Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Teach Yourself VISUALLY Adobe Photoshop CS3
Format: Paperback|Change

on October 8, 2011
This book is okay, I really didn't learn much from the book itself that I didn't already know. It's good for someone that has zero experience with Photoshop but isn't good for an intermediate person like myself. The book is just as the title reads, "teach yourself visually" hence why there's more pictures than words. Do not buy if you already know how to resize photos, replace color, use the lasso tool and so on, because you already know and this book is basically for "beginners."
I suppose it would be a great book if I didn't know anything on photoshop, but you'd be better off going to YouTube and watching how they do it. However, I got my book used for only $1.31 or so, I wasn't out much money. Ask yourself, "do I know how to do just the basics?" because this is all this book is (the basics) no more, no less.
on November 29, 2015
This book provided me with the exact information I was looking for along with a good reference for many Photoshop activities. Exactly on the mark too.
on April 3, 2017
Great book and very affordable!
on December 25, 2007
I'm new to the full Photoshop CS3, although I've been an enthusiastic user of all Photoshop Elements versions back to 2.0. I had never bought any of the "Teach Yourself" books before. As I wade through the intricacies of CS3, I am finding this book very helpful. There are easy step by step "how-to's" to follow, including a large section on layers. I would have liked more pages on Bridge, but overall I know I will continue to use and refer to this book often.
22 helpful votes
23 helpful votes
on December 7, 2015
This is a great tutorial! You can't go wrong with pictures of every move you have to make. Great for beginners like me.
on July 6, 2008
Maybe I'm stupid, but I hate going through page after page of Adobe manuals trying to figure out how to do something quickly. This makes it easy and much easier to understand. As they say, you learn by doing--and this and all the other "Visually" books provide better understanding by showing how to do projects without all the background information and techie catchwords. A great book--
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on February 8, 2010
This book is very helpful and clarifies the tools in Photoshop and the pictures gives it a better way to demonstrate the function of a tool. In conclusion I recommend this book to those who are curious or just wants to know a bit more about the tools in Photoshop and how to use them properly or play around with it.
on October 13, 2009
This book is simply a list of tools and how to use them - no projects and no complex examples for their application, but that's what I bought it for. I reference of tools and how to use them without having to remember which example/project used a certain tool. Pretty clearly written with good visual aids.
on August 23, 2015
Great product and shipped fast.
on December 3, 2014
Not like going to a school to learn the program, but has a lot of good info on CS3