BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 31, 2016
This is amazing. And at that price, who wouldn't own this? If you are only going to buy 1 disk from this series, get this season. It has the most episodes and it has some of the same episodes as on the Season 1 disk. This is hands down my favorite cartoon of all time, and this is IMO the best version of all the cartoons.
Also, my son is 2 years old and his favorite catch phrase is "Turtle Power". He wants to watch this almost every day. And I didn't push it on him (that doesn't work anyway, if it did we would be watching the Land before Time...) he legit loves this show. Anytime we have anybody over they remember this cartoon and enjoy seeing it again as well. It is a win win situation. Everyone loved it on the projector too even though it isn't HD.
on July 26, 2015
As a 40 year old today, I first got into the turtles when they were just a comic book. Even though they changed a lot since then, I still grew up with these on the Saturday morning cartoons and pretty much loved anything to do with them growing up. So naturally, I purchased these for my son so he could relive some of my experiences now that they have become popular once again. He enjoys his TMNT action figures, but he didn't quite latch onto the cartoon because it's a bit above his age level at the moment. I'll just give it some time and I'm sure he'll take to them as I did. Watching these again many years later brought back a lot of memories. This cartoon certainly wasn't the best of the Zeitgeist, but it definitely was not the worst either (take Super Mario for example). In the end, you will not be disappointed whether you are wanting to relive the past, or pass along something to a new future.
on August 17, 2017
My 3 year old loves these original turtle series. He won't stop asking to watch it and sing the song! It's cute, my husband enjoys it too because it reminds him of his childhood.
on February 26, 2014
Sure, I gave it a high rating, but it's nostalgia. So what? Most of the folks ordering this DVD are buying it for one reason: they grew up watching four turtles beat the crap out of foot soldiers every day after school. This is a way for them to relive those cartoons whenever they want.

Here's what I can say: you're older now, so you will notice a lot of the flaws that came with children's animation in the late 80s and early 90s. Those were just part of their charm. At the time we overlooked them, but now they are blatantly obvious. Not that most of us care, because these are the cartoons we grew up with. I don't have children, but I imagine most kids will enjoy it simply because it's animation. Most probably won't even realize that the cartoon is at least 15 years older than they are, but this, along with the new series, is sure to create a whole new generation of TMNT fans.

It's an old show, and it's a cheap, $5 dvd. Don't expect anything in the way of special features.
on June 30, 2015
The product details on this item clearly state that it is dubbed in Spanish. I purchased this for my son who mostly watches tv and movies in Spanish only. Spanish is not an option in captions or dubbing. There isn't even a "menu" on this DVD. The only options are to play all episodes or select an episode. The video quality isn't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be. Just disappointed that we can't watch it in Spanish like I was looking forward to.
review image
on April 18, 2017
the best cartoon ever this is the pinnacle of of television
on July 14, 2016
A great season featuring some awesome episodes and a must have for any TMNT fan. I grew up watching the turtles and I'm still a big fan. It's nice to be able to own the original episodes on dvd so you can relive childhood memories. Go turtles!!
Enthusiast: Star Warson December 24, 2015
Everything you loved about the original franchise. Yes it's cheesy. Yes the plots and scripts are terrible and yes the animation is lousy.
on July 31, 2017