Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 16, 2008
I saw one song from this band on a middle of the night MTV program and went for it. This album is fun, fast, energetic, consistent, and generally awesome. I'm now a Pink Spiders fan.
on April 7, 2010
Wore out and lost the first disc I owned, needed another, you had it, thanks!
on March 20, 2009
"The Pink Spiders" cd was given to me as gift from a DJ friend. He tossed it my way, it found its way to my cd player in my car, and I was immediately jamming to the grooves and crafty lyrics.
Highly entertaining- why isn't this stuff on the radio?
"Don't let your life's income determine your life's outcome" is now one of my most-used quotes. I've put it as my signature at the bottom of my emails at work. Very inspiring and very easy to listen to.
They have odd instruments, quirky lyrics and an awesome sound. "Back to the Middle" is one of my favorite tracks, along with "Razorblade" and "Adele".
Pick it up- you won't put it down.
I've just ordered a few more copies to pass out to my friends who are cool enough to enjoy it. The Pink Spiders deserve to be well known.
on August 1, 2006
Wow, this 3-piece band and major label debut are really cool!!! Exactly up my alley here. Totally unpretentious, raw, live-wire, tuneful + catchy as f***, a lot of fun, and with a unique sense of style. Pink and black??? Awesome and totally powerpop!!

I also have a feeling that they are a kickass, exciting live rock & roll band too, which I dig. To me, if you've got the goods, musically and songwise, but suck live, that just ruins things. I can just TELL they convert a LOT of people with their live show...the cover shot is probably a good indicator of this.

Musically, they are totally garage-raw powerpop, with cool attitude and songs that either instantly stick or grow on you, but there are no duds. Kudos to Ric Ocasek, yet again, as not only is he one of the best musicians/producers around, being from the Cars, but he chooses cool bands to produce wisely. Hell, he helmed the famous "Blue Album" debut by Weezer, and look how they blew up. I have a feeling they had their sound down on their indie debut "Hot Pink" and just refined it with Ric behind the boards. It's great how he captured their live sound on tape, it's just obvious. Also, Talking Head Jerry Harrison helmed the song "Hey Jane". Nice production touches too, enhancing their core guitar/bass/drums attack with occasional keyboards/piano if the songs needed embellishing, but nothing else.

Comparing the Pink Spiders to other bands, I would definitely say Cheap Trick, the Cars, the Knack, the Hives, the Turtles, maybe an American take on Supergrass, even Sum 41 in the vocals by singer/guitarist Matt Fiction. But they've got their own feel. If I have to pick my 2 favourite tunes here it would be the single "Little Razorblade" and the amazing "Back To The Middle" with that killer chorus!!!

Check out these Spiders, they might be your favourite new band too.
on June 5, 2008
I have to admit I went into this album expecitng to hate it. A band named "The Pink Spiders"? After giving it a chance I absolutly love this album. They have a very pop sound which I am not usually into but the format still sounds punk which is what makes it good. I am suprised these guys have not blown up yet.

I would purchase another CD by them when it comes out.
on August 14, 2006
Being a big fan of The Pink Spiders for a couple of years now I was super excited to pick up their new release. And I love it! Although a couple of my favorites ("Modern Swinger" and "Little Razorblade") were on the album "Hot Pink", I still dig the new material. For a little personal touch...I was one of the first people to hear "Little Razorblade" played live so I guess it's got a special place in my heart. :) Anywho, I totally recommend this album to anyone who is a fan of fun music that you can dance like a fool to. And definately to any TPS fan who doesn't own the album yet. The Pink Spiders aren't out to save the world...they are just out to have some fun and you can certainly tell that they do!

PS/They are super awesome live...go see them...but buy the album too!
on August 26, 2006
I love this CD. It's soo amazing. I bought it the day it came out and listened to it a lot and then I bought a couple more CDs a couple weeks later, but I just kept coming back to this one. I can't even describe it's amazing-ness. It's like a combination of some retro influenced rock with modern touches. I also read an article on them in AP and they were so fabulously cocky (in a good way of course!) that you can't help but love them. I love every single song on the album! I'd do a rundown of the songs and rate them, but they'd all just be 10/10, so what's the point? I will tell you that my favorites are:

Modern Swinger

Still Three Shy

Pretend that this is Fiction

Little Razorblade

and EVERY other song!

Please buy this. You won't regret it.
on August 8, 2006
Teenage Graffiti is by far my favorite CD. So much emotion is put into every lyric by frontman Matt Friction. Each song has a uniques style, yet they are all tied together by the catchy, amazing music. My favorite songs off the album are "Hey Jane" "Still 3 Shy" and "Back to the Middle"... and"Pretend that this is fiction" I really cant choose... so buy the cd, and you can pick your own favorite!!
on August 20, 2006
This album is by far the most infectious record I've come across in quite a long time. After the first listen, I only wanted to hear it again. I was excited to hear new versions of some older songs ("Soft Smoke," "Modern Swinger," "Hollywood Fix," and "Little Razorblade"), and I was even more excited to hear the new songs. It's hard to pick one favorite song on the album, but if I had to pick one, I would probably pick "Still Three Shy."

Teenage Graffiti is an awesome album full of catchy hooks that make you want to dance around and lots of throwbacks to 60's pop rock. The fact that the Pink Spiders play a great live shows only adds to its appeal.

And even if you don't like the album, there is no way you can deny that it is ridiculously catchy.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 25, 2006
This album is fantastic if not perfect. I like the first track "Soft Smoke" which has great guitar playing at the beginning of the song. Wicked song. The second "Saturday Nite Riot" ain't as good as the first one but still good. My favorite songs on this cd are "Modern Swinger" a extremely catchy song and "Little Razorblade" a awesome track. I usually go for stuff like The Click Five and Mcfly but I do like the Pink Spiders too.