Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-Bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 4, 2011
I love this book! I've already made five little toys, and have countless requests pouring in :) Well written, good illustrations, and it includes all the little basics and background knowledge for the beginning knitter. The patterns are easy, if a little fiddly (but that is to be expected when working on something so small...) and they take such a small amount of yarn and time. There are so many cute patterns! This book has rocketed to my favorite knitting book in the couple of weeks I have owned it!
on January 15, 2014
I love all of Anna's patterns, I only keep wishing there were more of them. These are so much fun to knit up and make great little gifts, especially if you can personalize them. I had the wonderful experience of getting to take a little workshop with Anna about a year ago, and I've been hooked on her patterns since!!

If you are looking for something to knit, note that some of these little things are a little fiddly (I mean the whole things are only 2" big, so what do you expect?!), and you definitely need to be an intermediate knitter to knit this tiny in the round with tons of increases and decreases, etc. It is totally worth it and they are beautifully and clearly written, but if you are a beginner, you might want to start with something a little simpler.
on September 17, 2011
I ordered the digital version of this book and I absolutely love it! I've only had it a little over a week and have already knitted 4 items! All of them are cute, quick to knit, and a perfect way to use up little bits of yarn.
The book calls for fingering weight yarn and also lets you know you can knit them at other gauges. I knitted most of my projects at worsted weight - so adorable!
So far I've knitted the mermaid (love the seashell bikini top), the fish with bubbles, and some cupcakes.
Thanks for all the clever knitting ideas!
on September 17, 2011
I had the good fortune to take a class from the author and she showed us an advance copy of the book. I bought it the day it came out and love it. The author explains well and includes a lot of detail. The photos are very clear and make completing the projects easier. I am just an intermediate knitter and have made three projects successfully. The projects in the book are varied and very cute.

The projects were given as gifts (one made into a ring, one an ornament, and one for a dollhouse) and were fun to give. The recipients were all very pleased. Knitting tinies is a fun break from large projects and they make really good gifts. They are charming and make people feel special, but take surprisingly little time to knit.
on August 17, 2011
I just got this yesterday and I love it! I have her other bookKnitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi and they are both wonderful. This one has designs that are way tinier, though! It's so worth it. Her designs are adorable, well-done, and just too cute. The book itself is clever and visually pleasing, the directions are simple, and there are a lot of how-to pictures. I wish she had more books out!
on February 10, 2014
The patterns are creative and cute. I am between a beginner and intermediate knitter so using tiny yarn and needles was difficult, but with some practice I think it will come easy. The first few rows were really difficult for me, but it came easier once I got past those rows. Don't quit if the first rows are hard! It may be annoying to retry many times but it's worth it once you finally get past it. I would also recommend checking the mochimochi site, they have many more patterns available there, in both mini and normal sizes, as well as kits.
on November 14, 2016
Too stinkin' cute! I'm so glad I bought this. I have tons of scrap yarn from tons of indie dyers, and I hate to see it all just languishing in a bin. These are adorable and a decent way to waste a Saturday in the winter when it's too cold to be out.
on February 7, 2017
Have made several items from this book. They turned out well, but one does need to know how to knit in the round (which I fortunately do). A lot of the items aren't what I would make, but it is a fun book.
on January 13, 2017
Love these patterns! Great for giving little gifts and Christmas ornaments! The gnome is one of my favorites. I also altered with colors, added a pom-pom to make a Santa. Very fun!
on April 2, 2013
This one I jumped right on and grabbed it before there were none left! I love Ms. Hrachovec's work--All of it--even the adorables that didn't get into book 1 or 2. She has such a creative mind that I imagine her sitting and giggling as she moves from one project to the next. The projects are entertaining and never end. Their awwww factor is waaaay up there and I'm right up there with them! Now I'm awaiting book 3.