BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2017
It's a quick fun read
on September 9, 2016
I love this book. I work in IT and was thinking of transitioning to software development so I got this book for some insight. Wow!!! I can really apply these principals anywhere, they are just put into the context of software developers. It has been a nice refreshing read.
on November 28, 2015
Great book! This book provides good guidelines for both managers and non-managers wishing to work effectively in a team. It highlights problems teams can face and resolutions managers can take to make a team more effective. As a SWE, there are a lot of soft skills that I overlooked and didn't realize. I think some of my behaviors could be described as "poisonous" and reading the book made me realize how certain behaviors and attitudes can make a team less effective. A lot of the material is common sense, but often overlooked by engineers who lack the soft skills.
on September 24, 2015
Really liked this book. It had a lot of practical advice. It also brought Gerald Weinberg 's advice on being a technical leader into a contemporary context.
on June 3, 2015
The book is good for a person who wants to be a good software engineer.
on April 29, 2015
Wish I had read this book before graduating from university.
on February 7, 2015
I'm a mechanical engineer and found the advice in this book useful and practical, even though it was written from the software engineer/computer science perspective. The main theme in the book, humility respect, and trust, can be applied ti most professional situations.
on January 17, 2015
I found it very interesting and to the point.
on November 29, 2014
Five stars. The many anecdotes made me laugh. We need more stories like this. Well done guys.
General enough for others outside of software.
on November 25, 2014