BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 20, 2013
I seriously adore this puppy. I bought this along with the Desktop Madness Series Bookends and Pen Holder and I couldn't be happier! I've uploaded some of my own pictures to this item as well. A few other reviewers remarked that it didn't hold an iPhone well or that they could not run the cord to charge the phone while in holder - I did not experience either issue with my iPhone 5 + Lifeproof case.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2017
I absolutely love these whimsical hand bookends. I've got them on a corner in my desk. They keep my frequently-used reference books nearby, they look great, and they just make me smile every time I look at them. They're not too big and bulky or demanding of desktop real estate, but they make a nice statement. This was an impulse purchase but well worth it -- quite suprised by the high quality of what I thought would be a novelty item. No regrets.
on September 24, 2011
I got this for my desk at work to keep my phone in a specific place at all times. I love it. The item is super simple, a white plaster or clay material that is really nice and smooth. Looks like the picture. Has perfect little fingernails...I'm trying to resist my insane urge to paint them!

Has a nice weight, not too heavy but won't tip over if you sneeze in the direction of it. Tempted to get one for my apartment.
on November 23, 2015
I have bought several of these for the guys...family and friends...variety of ages. They all love it. It's big enough to hold all the larger phones. It keeps it safe and keeps it from being buried under paper work on the desk. They also like that it holds it while they watch a You Tube etc. It has a good weight to it so it doesn't easily fall over. I bought the black one for my husbands desk....it looks a little cooler in black !!!
on March 31, 2017
I bought this one day during an office-supply splurge. While I do use it, I have not been as pleased with it as I hoped I would be. It is quite a large object (takes up a fair about of desk space) without being too deep (it holds pens and pencils, but they look more precarious than in an ordinary pen cup). The white plastic also scuffs quite easily.

It's still a fun conversation piece, the magnet is useful, and it certainly seems sturdy enough, but I would probably not buy it again.
on September 24, 2011
OK so I know this is supposed to be somewhat large due to the fact that it is a pen holder but it is not what I expected. The wrist is a little bigger than it should be for the hand and the "basin" the fist provides is not very deep or wide. I could def not fit all the items in mine that are in the picture example.

Those things aside, I still like this. I five pens in it that are sparkly and girly (I work with all men, they won't steal my girly pens). The stub of the wrist/arm has a magnet in it. You can put paper clips or whatever else will stick to a magnet to it, it is my favorite feature! I work in a warehouse and can be slightly morbid...I am in charge of safety and therefore have the extra razor blades...I keep a handful of them attached to the magnet for easy access and because it seems slightly wrong to have a razor blade (or five) attached to a stub of a hand lol.

Overall fun desk product.
on January 16, 2016
This product is fun and will hold your phone if you have a bigger one or one with a bulkier case. The only real issue is that the thumbs are a bit in the way if you still want to use your device while it sits upright. If you wish to use it in landscape (horizontal), the thumbs will definitely be in the way. This also goes to anyone wanting to use it for a tablet. The other thing is that if you want to charge it while it sits, you have to keep the phone horizontal as there is no way to accommodate the wire as it sits vertical. It has a good solid weight to it and will certainly hold your phone or device without the risk of falling over to easily. It can also double as a paperweight. If your looking for a stand that's functional and that allows you to use the phone while it sits, I'd recommend the "iPhone Stand (Black) Sold by Keynamics" found here on Amazon. I just purchased that one as well to test which I liked more and that one wins it for me. It's also practically the same price and fits my phone great without fear of slipping or falling off. You can find my more detailed review of that one on there.
on January 29, 2011
I was somewhat disappointed by this pencil holder. It is much larger than the picture suggests, judging by the pencils and scissors. It's almost 6 inches long. Additionally, instead of being squared off at the bottom (like a cup), it is rounded (like a bowl) which makes it a little more difficult to put things in. The pencil cup part is also quite shallow. I suspect that the strange pencil cup shape was probably designed to ensure that the walls were a certain thickness. It is made of a plaster/cement compound and seems like it could be prone to breaking if it had thinner walls. I'm not sure if I would buy this pencil holder again, but it makes a great conversation piece with the kids at the school where I work.
on July 19, 2016
I am very happy with the purchase of this product. I am behind a desk for the majority of my work week and I like to be able to have background noise. A lot of the time I will put a movie on my phone using Netflix. I have tried propping up my phone numerous ways but it always ends up sliding back down. I finally decided to purchase this after looking at a few other options. This product is not only effective but it looks great as well. I love the hands holding the phone! It is not light, it is pretty heavy and does not tip over easily. It also only takes up minimal space on my desk. My ONLY problem would be if I wanted to set my phone up vertically you could not keep It hooked up to charge at this same time. Thankfully most things look better when the phone is horizontal so this is not usually a problem. I would highly recommend this product and would make this purchase again.
on December 6, 2015