Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 164 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
on April 12, 2016
This is an awesome cartridge/stylus replacement for any p-mount turntable. The sound it produces is very well-balanced: highs are crisp and not too bright, lows are tight, and, as mentioned by others here, mid frequencies are one of this needle's real strengths. The carbon fiber cantilever handles warps and other flaws quite well - I've never experienced issues with it hanging onto a groove. I've gotten several needledrops that rival those made with much more expensive setups (to my ears, anyway) out of this cartridge/stylus and an old SL-BD20A turntable. I'll be back for replacements.
on March 25, 2017
I can play my records now and they sound fine

“I started collecting vinyl since I was about 14. But prior to that, I was always interested in knowing more about music. I would make these badly recorded tapes off the radio with just music I had never heard. At that time, I was into everything, my mom's music, my grandmother's. Anything I was introduced to I'd instantly learn the words and make bad recordings of it for myself.”
on December 5, 2015
Perfect replacement cartridge for my JVC turntable. Audio Technica brand speaks for itself when it comes to audio. Fits to a T! Have seen this model for much more online and the sound is perfect. So if you're and audiophile, this cartridge is for you. Now that vinyl is making a big comeback it's time to upgrade your turntable, and this cartridge has just as good sound quality as more expensive models. Better price than the Audio Technica site. Recommend to all
on September 19, 2012
I picked up a Technics SL-Q200 on eBay for $20 as a turntable for my kids, and it had an old Grado cartridge that needed to be replaced. After reading the positive reviews on this AT3428P I thought I'd give it a whirl.

This thing sounds great. I buy lots of swap meet and thrift store records for $1 or less, and even after a proper washing they are often clicky, poppy, and just worn from people playing them on bad equipment, I suppose. This cartridge appears to lessen the noise and improve the listenability of those old records. I really like it.

I have been reading some about the drawbacks of a conical stylus, specifically regarding groove wear, and I'm not sure if this would be a great idea to run on all my records, especially the new ones, with this cart, but I'm not completely convinced it's a bad thing either. There is some debate about that out there so do some research if you buy new records and want to use this cart.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the overall sound quality from such a cheap cartridge, and my 17 year old daughter loves to hear her Glenn Miller, Frank Sinatra, Harry Belafonte, and Bing Crosby records sound cleaner than before.

I have used an AT95E on my other turntable, and now an Ortofon Omega, and this cart sounds similar to my ears to those carts which cost twice as much, and this one has less noise from the old records too. If you have old records, this could be a great buy for you.
on April 8, 2015
I purchased this bargain priced cartridge to fix up a $10 Salvation Army bought Technics BD 10 turntable. After cleaning, new cables and testing this sounds quite nice. For most listeners this is a great option at a great price. If you've got an old turntable sitting around do yourself a favor: clean it up, put one of these on (P mount) and remind yourself how good vinyl sounds-how rich and deep compared to the compressed sound you're now used to. try listening to an lp vs an mp3 file or a cd and you'll be astonished what you've been missing-even at this price point the difference is obvious.
on November 24, 2015
Holy ----.

For the price, this thing is GREAT.

I got my love of audio from my Dad, who was a big audiophile back in the day. He was visiting recently after I put this cartridge in to replace an old one, and we were talking about records and audio equipment then (1970's) vs today. I use a Technics SL-Q300 with this cartridge and he commented how amazingly clear it sounded. He guessed it was a LOT more expensive than it was. :)
on May 15, 2017
This might be one of the best kept secrets in all of phono audio. It shatters a lot of myths still out there about a conical stylus. The carbon fiber cantilever is its secret sauce. I use one in a pmount to half inch adapter for a standard turntable, and the other on a pmount deck. If you play thrift store vinyl, or 45's, this is the cartridge that you want. It's a true bargain, and a fantastic performer.
on July 17, 2014
All I can say is that I was very surprised by this cartridge. I had read a lot about this cartridge on the AudioKarma website, and the price was very reasonable, so I got one. Again....I was very surprised by the sound quality. Jazz recordings sound fantastic. This little cartridge really gives life to jazz recordings. Cymbals had that nice shimmery sound without exaggeration. Instruments were clean and clear. Drums (especially brushed drums and cymbals) sounded as they should...soft, bristly quality. Vocals sounded very natural with none of that weird "grain" you sometimes hear on CD's. Other music sound good as well. I would not necessarily recommend it for really complex rock or orchestral music. But for smaller-scale music, it does a bang up job.
on March 16, 2013
I found a decent Technics table at Goodwill with a missing needle and refurbished it with this cartridge. After trying for a while to chase down distorted high frequencies by deep cleaning my records and then trying different phono amps, wiring, and speakers, I finally did a little research. Apparently the "tracking force perfectly tuned at the factory" sticker near the base of the tonearm only applies to the factory cartridge, because after setting it from the factory .75 to ~1.25 I can finally appreciate what people mean when they say records sound better than CD's. For $20 I don't see how you can go wrong with this cartridge.
on June 5, 2013
Mine broke after about 2 weeks, but I also played about 100 records on it but still...I guess U get what U pay for. It sounded awesome when it did work, I have plenty of youtube video's of me recording my record collection using that needle. But yeah its very cheap made and WILL break easily if your not careful with it. Mine... (in my case) was going over a crack in the record when it fell off. But it wasn't bad at all so kinda made me mad it did that. Customer Service is a joke when trying to return things so no since in buying it if your looking for any kinda warranty, etc. Only has a 2 week warranty anyways. The cartridge is good to use, for me it was a nice replacement for the one that wasn't on the record player when I got it, which is a Technics SL-BD27. Fits perfectly on there. so yes this product comes with the cartridge and needle

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.