It is concise & worthwhile, even if the formatting is a bit off here & there. There is also a listing for another book coming out in June 2010 if you search "ebay Taxes."
on February 21, 2013
PLEASE write an updated version. It is so informative, I had to read small bits at a time to keep my head from spinning, which is good! However, as I was reading, I was growing more angry by the page and was close to calling my tax preparer to give her a piece of my mind! She did ALL the wrong things condisering it was my first year selling on ebay..she showed no loss and I ended up paying thousands to the IRS. Sickening thing is, her attorney brother was right across the hall and could have set me up as an LLC, instead she used the sole propietorship status. Then she suggested this year, I file as a partnership with my son... Whew.. Thanks to this book, I am no longer using the tax preparer I used last tax year!
on February 23, 2006
This is not only a good book to read, it also has a lot of very helpful tax information in it. I currently have a brick and mortar business that I plan on expanding into an E-Bay business and I feel that the Tax Loopholes book is very helpful, even for the brick and mortar business.
on May 16, 2007
This book is THE book to get if you have any questions about setting up an eBay business. It doesn't matter if you're doing your business full-time, part-time, or just every now and then - this book is chock full of great ideas on how to set it up. The section on setting up your financial books is worth the price alone! Tax loopholes are made for business owners and you are only cheating yourself by not taking advantage of them. Stop reading this review and order the book NOW!
on January 23, 2008
I've read nearly every book there is pertaining to online selling, marketing, taxes, blogging, search engines, etc. and this book is the best one above all.

If you are selling online, and you are not claiming the deductions that you are legally entitled to, either because you don't know they exist or because you don't want to claim your income, you obviously have no idea what you are missing out on! (I know, I know - you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition) You are FAR better off claiming your income and taking the deductions!

We have been selling bluing services and items on commission on eBay for several years. We cannot say enough about this book. It is very easy to read and well written to allow ease in referencing information later.

Go ahead! Spend the few dollars! It will be well worth it and - you can write it off!

Jennifer Smith
[...]
on December 1, 2013
There are enough *hoops* to jump through when you sell on ebay, and it's so helpful to discover that there are *also* loopholes to take advantage of. Clear, easy to read. Don't invest another DIME in your business until you've purchased and read this gem.