Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 14, 2014
Loved the idea of this timer, but you can't push the buttons while it's stuck to the fridge or it just tilts, becomes imbalanced and falls off the fridge. My kids did this twice and on the second fall it just stopped working. I understand they dropped it but I would have hoped that a kitchen timer would either be a) a little more robust than that, or b) would be able to be used while stuck to something with it's magnet without fear of falling.

UPDATE Aug 25, 2014:
Well, the company unexpectedly reached out to me after my review and is sending both a replacement for the broken timer, and one that they say is better designed to be used while magnetically attached to the fridge, the 5820. Moving my review from 2 stars to 3 just for the amazing customer service. Will update again after I receive the new ones and see if we have better success with them. It's nice to be surprised these days with such proactive great service. Wow.
on April 6, 2016
Bought this timer (Taylor Precision Products Dual Event Timer) in March 2015.

Nice little inexpensive timer, would give it 4 stars when it worked but in broke in 2 months. But if you are looking for a small clock this gets a 5++ stars. (I gave it 2 stars instead of one because of this.) It now sits on a shelf in my bathroom, gives me the time and the date. The big numbers are easy to see and it's easy to adjust the clock or date if you want and fits in with my decor.

Too bad about the timer. By the way, if it had worked, I would have given it 4 stars and not 5, because it was too awkward to set when on the frig, you have to remove it to set it.
on June 17, 2017
Very disappointed. Buttons a little hard to push. You have to move a little switch on the back to change the mode and it's tricky because so small. The description does NOT state this fact. Magnet undersized and clip is nearly worthless. I had a different Taylor product previously, and it worked *so* much better. I thought this was a comparable replacement but it is so difficult to use. Once you go through the hassle, it does work as a timer and clock.
on February 14, 2017
Update: Was great for a few weeks, then nothing. It just stopped working altogether

Original: Works as described. Great for doing multi time -dependent things at once
on July 2, 2017
Very nice piece for the kitchen. I dropped my old one and it broke... I like that we can do 2 settings on this..It's loud enough for me to hear it ring wherever I am in our house. I recommend this product!
on July 31, 2013
Every couple of years my timer dies and I have to find a replacement. Unfortunately, the same model is never available, so I take a shot in the dark and buy something I'm not familiar with. I use my timer for watering the garden, keeping tabs on laundry in the basement, cooking and whatever else I don't want to forget. On the plus side, this timer is loud enough to alert me in another room and the alarm lasts long enough to catch my attention. I like the function of two separate events. On the negative side, there are no presets or repeat times. The clock and date functions are unnecessary and when the unit is bumped they blank out along with the timer. The stand is flimsy and the magnet too weak. The final question will be how long it will last. I took a chance with this timer because compared to other choices the price was okay with free shipping.

Less than a year after purchase the buttons on this timer have become a problem, intermittently malfunctioning. I'm disappointed at the short lifespan of this product.
on November 17, 2015
Pros:
Two timers
Hours and minutes

Cons:
Build quality is cheap
Magnets aren't in good location as it takes two hands to push buttons and keep from falling off
Did I mention build quality?
3 helpful votes
on April 23, 2017
Absolute junk. The timer only worked once and will not clear or reset. It's stuck and can only be used as a clock now. The clip on the back is awkward and it won't stay on your fridge if you try to press the buttons. Don't use this if you have a stainless fridge or the sliding could scratch the finish.
on January 20, 2014
I needed a dual-event timer with clock to replace one that I had used for a long time, and this timer fits the bill for me.

There's a little switch on the back that allows me to toggle between the timer and the clock. It's very easy to set, and the sound is loud enough for me to hear when I'm out of the room. It stands upright, but also has a magnet and clip on the back.

The price was great for a dual-event timer with a clock, and I'm very happy with it. Now if it will just last for as many years as my last one did, I'll be a very happy camper.
on February 2, 2017
I like to use timers for morning wake ups, so the longer setting timer was what I was needing & this fits my needs. tI also does a count down, so you know how long passed the alarm it has been since it went off. Also has a clock & date - I like that too. Just a nice extra. Great price too. This is the second one I've bought this year.