New Potato Technologies TuneLink Auto Bluetooth in Car Stereo Wireless Adapter for Android (Black) - 1001-01002D
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Stereo Bluetooth A2DP provides excellent sound quality over both FM transmitter and AUX connection with no wires.
- Auto Play/Auto Reconnect: when you start your car, TuneLink finds your device, automatically pairs to it and starts playing your music from where you left off.
- Crystal clear sound quality, engineered by the audio experts at New Potato.
- TuneLink Share Mode allows you and your friends to share the TuneLInk in the car, a new social music feature.
- 2.1 Amp charge for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Light ring changes color based on phone connected, green for Android and Blue for iOS Apple
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Easy Installation- Simply plug TuneLink Auto into power socket, launch music app and you are ready to go. FM or AUX: use FM transmitter or AUX input, either way it sounds great. Bluetooth- based and auto-pairing, easy to link to your Android device Advanced Features- Best-in-class Bluetooth technology supports wide range of codecs resulting in the best possible stereo audio quality. Link to your car’s audio system from up to 45 feet away. TuneLink Share mode allows multiple users to share the Bluetooth link in the same vehicle. Auto Play/Auto Reconnect: when you start your car, TuneLink finds your device, automatically pairs to it and starts playing your music from where you left off. Fast Charge: 2.1 mA charger- RDS Enabled: passes song and track information to RDS-enabled stereo displays. European and Asia Pacific Modes: special FM settings for different FM modes throughout the world.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, this is my second unit. The first worked great at first, but after a number of months began having connection issues, and eventually degraded to the point where it wasn't usable as anything but a charge (wouldn't connect for me than a few seconds).
I've had the replacement for months now and no issue. After researching, there was still no better alternative then this, which I had gotten about 2 years ago. There were also numerous reports of the device failing due to heat... we will see if it lasts through this summer.
Update 8/7/14: The unit started glitching a week or so ago. First I received a message of "Invalid PIN" intermittently when connecting, then it began losing connection during playback. No significant phone changes and my Bluetooth headsets work fine. This device is now only being used as a charger :(
I am not an audiophile. I think I have reasonable expectations for Bluetooth sound quality, but in my opinion, the audio fidelity is as good as possible.
I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and the phone auto-connects without issue. The only problem I have is that "auto play" is hit or miss. I'm not sure why, but sometimes it works, other times it does not.
I am now on my 3rd Tunelink adapter. Why? The first 2 died after less than a year. When this thing works, it works well. Apparently though, this device falls very short in terms of robustness. I've changed my rating accordingly.
Sort yourselves out "New Potato Tech".
So roughly a little after a year of having this, it stopped working. Right around the time I updated my phone (HTC Rezound) to a Jelly Bean ROM. When the device paired it started skipping and the sound quality was distorted.
My phone still worked fine with every other bluetooth device that I owned (bluetooth portable speaker / call device, bluetooth adapter for my speakers at home, bluetooth calling for the car, etc). I think that the device drivers don't support the bluetooth updates that rolled out to my phone (both a firmware and software updates were made regarding bluetooth).
Either the device didn't keep up with the latest bluetooth stack, or it broke I'm fairly certain. Either way, only had for about a year, and the company could do a better job supporting the product with updates.
This product worked very well for my unique situation. I have a relatively new car, that has bluetooth integration, but ONLY for phone calls - in the early bluetooth days nobody thought about music.
I wanted a device that specifically ONLY worked for music, as I liked the native bluetooth phone call integration into my steering wheel and wanted to keep it.
This works perfectly. For calls, my phone is connected to the car. For music, my phone is connected with this device. When I step into my car, it is paired to BOTH the car phone system, and the TuneLink system for music.
If I'm listening to music and a calls comes in, my phone automatically shuts the music streaming off, and gives the phone precedence. It really is absolutely perfect in this regard.
My only criticisms are as follows:
1) I'm a slight audiophile. It's difficult to tell 100%, but it seems as if the mid-tones and high-tones are not quite as amplified as the bass. The sound quality is still very good (its miles better than those old tape cassette players, or the FM transmitters), but I don't think it's as good as a wired connection. Despite the fact that I'm an audiophile, I'm willing to live with this for the level of convenience this provides me. I use the Line-In connection by the way, directly to the car audio jack.
2) It's a little expensive. Given what other products are selling for, this should be a bit cheaper - but again perfect for my situation.