No enhanced packaging
Blu-ray + Digital
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
There’s more action, more adventure — and more attitude — in The A-Team Extended Edition, which includes a never-before-seen version of the film with spectacular added footage not shown in theaters!
Buckle up for an adrenaline-fueled thrill ride starring Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Sharlto Copley. Convicted by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit, a daring team of former Special Forces soldiers must utilize their unique talents to break out of prison and tackle their toughest mission yet. It’s going to take guts, split-second timing and an arsenal of explosive weapons...this is a job for The A-Team.
Disc 2: Digital Copy
Top customer reviews
Plot? Nah. These are the standard war vets framed for something they didn't do, so they have to get out of prison and clear their names. You know the drill... There are so many crosses, double-crosses and flip-flops that I lost track. The dialogue is very funny, the situations are absurd, the characters are easy on the eye and we laugh out loud right on cue. After you get the DVD from Amazon.com, call a friend, buy a six-pack....
Here are the players:
* Liam Neeson ("Clash of the Titans") is the team leader, creative and clever.
* Bradley Cooper ("The Hangover") is the handsome one, sexy and funny.
* Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson ("Never Surrender") has a spiritual crisis to overcome.
* Sharlto Copley ("District 9") plays crazy better than anyone.
* Patrick Wilson ("Watchmen") is everyone in the CIA named Lynch?
* Jessica Biel ("Valentine's Day") shares a past with the handsome one.
* Gerald McRaney (lots of TV) is a beloved general.
Is the ending ever in doubt? Nope, but you'll sure have a good time!
Hannibal and BA are great and Lynch is more entertaining here than the show-version. Face falls victim to Bradley Cooper's star power but it's ok because Murdock steals the whole movie anyway.
My one annoyance is the extended version is the best way to watch this and it's long, clocking in at 133 minutes, but the theatrical version cuts too much of the funny out, making it little more than one giant explosion or action scene after another. Plus, bonus scenes and bloopers are included with the extended version and that's always fun!
The movie captures all the fun of the TV show without sacrificing the characters to the dreaded 'modernization' that you get with most movies made from 80's TV shows.
You will instantly recognize all the characters. Hannibal, Face. Howling Mad Murdoch. BA! The gang is all there. the original Murdoch and Face make cameos. There is even a reference to Dwight Shultz's (the original Murdoch) character on Star Trek The Next Generation as the name Reginald Barclay appears in the credits of a movie the characters watch.
They do update the plot for the modern ear. Instead of the A Team being Vietnam vets wrongly accused of robbing a Vietnamese bank, they are Iraqi war vets accused of stealing US money printing plates stolen by the Iraqis. The other update is that they hit their targets when they shoot (in the TV show thousands of rounds would be fired but no one would ever get hit)
All in all you will love this remake of a classic show.
The plot and stunts do get a little ridiculous, but they are fun. It's not a great war movie. It's not a great drama. But it's a great fun action movie worth 2 hours of your time!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles