C Tech Pocket Rock-It V1b Bass Headphone Amp
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) Very nice all-inclusive package. Has the headphones, the pocket amp, and all the cables and adapters you need to plug it up to just about anything.
2) Easy to use -- plug it in, turn it on, play the bass
3) Can be used with external audio source, since it has an aux-in. Computer, mp3 player, whatever. It's great to play along with videos on Youtube.
4) Shockingly good bass sound! I mean, it pretty faithfully reproduces the full sound you would get from a real amp. I was surprised
1) Sort of cheaply made. It hasn't broken yet, but you can feel the (lack of) quality when you use it. So far so good, but we'll see.
2) Headphones are crackly. This is probably just a damaged set, and I already replaced them, but it was irritating.
So all in all, a great product. The quality needs to be stepped up a little, but for the price tag it's not bad!
1. The unit is inexpensively made (vs cheaply), if you are a little careful, it should last.
2. The unit and its adjustable plug (Approximately 30 degrees per ratchet) allows versatility... but if feels awkward, clumsy, and very bulky when attached to the bass in my opinion.
3. The sound is OK, I think anyone who complains about it should:
a. Ask themselves what the purpose of the unit is and how tweaked for their amp their bass is. In my case, using the built in switches I can get a decent sound (albeit not great by comparison to my Bass Amp) with minimal tweaking.
b. How good are your headphones? If they are comparable to a set studio headphones, or a set of the Bose around ear noise reducing phones, then compare notes. Otherwise...wake up and smell the roses.
4. One MAJOR drawback is that the ON/OFF switch is the pushbutton toggle so you have to be very careful it isn't turned on without you knowing it. A slide switch would have been better I think in this case...
Now some possible work arounds:
2(a) In this area I purchased one of the Pocket Rocket V2 bags, got a straight coupler and a 10 foot straight/angled cable (I prefer the angled because my plugs are all on the edge of the Bass and not recessed). I zip-tied the cable unit above in place and plugged the amp in the top.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The jack doesn't fit so well for certain basses. The sound is very good and clean. If not for the jack it would be a 4 stars product.Published on March 27, 2013 by BassMan
It works on and off Play's normal then a high pitch noise. Just collecting dust now end up buying a different
portiable bass system.