Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 154 reviews
on August 21, 2015
Ok, this is the second Taylor timer I have owned. My toddler got ahold of my first one and worked it over real well and lost the back and it kept going....it finally gave up the ghost recently after working well for nearly a decade, so I thought I'd buy another one. This one was cheaper than my first dual timer model so I don't expect it to go as long, but from the reviews, I thought they were pretty much the same. Not. This timer seems to work fine, I've had no problem with that. So I did not rate it poorly, but they could be more clear with what features it can perform. It does sit nicely on the desk without tipping over. Like the old model, the magnet is uselessly too light duty to hold it--put it somewhere safe away from little kids. It goes without saying people, don't drop it or it won't work. It is electronic. There are, however, two things I want to mention and clarify from other reviews: 1) As compared to my old model, this timer does NOT do half minutes (seconds). When people are asking if it counts seconds--yes, it "does" but it does not allow you add them...only FULL minutes. You can get by with setting a minute and a half by putting in two minutes and letting it count down to a minute and a half and pushing the stop button and then push start when you are ready to time a minute and a half. If you are a teacher doing speed drills, this may frustrate you. If I'd known this, I would have weighed this negative point with how badly I desired the dual timer feature! 2) The second point is that saying that this timer will count "up" is not the full story! Oh, this is so annoying! Sure, it will count up but it beeps continually while it does it and if you hit stop, it stops....and if you hit start again it does nothing. My old timer would continue to count up silently unless you pushed stop a second time. The ability to count "up" silently can be a seriously useful feature in timed readings. Again, if you are a teacher wanting it for these features, I would keep looking. I'm unhappy with my purchase selection and would have gladly paid a whole lot more for the features of the older version. This timer will work just fine for happy bakers and may get demoted to my kitchen. :)
on July 17, 2015
Using this inside a library to keep track of two rooms being used. Worked fine for a month or two, then the Timer 1 button got stuck EVERY time you push it in--needed a small flathead screwdriver to loosen it. If you are on timer 2 and need to switch back to timer 1 while the alarm is going off, you frantically need to find the screwdriver to disable the alarm. The magnet is weak, as reported. Today it started to do the opposite of what it was designed to do--instead of the alarm going off once the countdown was over, it now sounds off as soon as you start the countdown, and stops when its done. That being said, its broken now, and I will not purchase another of the same model to replace it.
on November 11, 2015
If I had been able to use this timer before purchasing, I would not have bought it.
It's OK. Probably made well enough. Probably will work for years.
The problem is in the button functions. It cumbersome and difficult to set, stop, and reset. It doesn't remember previous time. You have to reset it every time. Not good. To clear, you have to hold down 2 buttons at once. Awful.
The magnet is crap. I glued it to the counter top so I could use it.
It's a 3 star item at best.
on December 11, 2015
I'm on my second one of these timer/clocks. It is unobtrusive enough for me to keep it on the end table by my chair in the living room. It can be used as a small clock with a date feature. I like that I can have 2 timers going at once. It is useful to time cooking, laundry, and a variety of other tasks. I have found it easy to set for both the clock/date face and for the timers. The first of these timers that I bought served me well for several years but eventually the start/stop/enter button began to stick, making it difficult to control the timers. I had been happy with it and thought it lasted long enough to be worth replacing it with another of the same item.
The new timer has the same features that pleased me in the first timer, so I hope it will last as well. There are a couple of issues with the new timer but neither interfere with functionality. 1) It is not white but a faint lavender color. Lavender? Really? Fortunately the color is faint and can just about be ignored. 2) It has a fitting on the back that creates a stand for using on a table, as I do. Unfortunately, one side of this fitting arrived broken. Fortunately, the stand feature still works without issue.
In balance, if this timer lasts as well as the first one, I'll remain content to replace these little gems every few years.
on April 23, 2017
I have pretty much eliminated the need for timers using my iPhone. But in the kitchen I very often need to run two timers simultaneously. And that you can't do with a phone. Very easy to use and stood up well to rigors of kitchen use which included being dropped untold times. This is the second one of these timers we bought. Our first one lasted about 7-8 years.
on January 6, 2013
This is to replace a Sunbeam dual timer that is no longer made. It is easy to accidentally dislodge the Taylor 5828 Dual Event Timer from magnetic mounting unless you use two hands -- one to push the buttons and the other to steady the timer.

Timer would be better if it had a memory for last timed event, but this model is not programmable, except by manually setting after display cleared.

Once time has expired, stop alarm, zero out timer (by pushing Hr + Min buttons simultaneously), THEN reset to next anticipated time. I like to use 00:04 (hh:mm) for the top display and 00:10 for the bottom one. That way it is ready to go for the next event. Works fine.

BTW, timer also resets when you knock it onto the floor. Wouldn't recommend that as your routine! LOL.
on February 27, 2017
It does what it says on the tin, and for the price, you can't complain...although I do have some clarifications that I wish I had known prior to purchase:

1 - it does have a clock mode, but there is no option to view the time on one timer display and use the other timer display for the timer. It's either all clock or all timer, although you can switch manually between the two while both timers are working
2 - there is no count up timer! While the countdown timer does start to count up once it reaches zero, there is no way to simply use it as a count up timer.
3 - There is a second display, but no way to set seconds on the timer. Not an issue for me, but might be for others.
on July 14, 2014
Loved the idea of this timer, but you can't push the buttons while it's stuck to the fridge or it just tilts, becomes imbalanced and falls off the fridge. My kids did this twice and on the second fall it just stopped working. I understand they dropped it but I would have hoped that a kitchen timer would either be a) a little more robust than that, or b) would be able to be used while stuck to something with it's magnet without fear of falling.

UPDATE Aug 25, 2014:
Well, the company unexpectedly reached out to me after my review and is sending both a replacement for the broken timer, and one that they say is better designed to be used while magnetically attached to the fridge, the 5820. Moving my review from 2 stars to 3 just for the amazing customer service. Will update again after I receive the new ones and see if we have better success with them. It's nice to be surprised these days with such proactive great service. Wow.
on April 6, 2016
Bought this timer (Taylor Precision Products Dual Event Timer) in March 2015.

Nice little inexpensive timer, would give it 4 stars when it worked but in broke in 2 months. But if you are looking for a small clock this gets a 5++ stars. (I gave it 2 stars instead of one because of this.) It now sits on a shelf in my bathroom, gives me the time and the date. The big numbers are easy to see and it's easy to adjust the clock or date if you want and fits in with my decor.

Too bad about the timer. By the way, if it had worked, I would have given it 4 stars and not 5, because it was too awkward to set when on the frig, you have to remove it to set it.
on September 7, 2014
This is replacing my old timer that worked just fine until it was time to ring. When I had burned more than enough food, I ordered the Taylor dual event timer. Compact and unobtrusive. Blends in with my kitchen decor. Magnet is not terribly strong, but it keeps the timer attached to my fridge. Like how it can stand up on Kitchen counter. Can time 2 things at once--and it actually rings! Great little product at a great price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.