TaylorMade Golf Prior Generation (2017) Spider Putters
|Price:||$208.96 - $648.95|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Head Design: Modern Mallet
- Head Weight: 360 grams
- Loft: 2.5 degrees
- Lie Angle: 70 degrees
- Toe Hang: Face Balanced
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum PutterSleek Design, Tour-Proven RollThe TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum putter was designed to give golfers the ultimate in stability and forgiveness at impact, which has been accomplished in a couple of ways. Most notably, perimeter weighting helps improve performance on mis-hits, while TaylorMadeaTMs proprietary Pure Roll insert combines 45-degree grooves and soft polymer to create incredible feel and topspin, the latter of which gets the ball rolling more quickly for improved distance and speed control. The Spider Tour Platinum also features a long alignment line on the top of the putter to help people get the ball started on the correct line, and its face-balanced design will work best for players who use a straight back, straight through putting stroke or those who have minimal arc in their stroke.TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum Putter features: * Head Design: Modern Mallet * Head Weight: 360 grams * Loft: 2.5 degrees * Lie Angle: 70 degrees * Toe Hang: Face Balanced * Offset: Half shaft * Length options: 34, 35 inches * Grip: SuperStroke GT 2.0 * Pure Roll insert delivers soft feel and more topspin, which reduces skidding * Perimeter weighting delivers more stability and forgiveness at impact * Single top-center sightline makes it easier for players to align properly * Available in right- and left-handed models * Includes headcover
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Design - The tour putters are either solid red or solid black, and they don't have an alignment line on them (this one does).
2. Face balanced - This putter is face balanced, which is for people with a "straight back and through" putting stroke. The tour versions have a "toe hang" balance, ideal for someone using an arced stroke.
3. Insert - This putter has an aluminum insert, as opposed to the much softer insert on the tour putters. This putter gives you a nice "click" of the head, and has a great feel. Definitely personal preference.
4. Shaft - The tour versions have a slight offset plumber's neck, while this putter has a double bend "S" shape and the shaft goes right into the head.
5. Loft - 2.5* on this one versus 3.5* on the tour model. The extra loft on the tour version is needed to offset the slight offset in the neck.
6. Price- This one is ~$80 cheaper.
I have a straight back and through putting stroke, and my previous putter was not face balanced. What I immediately noticed when using this putter was how it is almost impossible to get the putter off line in the stroke. Even if I try, the putter just pulls itself back into the correct path. That's going to make 3-5' putts that much easier. I have yet to put it through all its paces, but this is a clear winner.
UPDATE: I have a couple rounds under my belt with this putter, and it is really starting to shine. For the season I am averaging 1.85 putts per hole, but with this putter, that's down to 1.63 putts. I also have not had a 3 putt in the past 27 holes. My bugaboo was short putts, and those are now non-issues. All of the apprehension I felt over 3 footers is gone. Putts now just hit the back of the hole. I love this putter.