BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on October 8, 2012
I purchased one Taylor unit and found it lacking in calibration as the base sensor and remote sensor disagreed with each other by 4%. The actual humidity readings were off by 20% from my previous in-house standards. It was hard to read, numbers were too close in brightness to the background scale.

I sent this one back and you nicely sent me another unit. (The person I corresponded with via e-mails was extremely courteous and helpful.) The second one was just as bad. Back it went.

I purchased another Taylor unit, an upgrade (more money) than the unit above. This set had the same problems as the two above AND some of the number segments did not function on the base station. Back it went also.

I have communicated with the Taylor manufacturer and they are slow to respond (by many many days) and also their responses are not on point and ineffectual.

I later purchased a La Crosse Technology set from Amazon and it performed quite well, base sensor and remote sensor agreed with each other (within 1/2%). Data screen was MUCH easier to read (contrast was wonderful). The humidity sensors (both base and remote) stabilized much more quickly than any of the above Taylor instruments.

After this, I went to the La Crosse website and purchased an upgrade the the immediate above. It also is working GREAT and I am currently using both sets.

If you want my recommendation, I would dump the Taylor instrument group and settle on La Crosse Technology.

I write this on my basis as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for a major computer company (at least it WAS) and my current position as the owner of a small business selling industrial static control products. You may check out my bona fides at [...] .

I DO appreciate the manner in which you treat your on-line customer.

Sincere Best Regards: Scott Carpenter
on September 3, 2013
I usually love Taylor products, but there were so many problems with the equipment in the package, it was unreal. The remote display never activated, and the Console wouldn't allow proper date/time set-up. I've had other Taylor products with no problem, so I don't know the problem with the system shipped to me. I bought a different brand product, and had no problems!
on May 4, 2015
I needed a reliable remote temperature sensor wireless transmitter for my greenhouse. So far the Taylor 1528 has done a great job.
on June 21, 2015
more than I expected. very happy
on December 25, 2014
We hooked it up and it was everything we expected it to be!
on November 22, 2014
Wonderful instrument.
on May 17, 2009
I have a couple of atomic clocks, but this one isn't able to recieve the signal. I even put it next to another atomic clock and it still didn't get a signal, so this isn't a matter of placement. Save your money.
on November 17, 2009
I was thrown off a bit by the description. I thought this item had a larger display than it does. Also, the LCD display isn't very crisp -- kinda gray, actually.
on June 28, 2014
does not keep a vary accurate temp
on July 20, 2011
This inexpensive Taylor weather station does everything one would want. It's a simple set-up and the wireless transmitter works well