|Screen Size||9.7 inches|
Technocel Leather Flip Book Case/Folio for Apple iPad (1st Generation) (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Has multiple display angles
- Has black lining
- Allows for easy access to all buttons and ports
- Complete protection for your Apple iPad from all sides
- Features a built in display for convenient handsfree multi-media use
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Safely carry your Apple iPad with this premium leather carrying solution. This elegant case allows you to view your device in four different angles to comfortably watch movies or read your ebooks. It is a perfect fit for the Apple iPad.
Top Customer Reviews
The price of this thing is insanely low. You can spend $100 on a case and it still will not be as good as this. Take my word for it, you will not be disappointed. Stop searching - this is the case you've been looking for.
1) Thin fitting (looks and feels slim and tight when you carry and hold it in the CLOSED position).
2) Expensive looking leather.
3) Good protection (if you drop it, there is no spot or corner on the Ipad that will touch ground)
4) Allows you to prop your Ipad up in 3 positions for horizontal viewing (works great in my lap on my easy chair).
5) Tightly and effortlessly snaps shut with overhanging leather "clip" that does not protrude when case is closed (I hate "button snaps", stretchy bands that wear out, and magnets).
1) No vertical standing position.
2) Clip which shuts the Ipad closed sticks out and can be felt when holding the Ipad in the OPEN vertical position.
3) Case is rather thick feeling when folded back and held. This case is optimal for use in the propped up horizontal position. I see this issue as a deal breaker for some. If you are looking for a very thin case that holds slimly in the hands, I would suggest the CaseCrown Canvas Ipad case. I used that great case for some time, but am now wish to have a case that will hold this heavy Ipad up for me as I use it.
4) The case smells terrible the first few days, but the smell disappears soon enough. Don't be concerned about it, as it goes away.
Again, for the price, you will not find a better case: thin, protective, expensive looking, and functional. My main drawback is that it does not fold back thinly when holding it with both hands.
Once you slide the iPad into the case, to use the horizontal stand you have to pop the left side top and bottom corners out in order to nest the left side into a groove. Now the home button is on the right instead of the left, and the power and volume controls are on the top, which takes some getting used to.
What is annoying is that the slots don't hold the iPad all that well. If you are viewing something and not touching the screen, it isn't a problem, but if you are typing or trying to scroll, like when viewing a recipe, the iPad tends to slip to the next slot, depending on where you are touching the screen. If the horizontal slots were slightly rubberized, or leather like the outside cover to "grip" the side of the iPad, then this product would get 5 stars. But between the flocking on inside cover and the satin of the aluminum side, it's awfully slippery. I've been thinking about trying to rig something up, maybe using a little piece of carpet non-slip stuff, but then the cover won't clip closed.
All in all it is a good product - very heavy weight and sturdy feeling, and looks very professional. I like that I can clip my stylus to the cover and it fits into one of the grooves. However, I'm not sure I'm going to like it in the long term; it's better for some things because of the multiple viewing angles, especially when placed on a counter and using it for cooking, or for viewing a movie on a plane, but not so sure it's going to work when I read my books at bed time, as it is heavy and the flocking makes it somewhat slippery to hold.