Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tazo Awake English Breakfast Tea, 24 Tea Bags,2.1 Oz
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Size: 24 Count|Change

on February 21, 2010
I drink a lot of tea and I don't drink coffee, the main reason being I am apparently one of those wussy types who are highly sensitive to caffeine. I had a grande size Awake this afternoon at Starbucks and several hours later I am still recovering. I am no longer nauseous and shaky but I am still hyper. As tea taste goes I like it--it's neither better nor worse than average--but for someone like me (and yes, I realize this is not the norm for most people) it is too caffeinated. I thought I'd put this out there for anyone else who might experience the same kind of jolt since it isn't really a good feeling. I will keep Awake in mind though if I ever find that I need to build a house in 24 hours or complete a full year of graduate work in a week.
VINE VOICEon February 19, 2013
With its new-look packaging, Tazo also reformulated the Awake tea blend. The old blend was strong, robust, and biting. It was by far my favorite bagged black tea. The new blend is weaker and maltier; it is sadly reminiscent of standard Lipton tea. If I want Lipton tea, I'll buy Lipton tea; it's a lot cheaper than Tazo.

I know that many people found the old blend to be too bitter. Tazo apparently decided that they'd gain more customers than they'd lose if they toned down the flavor. I don't know if they're right, but they've definitely lost me.
55 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
This has become one of my favorite teas. I have tummy issues and certain caffeinated drinks send me straight to the bathroom; so far Tazo Awake has not down that. I don't drink coffee because of the tummy troubles, but need my morning caffeine. I also really like the taste and do not have to use any sweetener. Also it is manufactured in the USA.
on September 19, 2013
While the picture shows the "old" Tazo Awake tea, what they sent was the "new" Tazo tea. For anyone who loves the "old" they know the "new" tastes nothing like it. They're selling the "new" at an exorbitant price. Total scam!
on December 5, 2013
It takes 2 teabags of this to make a single 12-oz cup of tea steeping for 5 minutes. Overpriced and expensive tea -- that doesn't even taste very good and has no fragrance whatsoever. I'm going to post this review to every TAZO AWAKE listing on amazon.com that I can find, so others aren't taken in by Tazo's hype. (Purchased at my local grocery store. Not an expired package.)
on May 1, 2016
This is my go-to tea (that yo can also find in every hotel in the US, which is where I got to know the brand) It tasted great and was good for me since I don't drink my tea with sugar, so my black tea has to be mild.
Pros: Nice quality (mid-level quality), nice packaging, taste is not too strong, good price. I keep buying the same tea for a while now!
Cons: none
on January 25, 2016
This is definitely my favorite black tea. It has a different caffeine effect compared to most coffee, and unless you are using organic or natural coffee beans I think this is a more lasting form of caffeine to stay awake. That being said, I also think it is helpful to know (at least since everyone is interested in talking about in media videos lol) that this tea works much better than even coffee for staying regular with bowels. I mean seriously, if you put two teabags in two water bottles in the morning and wait ten minutes, you will technically have a ready to go laxative effect within twenty minutes. I did this before working all day shifts for a year and now am not regular with bowels even though I drink 30 ounces of coffee in the morning. Sometimes I miss having a regular bowel system in the morning, and I am actually surprised more reviews don't comment on this effect (although I think most tea drinkers are so low in magnesium levels that you most likely would need to drink two bottles a day for two weeks before your body has enough of the bowel eliminating vitamin to make the laxative effect work. I take a multivitamin and it doesn't help compared to this tea for staying regular in your bowels. In my opinion it also eliminates 96% of menstrual cramping for any females who might want to try drinking two bottles of this tea a day for anyone who wants to eat on their period again if you have really had moderate to bad period cramps. I used to get so sick on my menstrual period I would have to skip class once per semester and now I can eat anything without drinking water like a fish lol through my period with almost zero cramps completely and I don't even drink this every day! It helps so much though from having drunk it in the long term). I used to drink a whole pot of this at night through college but only drink one water bottle full today because it is still very helpful for taking out in my purse because it is one of the only tea blends you don't have to heat at all ever. One tea bag in a water bottle not only will make a strong tea in ten minutes just sitting, you can even refill the water bottle and one tea bag will have the same strength with no heat at all for another 16 ounces of water. This is also helpful for anyone making whole pots of tea if you like to drink delicious tea with fewer tea sachets... Happy tea drinking and this is almost second to none in all drinking black tea brands I have tasted after working through college as a coffee barista in four different coffee shops including and excluding major coffee and tea companies. And for anyone afraid of laxatives, it really doesn't force you to have to go to the bathroom like a laxative chemically could I suppose but is overall just helpful if you drink two bottles of it in the morning and have been drinking it very routinely. I think the effect is similar to eating raw papaya. I should add that I am very discreet about language with bowels and never use any term besides "bowels" when speaking about these subjects and am not trying to be gross here. I actually get very annoyed when anyone uses bowel terminology like it should be casual speaking terms. It just is a very effective way to deal with stress in my opinion to be regular in the morning for stress in working arenas and I felt I needed to write this review for anyone interested in natural healing remedies. (I also am very skinny and do not binge eat at all as a perspective).
on March 22, 2013
The new box design is accompanied by a new tea. Awake tea has been my go-to tea for years. The new formula tastes like a watered down version of the tea I used to love. Will not be buying Awake tea any longer as the new formula is no better than Lipton.
on March 17, 2015
The best tea I have ever had. I miss being able to buy it at Starbucks, so much. It was my daily "treat". Now, I have it at home! I am of British ancestry and I know good tea. This is the best!
on December 18, 2013
I've been trying to ween myself off of pop, both diet & regular. And since I still need that caffeine pick up, I figured I'd give this a try. Very nice tea taste that isn't too strong, I drink it chilled & unsweetened.