Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
To think that Nickelodeon is going to release this movie at it's edited length is disgusting. You may think I'm over-reacting, but seriously... what is the point of not issuing the full movie? This is DVD people, there are no time constraints for commercials. And trust me, that 9 mintues they cut goes a long way in humor, action, plot explanations and even character depth (i.e. Shredder).
Also, look at the cover art. As you can tell by other reviews, the coolest thing about this movie is that it stars the famous Turtles from the 1987 animated series (voiced by sound-alikes who do a great job)... and they're no where to be seen on the cover!
Hopefully Nickelodeon ammends these foolish mistakes. I will gladly delete this review if they come to their senses before the release date.
For any of those that still would like to see the full version of this film, go here---> [...]
Until you fix this problem, none of the fans are going to buy this DVD. Good luck with that one...
That being said... BOYCOTT this Nickelodeon DVD Release people. PLEASE read the below information before even considering this purchase.
1. The Nickelodeon released DVD contains a 70 minute shortened version of the film, which is in all actuality 79 minutes long. The 9 minutes that are cut out contain the following: ***Spoiler Alert***
- The scene where we first see the Turtles in the '03 Turtle Van and the Purple Dragons chasing them.
- The scene where '87 Michelangelo says "Thar she blows dude".
- When '87 Shredder is giving '03 Shredder a "tour" of the Technodrome, '03 Shredder asks to see the trans-dimensional portal.
- When Karai enters the Technodrome and the alarm goes off, '87 Shredder says "Not those blasted Turtles again!".
- Most of Karai's introduction speech (how she was keeping vigil over '03 Shredder, claiming ownership of the Technodrome, etc.) was removed.
- When the Technodrome is being rebuilt, Krang and Shredder yelling at the '03 Foot Soldiers for ripping out their computer components.
- When the '03 Shredder is talking to the trans-dimensional computer in order to see the multiverse, the computer acknowledging him as Oroku Saki, Destroyer of Worlds, etc.Read more ›
Reason 1. There are 9 minutes of the original film cut out of this version. This should be 79 minutes long. As you can see Nickelodeon is only selling the censored version with a running time of 70 minutes.
Reason 2. This film was animated and created in widescreen. As you can see from the description this release will cut off the right and left sides of the screen to make the picture 4:3 full screen.
Reason 3. The DVD cover is a horrific example of poor design and disregard for the actual product. This film has three different sets of turtles and only one set is even on the cover. A wonderful Comic-Con poster was created for this film and can be seen by searching google or wikipedia. Why it wasn't used is anyones guess.
With this DVD release Nickelodeon needs to do the fans a favor and re-release this film on Blu-ray in an unedited true widescreen presentation. If that does not happen I suggest you buy the UK version from Amazon's UK site.
I was put off ordering at that time due to some of the reviews posted here that complained of a shortened running time (despite there being no time limitations on DVD releases), 4:3 letterbox format (despite the film being originally made in 16:9 widescreen) and a generic cover featuring just the 2000's animated Turtles (despite the existence of a promotional poster made specifically for this film depicting both sets of Turtles). Many complained that Nickelodeon, having only recently obtained the TMNT licence, had short-changed long-term fans and should've put much more effort into their first TMNT release, especially given that it seems they've gone out of their way to make this package as poor as possible.
I'm glad I waited, because it seems Nickelodeon has listened, in a fashion, with the region 2 release of Turtles Forever which was out last week in the UK. All the issues noted above have been rectified, with the cover (featuring the promotional poster) boasting of the "widescreen feature length animated feature" (read 16:9 and full 80 minutes intact). Other criticisms such as lack of DVD extras still stand, however, with the entire feature being less than the size of a single-layer DVD.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this movie! It goes through all the genre's the turtles progressed through including their creation as a role playing game from Palladium books. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Unicorn
If you are a fan Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the classics or the new version, this is the movie you need. Read morePublished 2 months ago by benk
If you want to get The Uncut Copy of TURTLES FOREVER go to this link [...]Published 2 months ago by Peter Hall
This movie is worth watching just to watch the 2000's Turtles & Shredder mock the 1990's Turtles & Shredder. Read more