Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on May 18, 2016
I learned a lot from this book and highly recommend it for anyone who's puzzled by taxes. It's an easy read that put everything in very simple terms, which I needed. I had never heard of 'above the line' and 'below the line' deductions, which are important to know. After reading this book you'll be better prepared for either doing your own taxes or quizzing your accountant about what he/she is doing. I wish I'd read this years ago.
on July 25, 2009
I teach Tax Accounting at a community college and find the material in our textbook very challenging for the students. I recently came across Mike Piper's series of small books, including "Taxes Made Simple." It's absolutely fantastic - short, easy to read, covers the main areas of concern and it's timely. It's so good, I'm buying a copy for each student and it will be their first reading assignment this coming Fall semester. It really makes taxes approachable and that's just what we need at the community college level. Great job, Mr. Piper.
on April 8, 2017
I wish i had reqd this book the year I started filing my taxes...very very useful book. Helps u understand whats what of taxes at a high level. Even ifu use a tax advisor u got to reqd this book to know what questions to ask him. Must read subject for all tax filers...
on May 7, 2015
Not being from the US, the tax code is different to all we knew from before. This book explains in simple way the most important sections, concepts and definitions one need to know to understand the file return. After reading the book at first I though I could even do the next return myself, then realized there is still so many details that I need to master but definitively gave me enough to know what is making a difference and what is not in my return, and which areas I need to concentrate in the future.
Simple, under 100 pages, concise but full of good info for those that struggle understanding the basics of your tax return.
on March 24, 2017
Good book that covered the basics. Was very helpful. If you are looking for an extremely detailed book covering every tax law, go elsewhere. However, this book was fine for me.
on April 17, 2017
Concise introduction. Would love for author to come up with more distribution related stuff like K1s etc. Can learn too much about Taxes!!
on March 11, 2017
Does what it says. Great book for the tax clueless. Good book to get your foot in the tax door.
on May 30, 2012
Taxes Made Simple is fairly straightforward and comprehensive, and can be finished within one or two days. The overall material is explained in a simple fashion; however, if you initially did not have any knowledge about taxes at all (like I for example), this book may still not have all the answers to your questions.

I recommend this book to people who already generally know a good deal about taxes but could certainly use a quick refresher on some of the basic concepts and options. Although not the most detailed, Mike Piper explains the material in a clear and concise way. I would definitely purchase his other books to gain additional insight on other fields. I suppose that complete learning and true understanding, however, requires hands-on practice and tactile experience.
on March 30, 2017
Provides a nice overview of taxes.
on March 3, 2017