Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Size: 100ml after shave|Change

VINE VOICEon April 27, 2013
I've never been much for wearing aftershave mostly because it is often too strongly scented. But Taylor of Old Bond Street sandalwood shaving cream has such a great scent to it that I was anxious to try their aftershave product. As others have pointed out, this aftershave does not have the identical scent of their sandalwood shaving cream, but the scent is very complimentary. It is not overpowering and leaves you smelling barbershop fresh every time you shave. The scent seems to hold up all day long. This is not the aftershave to use if you want people to smell you from across the room. But if you like the scent of sandalwood shaving cream and want someone to notice how great you smell when they are up close you will be very pleased with this product. And compared with the cost of my wife's perfume this aftershave is very reasonable in price.

6/18/13 update:

Up until recently I was using Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3-Ounce and not their hard soap sandalwood product. I recently purchased Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Soap in a Wooden Bowl, 3.5 oz.. This is their hard soap product and not a soft creamy soap like the other product. The scent of the hard soap sandalwood product very closely matches the scent of this aftershave. The aftershave is nice after using either one, but anyone using the sandalwood hard soap will find this aftershave is a near perfect match in scent.
on February 7, 2009
I'd give this aftershave 5 stars, but it's rather pricey in my opinion. However it has a lovely, subtle, almost sweet sandalwood scent to it. Absolutely fabulous, if you don't mind spending the money. Note that you don't need much, so even a small bottle will last you for years.
on September 2, 2011
I can't stress this enough this is a WINTER or COLD weather scent. IF YOU LIVE IN!! say Las Vegas STAY AWAY!! This should be a winter full clothing scent will be disgusting in hot weather. If you want an elegant warm weather aftershave from Taylor go for the st. james collection good summer scent. This aftershave should be layered with taylors sandalwood cologne WITH A ATOMIZER!!! there colognes are also designed for a after market atomizer THEY DO NOT USE THE WORD SPLASH FOR THERE COLOGNES!!!!!. But back to this product the aftershave, I get pretty heated when some of the reviews for this after shave say it's like a cologne because it's anything but a cologne. There's no holding power to this aftershave BUT it's doing what it was made to taylor designed this to be layered. It's cooling effect, tightening of the pores, and its smoothing effect are 2nd to none. Almost as if somebody slapped you in the face with invisible baby powder that smelled like well sandalwood. The scent of sandalwood is not there when you apply it smells something like Burberry very strong and run of the mill when you just smell it from the bottle then begins one of the most interesting transformations a fragrance has ever embarked on! The top notes stay for maybe a few moments like 2 or 3 minutes if that. This would include geranium and lavender. Funny thing is the scent that you get from the bottle open Doesn't have it either!! It comes maybe 10 seconds after apply then fades about 3mins in. After its gone comes the real scent that this fragrance is all about. Like I said it's a cold winter scent so everything the top notes were resting on come out and that is WOOD!!! This is were SANDALWOOD vetivert with powdery musk come out. It smells EXACTLY like this, FRESH OUT THE SHOWER almost soapy type smell witch is good. Will not cover up a fart lol. Although this is were I take back it's holding power. It will not carry in a room if not layered you will not notice it unless you sweat. Though!!! your women,lady,wife,Girfriend will defiantly smell it from a inch or 2 away. Thats what a aftershave is!! and Taylor of old bond street nailed it. You want to fill a space of about 1 or 2 feet. LAYER IT!! The good thing is you can never over amp somebody with this stuff unless you pour the hole bottle on you like an idiot. You really don't want to announce yourself with a cologne. You want it to be a 1 to 2 feet thing nothing more BUT LAST. When layerd correctly this scent will last all day in fact i can still smell it on a shirt I was wearing 3days ago BUT i cant smell it when it on the other side of the room or a few feet away. This is why this is a five star product and this is why I like this scent for a all the time cold weather scent. Very strong when it goes on but takes 3mins to smooth out into a clean manly scent.

I live in Sacramento CA, so in the summer it's 95 plus. I do not use this stuff then. I go with ST James as it's more fruityer. Though has the same type of apply and cooling effect after a shave. I start using this in around october and stop in march or even early to mid April. Kinda stupid to say but being a big sports fan I start putting it on around the start of the NFL season and stop around the start of the MLB season. SO there you go!
99 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2014
I absolutely love the smell of the soap and shaving soap. That's why I purchased the aftershave. I tend to prefer aftershaves, over colognes, because they are less overpowering. The guys review that said this aftershave, was subtle and has no staying power, has got to be kidding! A couple of little dabs of this stuff, and you could smell me across the room for three days, if I didn't take a shower! The fragrance is nice, but way to powerful. I would hate to imagine how long the cologne lasts! Anyway, that's why I only gave this product three stars, because it is way to strong. The bath soap, and shaving soap are excellent, and are really are all you need for the day.
on January 31, 2014
Great scent, but with enough other overtones to not smell like a pure sandalwood product. Do not buy this product thinking it will be a close match to the (excellent) Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving soap and shaving cream. This has a fairly strong fragrance when first applied, but fades to a pleasant "background" smell after an hour or so. With the price of the product (not cheap), and the initial level of fragrance, this IS NOT one to splash on lavishly. It should be used as a cologne, in my view. For that purpose, it is excellent. I will definitely rebuy, but the bottle will last a long time, used the way that I am using it.
on January 24, 2013
I really like this product. The smell is robust and doesn't smell frilly. If you're wondering how much this is, it's 100ml which is about the size of a bar of hotel soap. The bottle has a drip opening so it's meant to be shaken into your hands then wiped on your face. Try not to shake too vigorously or you'll end up with an overpowering amount on your face. It definitely burns my skin, but that lets me know it's working.

The only reason I can't keep it is because my wife can't stand the smell. So into the donation box it goes. As a follow-on I've ordered a TOBS sample pack from another site. Do a web search for Taylors of Old Bond Street Sample Kit and find a product that works for you. Hopefully something in that sample kit will win points with my wife.

If you purchase this through the Amazon seller "FGP" buyer beware they charge a 15% restocking fee that is not easily discernable.
on November 17, 2013
I am fast becoming an old man and have probably used every aftershave made. Now, I use Old Bond Sandalwood and all the little old ladies want to know what aftershave I have on. If only I had found this aftershave 30 years ago.
on December 9, 2013
TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave is a natural addition to the Sandalwood products. The aftershave subtlety compliments the cologne and lingers without being overbearing. This is one of my favorites combined with the shower gel, shave soap and cologne; not to mention the Sandalwood talc here and there. TOBS Sandalwood aftershave is an excellent choice for a dressy evening, or if you just want to feel like cut above all the Drakar, Usher and Hugo's out there. Pick up a bottle and feel like a true Gentleman.
on September 2, 2013
This aftershave is very soothing, and I love the smell of it. If I didn't have to worry about the people around me, I'd practically bathe in the stuff. However, its smell is very strong compared to every other aftershave I've tried, so I have to be very careful about how much I put on unless I want all of my coworkers to say, "Dude, you smell like my dad."
on March 6, 2014
This stuff is amazing, especially when paired with the TOBS sandalwood deodorant. It doesn't seem to have much alcohol which means it doesn't dry the skin out or sting when applied after a good shave. I'd definitely have to recommend this stuff.