Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 20, 2014
I purchased this item brand new, it quit working after 3 days I sent it back to be repaired it took time for this process to happen after getting it back from being repaired it worked for 3 more days. now its in the land full and I'm out all the money! not good!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 18, 2012
I used only this one speaker for a new years party for almost 200 people and they we're very happy. I hooked up my laptop to it that has "virtual-dj" software on it that by the way is free to download online.
on March 7, 2012
Lots of power. Lots of convenience. Super cheap. It ends there. The PVRTX has everything except one thing. For a live performance, one needs volume. The PVRTX can't deliver it with RCA connections. It has no Analogue 1/4 or XLR or Speak-On inputs. All the time that a sound enginere puts in to cables is lost on the PVRTX. When I hook it up I feel like I might as well be playing it through a car stereo system. The best RCA's can't compete with 12 gauge TRS/XLR/Speak-On. RCA connections are a modern synonym for Digital/ADAT. Ironically, RCA's are the analogue connections for phonograh, but I digress.

The bottom line is that any "powered" speaker that only has RCA inputs will distorte your input by way of converting your signal to a digital audio signal, & then re-converting it to an anologue signal for the speaker. Nevermind the fact that your signal has already been degraded with any other A/D conversions that you're using. The very best analogue to digital, aka A/D converters range in the $1k to $100k price range. Personally, I don't think that this type of investment would make much difference for the PVRTX when you consider that the frequency response only goes down to 45 hz.

This item is designed for MP3/ghetto. Not for professional use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.