- Save $2.00 on a TechMatte USB-C to USB-A 5 Foot Cable when you purchase 1 or more USB-C to Micro USB Adapter offered by TechMatte. Enter code I4WEHVZ4 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $2.00 on a TechMatte USB-C to USB-A 3 Foot Cable when you purchase 1 or more USB-C to Micro USB Adapter offered by TechMatte. Enter code RUIQ6PJZ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
TechMatte USB-C to Micro USB Adapter Convert Connector for HTC 10, LG G5, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, OnePlus 3 with 56k Resistor; Approved to Meet USB Type-C Standard (2-Pack, Black)
|Sale:||$7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$22.00 (73%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- TechMatte's USB-C to Micro Adapter allows you to connect your USB Type-C phone or tablet with your standard Micro-USB cable to achieve charging, sync and data transfer. (No OTG compatibility)
- This product has been professionally tested and inspected to meet USB Type-C Standards; the Adapter contains a 56k Resistor which protects your devices from high levels of current that exceed the recommended amount.
- Examples of compatible Type-C devices include the LG G5 Nexus 5x, 6P, OnePlus 3, Nokia N1, Lumia 950, 950XL, Google Pixel and Macbook 2015.
- To Use: Simply plug a standard Micro-USB cable into the female connector of this Adapter, then plug the male connector of the Adapter into your Type-C device port. You are then able to use a standard wall or car charger for charging; or you can choose to transfer or sync data from your Type-C device to a computer.
- The TechMatte USB-C to Micro-USB Adapter is backed by our 100% product guarantee and our outstanding customer service department which is available seven days a week, and is committed to providing all customers with the best experience possible. Buy with confidence!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The TechMatte USB Type-C to Micro-USB Adapter is a quality, well-tested Adapter designed to connect a Type-C smartphone with a standard Micro-USB cable for charging, sync or data transfer. This Adapter contains a 56k Resistor in compliance with USB type-C technical standards, so your device will be protected.
A Partial List of Compatible Devices:
Google Nexus 5X and 6P
Lenovo Zuk Z1, LeTV
Lumia 950, Lumia 950XL
Other Type-C Devices
Product Note: This adapter is not OTG compatible.
1" Length; .5" Width
What's in the Box?
(2) Two TechMatte® USB Type-C to Micro-USB Adapters
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
12-Month Replacement Warranty
Top Customer Reviews
TechMatte has been extremely responsive to my inquiry in the last month. They've contacted me and let me know that they were in the process of fixing their cables. They were also kind enough to send me an early engineering sample of the fixed cables one week ago.
This re-review of their Micro-B to C adapter is not of the engineering sample, but of the real production version that I purchased again from Amazon three days ago.
Let's get started on the spec compliance test. Once again, my test device is a Chromebook Pixel 2015. I am using a Chromium Twinkie USB PD sniffer/debug device, available here : Plugable USB 3.1 Type-C (USB-C) Power Delivery Sniffer
I have plugged in the TechMatte adapter to a USB Type-A to Micro-B cable that came with my Motorola Nexus 6 phone. It is plugged into the following 10W charger : Dell 10W Adapter Spare Wall Charger for Venue 8 Pro/8/7 (XDN34)
The charger, the cable, and the adapter are plugged into Twinkie, which is acting as a passthrough to Pixel. Picture attached.
Let's run the ectool command from Pixel:
localhost ~ # ectool --name=cros_pd usbpdpower
Port 0: SNK Charger DCP 4656mV / 1872mA, max 5000mV / 1872mA / 9360mW
Port 1: SRC
So far so good. Pixel is charging at almost 1.9A from the 2A Dell charger. It's correctly identifying as a DCP charger.
Let's check Twinkie:
CC1_PD = 417
CC2_PD = 15
The ADC command reads the current voltage values from the CC pins.Read more ›
What these adapters do is enable you to use your hoards of Micro USB cables for your new USB C phone - probably a cheaper proposition than replacing all of your existing chargers/cables all at once.
I have tested both items that came (in the 2 pack) and both work for charging and data transfers.
Charging is notably slower than it is on the charger that the 5X came with, but that's not because of the adapters - it's because of my old chargers.
Other pros to this product are:
- They are cheap
- The connection is very tight on the micro USB side and mostly tight on the phone side
- The housing is small, so my case does not interfere with insertion
- You still get to keep your Micro USB cables/charger at hand in case you or your guests have Micro USB devices to charge, as well
Overall, so far, I see no down sides. Eventually I may upgrade to all fast chargers and new USB C 3.1 cables, but for right now this product allows me to salvage most of my investment in older Micro USB chargers.
Initially, both worked as expected. The only quirk I noticed was that the cables don't seat all the way in on either end, leaving a few mm gap (perhaps by design?) between the adapter edge and the cable shell, as well as on my phone's charging port.
Only after a few days, the one in my car quit working altogether. The phone somehow senses it is supposed to be charging ("charging" is indicated on the lock screen), but it doesn't actually charge (as indicated by the LED indicator or a lightning bolt in the status bar battery icon).
A day after that happened, the other one which I had taken to work suffered a crack along the side when the cable end it was attached to fell off the edge of my desk. The plastic connector shell around the adapter seems very brittle, though the adapter still functions as advertised.
After only a week of ownership, I'm disappointed in the product. I think next purchase will be an actual USB-A to USB-C cable instead of an adapter.
For something to keep at the office or by the nightstand where getting the absolute fastest charging speeds is not important, this is perfectly adequate.
Furthermore, you will get full data transfer capabilities with it as I was moving podcasts from my harddrive to the device using this adapter.
TechMatte sent me a replacement asap. Awesome customer service. it works great. Upgraded to 5 stars
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These did not work at all with our Nexus 5X cords. On a 20 minute drive, supposedly charging in the car, my phone's battery only charged 1%. It was easy to return though.Published 1 hour ago by Malissa
Works as advertised. I tried it twice to charge my Nexus 6P using a regular micro USB ended cable (Samsung Cable) and it charged the phone no problem.Published 4 hours ago by dj
Have to really push the micro USB end into the converter, otherwise my phone is not charging. I tried several different microUSB cables with the same problem.Published 5 hours ago by Y. Shi
Works as expected with my Nexus 5x. Pleased enough that I ordered a second pair of them.Published 1 day ago by Ken Wilson
My Nexus 6P takes forever to charge with these...but they work if I am in a bind.Published 2 days ago by H. Diggity
Would give a 5 but not sure if it's the adapters or the charger that is causing some connectivity issues. Wishing the connection was a little tighter i guess. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is the second time I've ordered this item and they work great.Published 3 days ago by Bethany Martinez