Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on August 9, 2013
Read the reviewer "Best Bible for the Kindle Fire", I don't even use all the features he lists, but by far, this is the best Bible reading experience I've had in my whole life. Be sure to make a note of his advice for when the Kindle needs a bit of maintenance work, he explains it nicely. I haven't had trouble with this app, but you never know in any app when you'll need this skill with the Kindle Fire.
Intuitively, one might assume a name like "Tecarta" would include maps. Some Bibles have them. I found some relevant ancient Israel area maps on the Internet, starting with the Exodus era, and sent them via charger cable to my Kindle Photos. Now I can better understand where the place names are.
I surely do love opening up the Kindle and reading this right where I left off, at my own pace, any time of day or night, no need to be near any Internet connection. And although some may argue with the accuracy or suitability of this particular translation as opposed to any other they may prefer, I am not concerned. It's clear and clean, I can stay awake reading it and progress through the material. The proofreading is for the most part dependable; I've spotted one section though with a few uncharacteristic run on words. I'm only up to Samuel but got tired of the little tickler notice to rate this app, though it's not pushy or full of itself.
8 people found this helpful
on October 1, 2014
I love this app! I searched for an offline Bible app that I could use in church without needing wifi, and decided on this one. It's so easy to navigate to chapter and verse - just a few taps, and you're there! I also like the fact that in landscape mode I can have 2 versions on the screen at the same time, and the fact that the 2 versions scroll together. I really use the NASB version as my main text, but I got the NIV first, then added the NASB version from INSIDE the app, to make sure that it would be compatible. There are a good number of versions available, as well as study notes, concordances, devotionals, etc. I also like the font choices/sizes available, as well as the choice of background colors. I prefer the look of the black background...

Anyway, I highly recommend this Bible app! It has everything that I was looking for, and more! BTW, you can also write notes, bookmark passages, and highlight verses. GREAT app! Thanks, Tecarta, for a truly useful and attractive app!
2 people found this helpful
on August 16, 2013
As this is my first "app" bible I wanted to find the app which offered multiple translations. So I looked at this programs beta pages and saw the many various books listed I thought "Great! It is a six dollar app for Gods words...which should be free...but, hey, it comes with ALL those versions and additional reference and study material."
What is NOT clear at all is that each of the books on the list are for sale for substantoal cost! This app provides the NIV version only. I am not displeased with the book but for the price I feel deceived. If I could get a refund I would do so.
2 people found this helpful
on March 30, 2018
Very easy to read and understand , better than holding a large book in your hand. Thank you.
on April 11, 2014
Our preacher uses this Bible as reference when creating his sermons, and he grew up using this translation. fairly easy to understand and is a terrific resource for students who like to know a bit more about the Bible. I use it somethings when doing Bible study with my wife, who is also learning the Bible. This Bible is very easy to use in terms of finding what you need. It's not free but it's worth the small price. Finally, it's downloadable, which is great if you want to study the Bible in places where there's no Internet connexion.
on September 25, 2017
Easiest to navigate of all the digital bibles I've tried. Quick and intuitive. Well worth the modest cost. I had the free version to try but was frustrated at a location where I didn't have an internet access.
on March 8, 2018
I read the positive reviews prior to downloading on my Kindle Fire. Once I opened it I noticed this opened on the New Testament? Not a NIV page and I somehow clicked something to get to the Index but have no idea on how that occurred. I am computer literate and work many other programs and |Apps with no problem. This is not easy to navigate but I give it 100% for being confusing. Also could find no instructions of use page.
on March 23, 2017
Although the Niv is not my favorite translation, my church uses it. This interface is very user friendly.
on December 21, 2016
It is a great app so far. Have not had time to get into all it can do, but I'm sure it will be as claimed.
on November 15, 2016
Finally, someone has actually made a Bible reading app with text that looks like a real Bible! Not only that, but the app also includes the possibility of using entire study Bibles, with all of the fancy graphics, charts, and pictures that you are accustomed to in a real physical study Bible. This is absolutely the best Bible reading app in the world!
6 people found this helpful