Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

This works well - so far as I know - lol. It has been really helpful in realizing how long I need to preheat my oven, since the oven would register 350 long before this did. Now I know to wait at least 30 minutes, just like most bakers recommend. It's nice because you can either clip it in the front, or it stands by itself if you want to put it in the back of the oven.
on February 5, 2016
I knew my new Viking stove was off. The repairman that Viking sent (after I made him) found the oven was off by 75 degrees. Needed a new thermostat. He brought a mercury thermometer because he said they are more accurate. So I purchased this and it is right on and so is my oven. Good price too.
on March 13, 2017
Finally a thermometer which doesn't fall off the bottom of the rack every time I look at it. It seems consistent with preset temperatures.
on February 21, 2016
This thermometer has too many defects to recommend it. I never washed the thermometer and had it under a year when the markings became unreadable. Also the red liquid separated so many times. I contacted customer service and was told to "shake it as if you were throwing a baseball" or "put it in the freezer" and none of these suggestions worked to join the liquid. Sure, it wasn't very expensive but if it has this many problems and ends up not working then like ma always said, it's like throwing money out the window.
on February 27, 2015
Big, easy to read numbers, has really helped me nail down the accuracy of my oven. I give 4 stars instead of 5, because i cant really utilize the hanging feature. i have to let this thermometer sit on the oven racks, (has little angled feet to accommodate this,) because when its hanging down, i cant read the level in the glass tube. i have to look at it straight on in order to clearly see it, and i do that when it hangs vertically unless i squat low. So i leave it on its feet, and unless i put two pans side by side, this does not impede my rack space. This would not be an issue in an oven that is mounted at waist level, not like a conventional range/oven.
on November 29, 2015
I wanted to check my new oven's calibration because I am a dedicated baker. I bought this thermometer for that purpose. I put the thermometer in the oven, set the oven's controls to 400F and waited 40+ mins. The thermometer read 475F. The oven did not feel that hot. I baked a simple recipe I know well, and it came out fine. So I figure my oven is decently calibrated, but how accurate it is, I still don't know. I called an appliance handyman, and he said not to bother with cheap thermometers. I've decided to try out the Chef Alarm thermometer.
on June 1, 2015
After buying the coil and dial type of thermometer it dawned on me to take
the advice of a previous poster and bought this and used his method of adjustment .
To calibrate is a no brainer when you realize the simplicity of boiling water (212*) and
stick the Taylor into it. To adjust to correct temp merely ----> Carefully <---- move the glass
tube plus or minus (up or down) until your Taylor when stuck into the boiling (212*) water reads 212*.
Come to find our new Whirlpool is right on with the temperature. Prolly won't use it again. But
now I'm ready for the next oven...
on March 30, 2017
A very accurate thermometer that we are so comfortable with, improve our oven setting control and give us accurate baking every time.
on August 29, 2015
If you're looking for an oven thermometer, this is the one you want. Don't trust the circular dial-style meters as their often inaccurate by up to 10 degrees. Every oven needs an independent, hanging glass thermometer to show them how badly calibrated their oven actually is.
on September 5, 2008
When the thermometer arrived, the glass tube slid freely in the metal frame, making calibration useless. Amazon's supplier said they'd replace it, and since it was fairly inexpensive, don't bother returning it. I threw it away.

The replacement arrived and was much better, and quite accurate, but within 2-3 months in the oven the metal darkened so much (not spattered food, just dark metal), that the black numbers became almost impossible to read - and invisible through the oven door. I don't really use the oven that much, especially in the summer - which is now. Maybe once a week, and I'm not making pizza at 550 F, and it's not a self-cleaning oven either. Then I get a message from Amazon that since they never got a return of the first one they would now charge me for the second. Deep sigh - it's only $12, I tell myself, WTF.

Then today, I pick the thermometer up (the only way to read it) with gloves, from my preheated oven and the fluid that is supposed to indicate the temperature is spread throughout the tube like a freakin' bar code. Totally useless, and it won't shake down like a fever thermometer. Second one in the trash. I will NOT buy a third.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.