Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2011
Much more accurate than test strips. I use this kit for both my pool and hot tub.

While you're at it, ween yourself from all those pool chemicals.... all you really need to keep you pool sparkling clear, balanced and sanitized is 1)regular household bleach (6% liquid chlorine), 2) baking soda for total alkalinity (google the chemical name of your total alkalinity product and you'll be surprised to find out it's simply baking soda), 3) Prestone Driveway Heat (almost 100% calcium chloride aka Tums antacid haha) for calcium, and 4) muriatic acid from Home Depot for PH down.

I've owned a pool for 2 years now and those are the only chemicals I've ever used. Not 1 algae bloom and my filters can go forever between cleanings. Yes, liquid chlorine bleach requires that you actually test your pool a few times a week and physically add chlorine yourself, rather than throwing a chlorine puck in and wondering why you have to keep buying various pool products to fix "this problem and then that problem."
66 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2015
The kit comes with everything I need to monitor my pool. Easy to follow instructions. Well worth the cost of the set which comes in a sturdy, easy to use container. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to maintain their own pool or who wants to double-check their pool service.
on June 26, 2017
This is a good basic pool or spa testing kit. Easy to use for daily water testing.
on November 23, 2010
Bought this to test my spa water. Way more test than I really need. I use bromine and the test does measure total bromine, but not free bromine as it does free Cl. PH is measured using simple acid/base indicator and includes acid and base drops to calculate acid/base demand and has charts to add the right amount of acid/base based on calculations.

I add that I am red/green colorblind and cannot read strips real well, but this kit does contain a water chamber with red shades. Although I am colorblind, I can differentiate the difference in shades and still yield an accurate result.

I would have been happy with a kit that just tested CL/BR, PH, and total Alk.
on August 22, 2011
There is no better or more accurate way of testing water on the market. I understand why some say that you have to be a chemist, and I've always hated chemistry but when I just took a little time with some web searches about water hardness, pool stablizer, acid demand, free chlorine and total chlorine etc... And what they mean, this test kit became totally clear to be. I have an autistic child that doesn't understand that you shouldn't put the water in his mouth and such and these Taylor test kits have helped me to have water that people marvel over. I have had a large swiming pool for well over 40 years and was shocked at how much I didn't know about pool water when I purchased my first Taylor test kit. I have another, more comprehensive Taylor test coming from Amazon right now. And from my heart I will say that I will never ever be without one.
on May 25, 2015
Comes with everything you need to check your water. Some people complain it's difficult, but if you read the directions, anyone can do it.
on October 30, 2013
I bought this test kit after we had our pool re-plastered about 1 1/2 years ago. It is easy to use and tests for all the main elements of the water. I test the water about every 7 to 10 days and the test supplies are only about half used up. Taylor makes a good product.
on June 6, 2011
Test strips were not giving me accurate enough info for my spa. This kit gives me every test I might need, and a much more accurate reading. I also like the fact that Taylor is a big enough company that I will be able to find refills when I need them. My only complaint is that the plastic case is difficult to snap shut.
on November 4, 2011
If you have a hot tub ditch the strips (you can't get a good reading)and get an accurate reading with this kit. I used test strips for 2 years and never felt like I could get a good reading. I believe my heater rotted out after only 16 months because of incorrect ph and alkalinity. Now that I use the K-1005 kit I know my readings are accurate. The Taylor K-1005 is just like the kit my local pool store uses to test water. This product is great.
on February 15, 2011
Exactly what I needed to keep a sharp eye on the chemicals in my hot tub. Use the test strips as well, but this will let you really dial in what the chemical composition of the water is. Had to switch from Bromine to Chlorine, so I wanted to make sure I had everything under tight control. This does the job perfectly. If you care about your hot tub water, this will let you do a complete job for your home hot tub.